Windows 10: Setting up an employee's computer

Discus and support Setting up an employee's computer in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I am trying to set up a new laptop which has Windows 11 for a new employee. I don't want to use my or their personal Microsoft account but I cannot set... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Mary Helen Richer, Apr 1, 2022.

1. Setting up an employee's computer

I am trying to set up a new laptop which has Windows 11 for a new employee. I don't want to use my or their personal Microsoft account but I cannot set it up with a work account as the primary account. How can I register this as an organization computer with an employee as the user?

:)

Mary Helen Richer, Apr 1, 2022
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Apr 1, 2022
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Apr 1, 2022
  4. Jim8080 Win User

Setting up an employee's computer

Computer Sleep Option Missing in Settings

The Settings Power and Sleep menu in Settings should list Screen and Sleep, where Sleep is used to tell when the PC goes to sleep. Sleep is missing, so my computer never sleeps. Fast startup and Hibernate are not enabled.

I used Tutorial Add or Remove Sleep in Power menu in Windows 10 to change the registry while in administrative mode, but sleep still is not seen.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FlyoutMenuSettings now lists :1: It was 0 before the change.

Setting up an employee's computer [​IMG]

I cannot get a large image, so will type
    Default REG_SZ (value not set)
    ShowHibernate REG_DWORD 0X00000000 (0)
    ShowLockOption REG_DWORD 0X00000000 (1)
    ShowLockOption REG_DWORD 0X00000000 (1)

I used Option 3 to add sleep using the Group Policy Editor. The steps seemed to work fine, but sleep is still missing.

I’m using a “new” refurbished Dell T3500 workstation with mbr running the current version of win10. I have a number of these computers, and the other all have the normal sleep mode .

Any suggestions? Jim

Jim8080, Apr 1, 2022
Thema:

Setting up an employee's computer

1. Setting up an employee's computer - Similar Threads - Setting employee's computer

2. Setting up an employee's computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Setting up an employee's computer: I am trying to set up a new laptop which has Windows 11 for a new employee. I don't want to use my or their personal Microsoft account but I cannot set it up with a work account as the primary account. How can I register this as an organization computer with an employee as...
  3. Former Employee Accounts filling up HDD?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Former Employee Accounts filling up HDD?: Please Help.Many of out computers only have 120GB SSD and that should be plenty because the users don't create a lot of data. But what I'm noticing is after about 2 years of turnover the user accounts number over 100 and use about 60 to 70 GB of the drive.It mainly looks like...
  4. Former Employee Accounts filling up HDD?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Former Employee Accounts filling up HDD?: Please Help.Many of out computers only have 120GB SSD and that should be plenty because the users don't create a lot of data. But what I'm noticing is after about 2 years of turnover the user accounts number over 100 and use about 60 to 70 GB of the drive.It mainly looks like...
  5. Employee

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Employee: Is Andrew Herbert MIC4055 an employee of Microsoft? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/employee/a026ef3a-065a-4d1f-8f16-5d5a6e1ac767
  6. Reset Employee Computer With Lost Password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reset Employee Computer With Lost Password: Have an old computer for an employee long gone. We want to use it again, but don't have the password. Don't care about the data just want a factory reset. I figured out how to do that, but I get this error. "there was a problem resetting your pc no changes were made"....
  7. Domain admin - setting up Windows 10 Pro workstations for employees

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Domain admin - setting up Windows 10 Pro workstations for employees: Small company - we buy our laptops and desktops from Dell usually. I set up the computers for the employees when they come in - attach to domain, install required software etc. We have a local domain and controller that is linked to Azure with a free account. I am...
  8. Removing the previous employee from computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Removing the previous employee from computer: I'm working on the same computer as a previous employee. I've moved all of her files to an external drive and exported her email to a .pst file. Now, I want to completely remove her. She and I both have Office 365 accounts and I don't want her to lose her data but I need to...
  9. Setting up a secure network so that employees don't steal company data

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Setting up a secure network so that employees don't steal company data: Hello, I have a small company and one of our employees just left the company and while leaving he stole most company data and gave it to our competitors. It's high time I get a secure system. I plan on setting up a server through which all internet access will be directed...
  10. Setting up a secure network so that employees don't steal company data

in Windows 10 Support
    Setting up a secure network so that employees don't steal company data: Hello, I have a small company and one of our employees just left the company and while leaving he stole most company data and gave it to our competitors. It's high time I get a secure system. I plan on setting up a server through which all internet access will be directed...