Windows 10: Setting up a user profile for a family member.

Discus and support Setting up a user profile for a family member. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I want to set up a separate login account for my spouse on a new Windows Home computer. I am the Administrator. My spouse is not very technical. At one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by StanRobins, Jun 1, 2021.

1. Setting up a user profile for a family member.

I want to set up a separate login account for my spouse on a new Windows Home computer. I am the Administrator. My spouse is not very technical. At one time it was possible to set up a guest profile for a user that could even have different apps. I can't find anything in Windows Home that tells how to do that. Is the guest/family profile option only available on Windows Pro?

:)

StanRobins, Jun 1, 2021

2. Win 10: Creating a member (child) profile getting error that "The User Profile Service failed the sign in" User Profile can not be loaded

Hi Simonalee,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

From the description, it appears that you are not able to sign in to user account. This issue appears if the user profile is corrupted.

I suggest you to remove the account and then try to create new user profile.

To do so:

1) Type settings in the search box and then click on Settings app.

2) Click on Accounts and then select Family and other users.

3) In the right pane, try to add the family member and check if it helps.

If the issue still persists, Check to see if it works by converting the Microsoft Account to Local and then back to Microsoft Account. Here`s how:

• Go to Settings from the Start Menu.
    • Click Accounts. Under Your Account, click Sign in with a Local Account instead.
    • Follow the instructions. Sign Out and Sign in.
    • Then convert back to Microsoft Account.
    To connect back to the Microsoft Account, you will perform similar steps:

• Go to Settings from the Start Menu.
    • Click Accounts. Under Your Account, click Sign in with a Microsoft Account instead.
    • Follow the instructions. Sign Out and Sign in.
    • Your account should now be connected again.
    Let us know if this helped.

Anil Madishetty, Jun 1, 2021
  3. How do I remove a family member user on Microsoft 10.

How do I completely remove a user on Microsoft 10? They are listed as family members and are blocked at the moment but the system doesn't allow me to delete them forever. I do not want to see their profile or user account anymore in the "Accounts">"Family
    & Other users section of my "Settings".

Lalo Barocio, Jun 1, 2021
  4. Rey Cam Win User

Setting up a user profile for a family member.

fingergprint log-in for family member

Hi Kristi

Through Windows Hello, you may have your family members register different accounts with their fingerprints.

Once you are signed as the family account administrator, you may follow the steps below:

• Right-click the Start button.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Choose Family & other users.
    • Add people using the Your family, or Other users options. The only difference between the two is with family, you get an access to child controls, for monitoring and blocking content.

Once your child is logged into his or her own accounts, they can now set up their own
    Windows Hello log-in. Refer to the steps below:

• Click Start.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Choose Accounts.
    • Select Sign-in options.
    • Select Windows Hello.
    • Choose Fingerprint, then Set up.

After performing the steps, kindly share with us the result.

Rey Cam, Jun 1, 2021
Thema:

Setting up a user profile for a family member.

1. Setting up a user profile for a family member. - Similar Threads - Setting user profile

2. Removal of family member form 'Family and Other Users

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Removal of family member form 'Family and Other Users: 1. My log-in screen shows two accounts show.2. Both of these accounts are me—no other person has access to my computer.3. I select my administrator account and log in.4. I look up ‘Your Info’ in Settings.5. My account saying ‘Administrator’ appears.6. When I look into ‘Family...
  3. Removal of family member form 'Family and Other Users

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Removal of family member form 'Family and Other Users: 1. My log-in screen shows two accounts show.2. Both of these accounts are me—no other person has access to my computer.3. I select my administrator account and log in.4. I look up ‘Your Info’ in Settings.5. My account saying ‘Administrator’ appears.6. When I look into ‘Family...
  4. Removal of family member form 'Family and Other Users

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Changing age of Family member due to incorrect set up

Changing age of Family member due to incorrect set up: I had a call yesterday with Microsoft support Case 105367153 trying to change the age of a family member because i had set up the details incorrectly - There is only myself -an adult that uses the account but because i sign in with the email address that has the age set a one...
  6. Changing age of Family member due to incorrect set up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing age of Family member due to incorrect set up: I had a call yesterday with Microsoft support Case 105367153 trying to change the age of a family member because i had set up the details incorrectly - There is only myself -an adult that uses the account but because i sign in with the email address that has the age set a one...
  7. Changing age of Family member due to incorrect set up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Family members

Family members: I have added my wife as a family member and have received a notification that she has been added as a child. How can I correct it to an adult? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/family-members/88401424-5bce-403a-a5fe-c2dd9ac07f52
  9. Trouble setting up a family member's account

Trouble setting up a family member's account: My laptop keeps having an issue when I try to create an account for a family member. Something to do with Microsoft family not being able to connect. My windows 10 is up to date and I'm always connected to the internet whenever I try creating an account. Need some help...
  10. Family members user accounts

Family members user accounts: For some reason the native photos app has got broken on my wife and sons user accounts (both standard accounts). I cannot fix it. On my own administrator account it works fine. There was a recent photos app update which I think is what screwed it up! Anyway I tested creating...