Windows 10: Setting up a separated user account

Discus and support Setting up a separated user account in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Kind of a weird question, though I'm sure you can guess what I'm asking about. Is there a way to create a user account that is hidden from the other... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by taniman, Nov 12, 2015.

1. taniman Win User

Setting up a separated user account

Kind of a weird question, though I'm sure you can guess what I'm asking about.

Is there a way to create a user account that is hidden from the other users on a computer, or at least hidden from the initial login screen? Even more preferable, though I'm sure probably not possible, is there a way to store a user account completely separately, such as on an external drive, until it is plugged in?

:)

taniman, Nov 12, 2015

2. How to set up separate user account in Windows 10

Too bad this doesn't work. Just makes a tangled mess between users. Microsoft, try using the Windows 7 formula for setting up separate users. That would be great. Windows 10 is so unsafe. Everyone's info is scrambled together. Thank you.

LIGHTHORSE1, Nov 12, 2015
  3. How to set up separate user account in Windows 10

HI Dan,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and see if it helps.

1) Open Control Panel.

2) Select User Account and click on User Account.

3) Next select Manage another account.

4) Click on Add a new user in PC settings. It will take you to
    Family and other users.

5) Now in the right side you will have an option to Add Someone else to this PC.

6) Now follow the on screen instructions to create new Microsoft account.

If you want you can convert a Microsoft account to local account.

Hope it helps. Please reply to us with the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Nov 12, 2015
Thema:

Setting up a separated user account

1. Setting up a separated user account - Similar Threads - Setting separated user

2. how do I set up a separate account for another user on my computer

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    how do I set up a separate account for another user on my computer: I had to set up a new computer I'm trying to set this one up the same way but Micro soft wont let me I used to have 2 separate accounts for myself and my sons business it wont let me do this now please help...
  3. how do I set up a separate account for another user on my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I set up a separate account for another user on my computer: I had to set up a new computer I'm trying to set this one up the same way but Micro soft wont let me I used to have 2 separate accounts for myself and my sons business it wont let me do this now please help...
  4. how do I set up a separate account for another user on my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Separate User Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Separate User Settings: I have a Dell PC running Windows 10. There are two people in our home using the computer. How do I set it up so that we each have different settings? I tried creating an administrative user account and two standard users, but when one of the standard users changes their...
  6. How to set up separate user account for Microsoft work?

How to set up separate user account for Microsoft work?: I am trying to set up a sperate login account on my PC for my work email along with files and apps associated with the company. I have connected my work email to my personal account in Accounts > Access Work of School Account, and I have my account set up under Emails and...
  7. How to set up separate user account in Windows 10 for 2021

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to set up separate user account in Windows 10 for 2021: Can someone please provide current relevant information on this topic? The previous question on link https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings-winpc/how-to-set-up-separate-user-account-in-windows-10/7a889198-bf4a-4136-a255-3e86e089a212 is...
  8. Setting up User Accounts

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Setting up User Accounts: Hi, I'm a new refugee from Windows 7, with not much computer knowledge. On W7 I had one admin account and one user account, so that I could use the latter for daily use and just go admin for downloads and backups. I'd like to do the same with W10, but this new system with...
  9. Separate user accounts

Separate user accounts: Why set up separate user accounts? I was expecting that each user could have different program icons on their home screen to simplify their use of the PC, but all icons are the same on screens and task bars. Also, is there a way to hide or turn off the brightly colored...
  10. System Image with separate user accounts

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Image with separate user accounts: Just a quick question. Can I make a system image of recent Windows 10 install which has been set up with two user accounts (one is a child's account) with their own different set-ups, programs etc. If so - which account do I use to select to make a system image from. Just...