Windows 10: Setting up a UEFI triple-boot computer: Windows 10 + FreeBSD + Linux

Discus and support Setting up a UEFI triple-boot computer: Windows 10 + FreeBSD + Linux in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I came across this article while researching "Setting up a UEFI triple-boot computer: Windows 10 + FreeBSD + Linux". Does anyone know of a better... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Gerard_Seibert, Sep 19, 2020.

1. Setting up a UEFI triple-boot computer: Windows 10 + FreeBSD + Linux

Gerard_Seibert, Sep 19, 2020

2. Windows 8 Secure Boot Feature: Not So Secure?

So Linux is switching to secure boot also? Or they have to because of UEFI?

Damn_Smooth, Sep 19, 2020
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Windows 8 Secure Boot Feature: Not So Secure?

• Linux
    • Linux
    • Linux
    • Linux
    • Oh and OSX
    Here is a statement from a Kernal Developer at Red Hat:

I'm not sure this exploits the legacy BIOS but rather it exploits the legacy boot method on MBR drives, injecting a signed key before the OS boots, which you are correct in that it has nothing to do with Windows 8. And the simplest fix would just be to require boot drives use GPT when Secure Boot is enabled in UEFI.

newtekie1, Sep 19, 2020
  4. Setting up a UEFI triple-boot computer: Windows 10 + FreeBSD + Linux

Win 10.VHDX native boot....with linux as well?

Hi Shrine,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I suggest you to refer the articles Best Practices
    for running Linux on Hyper-V
    , Boot
    to a virtual hard disk: Add a VHDX or VHD to the boot menu
    , and
    Supported Linux and FreeBSD virtual
    machines for Hyper-V on Windows
    to check if you can add a second Virtual Hard Drive to install Linux.

If you want more help on installing Linux on VHDX, then I suggest you to post your query in
    IT Pro TechNet Forums, where we have support professionals who are well equipped with the knowledge
    on Hyper-V and Virtual Hard Disks and they will help you with the exact information that you are looking for.

Shafeeq_Khan, Sep 19, 2020
Thema:

Setting up a UEFI triple-boot computer: Windows 10 + FreeBSD + Linux

1. Setting up a UEFI triple-boot computer: Windows 10 + FreeBSD + Linux - Similar Threads - Setting UEFI triple

2. Windows 10 boots to UEFI

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 boots to UEFI: I have a new pc, I9 with a 2 TB M.2 SSD on a ASRock Z590 Taichi MB. Out of the box boot up went fine. I used AMMEI Partition Assistant to create some partitions for data. Since then, the pc boots in to the UEFI, not windows. The Boot Option Priorities, Boot Option #1 is...
  3. Set up second SATA SSD as Linux boot drive?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Set up second SATA SSD as Linux boot drive?: I have a 10-year-old HP H8-1070t PC (BIOS AMI 7.09 7/2/2011) running Windows 10 Pro v. 2004 build 19041.985. It has two SATA SSD's, SATA1 assigned as C: (Windows boot drive), and SATA0 as D: (data). System info says the BIOS is in UEFI mode. The BIOS's boot page lists the...
  4. Doing a triple boot with Win_10 Win_7 Linux-Ubuntu

Doing a triple boot with Win_10 Win_7 Linux-Ubuntu: Hey, I'm Swaroop, and am a web developer and a graphic designer. So for my profession, I needed Win_10 and Win_7 for some programs. And just for fun and some experience, I wanna use Ubuntu. Now, as far as I know, Ubuntu isn't much hardware intensive. Right now I'm already...
  5. Computer formerly on Linux not booting windows

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer formerly on Linux not booting windows: A while ago I tried to install Linux. I didn't like it so I deleted the partition and continued using windows. Now, after several months, I'm getting a grub rescue message on boot. I don't know what could have promoted this. What I find online says to boot from a windows usb,...
  6. Triple booting

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Triple booting: So I currently have windows 10 on my pc and want to triple boot it with Mac Linux and windows 10. (Yes I have the hardware) I want to do this in the cleanest way possible with it feeling nice and official (so not booting with some weird dos prompt). What’s the best method and...
  7. Setting SSD Up As UEFI

in Windows 10 Support
    Setting SSD Up As UEFI: Hi, I am in the process of attempting to install Windows 10 on the system listed in my profile. I have downloaded Windows 10 as an ISO and transferred this to an NTFS formatted memory stick. The installation process works ok but I am having problems getting the SSD setup...
  8. Dual BOOT with Linux on ext3 and GPT + UEFI

Dual BOOT with Linux on ext3 and GPT + UEFI: Have two SSDs, one for W10 Insider and on other one I just reinstalled Linux Mint with UEFI and GPT partition(s). [img] [img] While both were in "normal legacy BIOS" way, non-UEFI I was able to make it dual BOOT but now my favorite, EasyBCD can't make working BOOT...
  9. Triple Booting

Triple Booting: Hi, just joined forum. I've been on vista and seven forums awhile. I have a PC with three drives. One has Vista (my favorite OS - I'm one of those retro types); the other two have seven. (all home premium). The original drive has seven HP 64, and the drive has a minor issue...
  10. Windows 10 To Go Image not booting on Computer with UEFI

Windows 10 To Go Image not booting on Computer with UEFI: Hi, I'm trying to make a Windows To Go image for my PC repair business using Rufus and a Windows 10 Pro ISO from MS Techbench. It boots perfectly fine on most computers except one. The computer I am trying to boot off is running Windows 8.1 with a UEFI bios. It's got a...