Windows 10: Setting up a webcam as the camera default

Discus and support Setting up a webcam as the camera default in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I just installed the Logitech C270 webcam. I would like my computer to default to it on startup so that I can use the Windows Hello facial... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by KevinCoons2, Dec 19, 2018.

1. Setting up a webcam as the camera default

I just installed the Logitech C270 webcam. I would like my computer to default to it on startup so that I can use the Windows Hello facial recognition to automatically get me through the sign in process (Windows 10). The Device Manager registers the webcam as an imaging device and not as a camera (so I can't select if as the default camera). Is there some way for me to create the preference to use the C270 as the default "camera"? Thanks.

:)

KevinCoons2, Dec 19, 2018
  2. Ray290 Win User

Setting Venus USB 2.0 Webcam as default camera

Hi, I'm trying to set my USB webcam as the default camera on my Compaq Presario. I have disabled the internal cam in device manager! The Venus webcam is showing in Device Manager and reports everything ok with it!!!! How do set it as default webcam in Windows
    10?

Regards in anticipation

Ray290, Dec 19, 2018
  3. Laptop Camera

Thanks for updating us on the results of the troubleshooting steps that you have completed. Since the built-in webcam is still not working correctly and the same error code 0xA00F4244 (0xC00DABED) is still appearing, we suggest that we check the camera privacy
    settings to see if the camera access is turned on. Kindly follow the steps below to check the camera privacy settings:

• Press the Windows key + I to open the Settings app.
    • Near the top of the Settings app window is the search box, kindly type the word "webcam" or "camera".
    • From the list of results choose Camera privacy settings.
    • Make sure that "Let apps use my camera" toggle is set to On.

We look forward to your response once you complete the steps.

Jordan Dom, Dec 19, 2018
  4. Setting up a webcam as the camera default

default webcam/camera?

Hey guys! i have a dell inspiron core 2 desktop with windows 7. i wasnt ever abe to find a camera on it so my husband bought me a logitech webcam for it. does anyone know how i might be able to set that webcam as my default device so i dont jave to deal
    with finding it every time i want to use a site with webcam access?

katelynparks, Dec 19, 2018
Thema:

Setting up a webcam as the camera default

1. Setting up a webcam as the camera default - Similar Threads - Setting webcam camera

2. Setting an external Webcam as the default start up camera windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Setting an external Webcam as the default start up camera windows 10: I have an HP Spectre running Windows 10. I have added an external camera logitech 930c. I wish to disable the internal camera and set this external camera as the default on start up for facial recognition. I successfully disabled the internal camera. I found the Logitech 930c...
  3. Setting an external Webcam as the default start up camera windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setting an external Webcam as the default start up camera windows 10: I have an HP Spectre running Windows 10. I have added an external camera logitech 930c. I wish to disable the internal camera and set this external camera as the default on start up for facial recognition. I successfully disabled the internal camera. I found the Logitech 930c...
  4. Setting an external Webcam as the default start up camera windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. A True Fix for Cameras with corrupted firmware defaulting to `WebCam`

A True Fix for Cameras with corrupted firmware defaulting to `WebCam`: If you're here you've exhausted any and all hope of getting your camera working after searching post after post and seeing the same basic firmware latest checks.I hope I can solve this for you tooGreatest thanks to Lukasz Pawlowski -- MS for the OG post that helped me realise...
  6. Default Webcam For Camera App

in Windows 10 Customization
    Default Webcam For Camera App: Is there a way to actually set a default webcam for the camera app? Please, don't tell me to disable devices or anything. I want to SELECT A CAMERA THAT DOESN'T SHOW IN DEVICES AND PRINTERS. This is crazy that I can't select an OBS Studio virtual webcam. It's like the most...
  7. Set default Webcam for Windows Hello?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Set default Webcam for Windows Hello?: Hi, I´m using a Dell Laptop with built in webcam which is Hello capable and I also use a Dell WD19TB docking station on which I have a Logitech Brio 4K connected also Hello enabled. Usually it works fine: If connected to dock, the external Logi Brio is used to face...
  8. webcam/camera

webcam/camera: I have been utilizing Zoom app. without difficulty but now the program is indicating that it is unable to locate camera so I don't have full function of the app. I have been troubleshooting and am unable to find the problem to correct it. Any suggestions?...
  9. Mic/Webcam set up

Mic/Webcam set up: Hi, My wife is working from home, she's using her Win 10 Samsung laptop, but struggling for webcam & mic set up. This is pictures of whats happening. first one is the error, 2nd is the options, then the next 2 are in the security when you click manage, just can't get them to...
  10. Change default settings for a webcam?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change default settings for a webcam?: Is there any way of changing the default-settings of a connected webcam? No, I'm not asking to change the default webcam, I'm asking about changing the default exposure-, white-balance- etc. settings so they don't have to be adjusted every single god damn time you boot up....