Windows 10: Setting up a second account under "Accounts used by other apps"

Discus and support Setting up a second account under "Accounts used by other apps" in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I went to try to add my gmail account under "Accounts used by other apps". Is there a way to use my gmail account and not my Microsoft account under... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SandyMorris2, Dec 27, 2020.

1. Setting up a second account under "Accounts used by other apps"

I went to try to add my gmail account under "Accounts used by other apps".

Is there a way to use my gmail account and not my Microsoft account under "Accounts used by other apps"?

I never use Microsoft account.

Sandy

:)

SandyMorris2, Dec 27, 2020
  2. angus Win User

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Dec 27, 2020
  3. Fortitude Win User
    Is it advisable/useful to have a second (full) Administrator account?

Firstly, I should say that someone suggested this Forum to me and it's one of the most useful things that I have come across on the Internet!
    I read somewhere that one way to safeguard your system is to create a second Administrator account in addition to the one that is built-in in Windows, so that should there be a problem with the "original" Administrator account you would use the second one to restore the first one.
    If this is indeed advisable, what are the steps to do it? I presume that I should password-protect the second Administrator account.
    Would I have the second Administrator account always enabled and the original Administrator account always disabled?

Fortitude, Dec 27, 2020
  4. Vesao Win User

Setting up a second account under "Accounts used by other apps"

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Dec 27, 2020
Thema:

Setting up a second account under "Accounts used by other apps"

1. Setting up a second account under "Accounts used by other apps" - Similar Threads - Setting second account

2. Cannot remove account under “Accounts used by other apps”

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot remove account under “Accounts used by other apps”: I have a Microsoft surface laptop. I use it with both my personal and university Microsoft accounts. However at some point, one of my children logged in with their school account, and now I cannot remove it from my computer. It is causing the following issue:When you open...
  3. Cannot remove account under “Accounts used by other apps”

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot remove account under “Accounts used by other apps”: I have a Microsoft surface laptop. I use it with both my personal and university Microsoft accounts. However at some point, one of my children logged in with their school account, and now I cannot remove it from my computer. It is causing the following issue:When you open...
  4. Deleting account under 'Accounts used by other apps'

in Windows 10 Customization
    Deleting account under 'Accounts used by other apps': I keep getting notifications that there is a problem with one of my accounts. It was my school account from college. I want to remove it but when I go to manage it and sign in. I just get an access denied error after I sign in. I just want this account removed from my...
  5. Accounts Used By Other Apps

Accounts Used By Other Apps: I briefly signed into my microsoft accountthe first time on this device to download something on Microsoft Store. Now that account listed under "Accounts Used By Other Apps". I click on it. Only option is "Manage". That take me hereto Microsoft website. There is no remove...
  6. Microsoft Account stuck under ‘Accounts used by other apps’ and can’t be removed?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft Account stuck under ‘Accounts used by other apps’ and can’t be removed?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/bapethoven [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hqohwe/microsoft_account_stuck_under_accounts_used_by/
  7. Microsoft Account stuck under ‘Accounts used by other apps’ and can’t be removed?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft Account stuck under ‘Accounts used by other apps’ and can’t be removed?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/bapethoven [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hqohsj/microsoft_account_stuck_under_accounts_used_by/
  8. Cannot remove "work or school account" under "accounts used by other apps"

Cannot remove "work or school account" under "accounts used by other apps": I added my school Microsoft account to my PC, but have since left the school, so my school account has been permanently disabled. However, it still shows up under accounts used by other apps. My PC gives me daily notifications about how "problem with shared experiences...
  9. Accounts Used By other Apps

Accounts Used By other Apps: How do I get rid of this email account that I've never had nor created? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/accounts-used-by-other-apps/ae1982f9-a70a-424c-bfc3-75a1f929169f
  10. Two Emails Under "Accounts used by other apps"

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Two Emails Under "Accounts used by other apps": As the title says, my email is there as is my dad's email, says accounts used by other apps, but my dad never uses apps on my computer, so I'm not sure why this is here... and can I remove it? [img] 29895