Windows 10: setting up accounts in windows 10 mail app

Discus and support setting up accounts in windows 10 mail app in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I just upgraded my Windows 7 computer to Windows 10, and I'm trying to set up the mail app to access other email accounts. One of them is Verizon.net... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by trippap, Apr 25, 2020.

1. trippap Win User

setting up accounts in windows 10 mail app

I just upgraded my Windows 7 computer to Windows 10, and I'm trying to set up the mail app to access other email accounts. One of them is Verizon.net email, which is supplied through AOL. When I try to add the account, I'm presented with a list of account types, none of which is AOL or Verizon, so I choose IMAP, POP option. This brings up a dialog box that asks for email address, name to associate with the account, and password. I access Verizon.net mail by going to mail.AOL.com, and using username *** Email address is removed for privacy *** to login. There's no place to enter this info in the Win10 mail app. I expect the smtp and pop server addresses will need to be manually edited also. The app is so dumbed down that it does not know how to deal with unusual account parameters. How can I get to a setting screen that will allow me to really specify how to access this email provider?

:)

trippap, Apr 25, 2020
  2. philc43 Win User

Cannot open mail app settings

OK, my next suggestion was going to be uninstalling Mail and Calendar and reinstalling from the Windows Store. You can have a go at this by following these steps.

1. Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell.
    2. Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    3. Enter the below command to remove the Mail and calendar app.

get-appxpackage *microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps* | remove-appxpackage

After performing the above steps, install the Mail and calendar app from the Windows Store.

Hope this helps, you will, of course, have to add you accounts back again.

philc43, Apr 25, 2020
  3. Mail App in Windows 10

Hi John,

We apologize for the delay in response.

Follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1:

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the Mailbox sync settings.

• Open the Mail app and sign in to your account.
    • Click on the gear icon (Settings) from the bottom left corner.
    • Click on the Accounts under
      Settings
    • Click on your account and select Change settings.
    • Click on the Change mailbox sync settings and check in the
      Sync options.
    If the issue persist, follow the below step.

Step 2:

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the mail app, reconfigure the email account in mail app and check if the mail app is working properly.

Follow the below steps to uninstall the Mail and Calendar apps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select
      Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to reinstall the Mail and calendar app.
    get-appxpackage *microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps* | remove-appxpackage

Note: After performing the above steps, install the Mail and calendar app form the Windows store.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Apr 25, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. setting up accounts in windows 10 mail app :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Apr 25, 2020
Thema:

1. setting up accounts in windows 10 mail app - Similar Threads - setting accounts mail

2. setting up accounts in Mail App - error code 0x8007139f

in Windows 10 Gaming
    setting up accounts in Mail App - error code 0x8007139f: I am trying to set up Mail on my laptop for a new yahoo account, however I keep getting the error code 0x8007139f like many other people.I have set up ok on outlook but had to use an authenticator password. I have tried usual and authenticator password and still get error...
  3. setting up accounts in Mail App - error code 0x8007139f

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    setting up accounts in Mail App - error code 0x8007139f: I am trying to set up Mail on my laptop for a new yahoo account, however I keep getting the error code 0x8007139f like many other people.I have set up ok on outlook but had to use an authenticator password. I have tried usual and authenticator password and still get error...
  4. Errors setting up gmail account in Mail app

Errors setting up gmail account in Mail app: New HP laptop, first use. But long time Windows user. Hotmail email account set up no problem. Unable to add gmail account without getting an error code 0x80070490. Have tried to restart the app and reinstall. Have also tried all the suggestions on this question...
  5. Setting up Mail on Windows 10 for TalkTalk.net account

Setting up Mail on Windows 10 for TalkTalk.net account: Could someone show me the correct steps to set up a talktalk.net e-mail on the generic windows 10 mail app have tried a number of settings and configurations without success. have successfully set it up before in Windows 7 and now on Ipad & iphone with no trouble. Can someone...
  6. setting up an e-mail account

setting up an e-mail account: I'm trying to get e-mail's from another account onto my computer, when I enter the info username and password, which I know are correct I have an error code: 0x80004005. The e-mail is working fine in outlook on a different PC, but I'm trying to get it to work with the mail...
  7. Windows Mail Setting Up Accounts

Windows Mail Setting Up Accounts: So I bought a new laptop and thought I'd set up Windows Mail. I went to mail, clicked add account and added a couple accounts successfully. Problem is it just keeps taking me back to the "Add account" screen and the "go to inbox" is greyed out. I uninstalled Mail the...
  8. Setting Up Mail in WIndows 10 for a verizon account

Setting Up Mail in WIndows 10 for a verizon account: How can I set up my verizon account in the mail app? I have tried all the suggestions for the incoming and outgoing servers and nothing seems to work. Nowadays the way to access verizon mail is through AOL and I'm wondering if that has anything to do with it...
  9. Canot set up BT mail accounts on Windows 10 Mail app

Canot set up BT mail accounts on Windows 10 Mail app: Trying to set up my BT e mail accounts in Windows 10 mail. They seem to set up OK but then I keep getting a message that settings are out of date and asked to reinput password. The passwords are fine as I can access the accounts on ipad or on the webserver. How do I get them...
  10. New mail account set up

in Browsers and Email
    New mail account set up: after my desktop upgraded itself to Windows 10, I've tried to add a bellsouth email account. It wont sync and the error message is 0x8007274c. It says it cannot contact mail.bellsouth.net:110:0. 52229

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant add yahoo mail to laptop error code 0x80004005 language:en