Windows 10: Setting up another user file under Local Disk C/ Users

Discus and support Setting up another user file under Local Disk C/ Users in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have setup my wife as a family member. How does one setup a folder for her in Local Disk C/ Users? I have tried simply adding a file but it is not... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Don325, Oct 25, 2019.

1. Don325 Win User

Setting up another user file under Local Disk C/ Users

I have setup my wife as a family member. How does one setup a folder for her in Local Disk C/ Users?

I have tried simply adding a file but it is not as secure as my folder. I say this as when linking to another computer I see Default and Public and the added folder but not my folder. How do I make her folder unseen?

:)

Don325, Oct 25, 2019
  2. Arun B J Win User

Unable to set restriction for local user in Windows 10

Hi,

I realized your concern and will assist you to resolve the issue.

• How did you noticed that user is still able to access the drive?

• Did you log into the local user account and check the permission?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below to restrict the user.

• In File Explorer, right click on the drive which you want to restrict.
    • Click Properties.
    • Click the Security tab.
    • Click on Edit to change the permissions.
    • Uncheck all the permission for system.
    • Click OK and make sure the change is applied to all subfolders and files.

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

Thanks and regards.

Arun B J, Oct 25, 2019
  3. Mystery local user present with no account

Good afternoon Andre,

Thank you for your feedback, most appreciated. I tried both of your suggestions and the 1st5 user was not listed in either, just my original local user name was listed. I also tried to cut the 1st5 user folder from the C;/users listing and paste it to a
    thumb drive so I didn't loose it but I got this error code, 0x80070057, that prevents me from moving it saying the "parameter is incorrect". Any other suggestions would be welcomed.

R/Confused

Also when I got the error I mentioned above there was a Folder with a person's picture and MY local user name, not the 1st5 user name.

J.W. Sargent, Oct 25, 2019
  4. Kreij Win User

Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Oct 25, 2019
Thema:

1. Setting up another user file under Local Disk C/ Users - Similar Threads - Setting another user

2. How to remove a user folder under C:\Users\. ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove a user folder under C:\Users\. ?: First show the picture of the folders under "C:\Users\.":My question is, "How can I delete the file named TEMP and TEMP.MSI?"A. The current profile situation:I have only 2 user-account in the computer now, which is "Default" and "HsuChaChuen".This information is checked in...
  3. Change folder name of "user" under C:/Users/user

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Change folder name of "user" under C:/Users/user: I misspelled by name during installation of windows and now i want to change the name of the folder.What is the possible way to do so ?Thank in advance- Sagnik Saha...
  4. user "SYSTEM" is Deny in Local Disk C

in Windows 10 Customization
    user "SYSTEM" is Deny in Local Disk C: I can't change the User "SYSTEM" from Deny to Allow in "Local Disk C", Need administrator rights to change it, while the user account is admin but can't change it, please help me to solve this problem! Thank you....
  5. Changing the name of user under C:\users

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Changing the name of user under C:\users: Windows 10 ver 20H2 build 19042.928 I just got a refurbished second hand computer and would like to change the user name which is shown under C:\users to one of my own.own liking. Will someone please tell me how, if possible, to do that? Thank you. 179010
  6. Unknown users folder under C:\Users\

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unknown users folder under C:\Users\: Hey So I noticed that I have my usual user folder in C:\Users\user and then another one which is basically C:\Users\user.LAPTOP-xxxxxxxx. The weird thing is that user.LAPTOP-xxxxxxxx is not the name of my laptop at all if I check under system information. Where is this...
  7. A User located in C:\User doesn't appear under Local Users and Groups or at Login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    A User located in C:\User doesn't appear under Local Users and Groups or at Login: I have a User Profile that appears under C:\Users, but doesn't show up under the Computer Management Local; Local Users and Groups; Users, or as an option at the Login Screen. How do I enable it?...
  8. Renaming the user folder under c:\users

Renaming the user folder under c:\users: Hi all. As a user who's part of a domain, my user folder under C:\Users is very long and this is disturbing when I use Bash (WSL). the folder is first.last.domainName and that's too long. Ideally, I just want my user folder to be my first.last name without the domain name...
  9. Set up user account profile to be readable by another user?

Set up user account profile to be readable by another user?: My goal is to set up permissions on a user account profile to be readable by another user. I'm setting up such scheme for an automated backup purpose. So, say I have two standard user accounts -- User A that is a general user of the system, whose data will be backed up:...
  10. Sole User and not showing under ThisPc/C/Users

Sole User and not showing under ThisPc/C/Users: Instead of myself, what I have under Users, is a folder that I had from windows 7 in my network. It was Users/Desktop/MyBaby. When I upgraded to Win10 it added that under Users. My name is nowhere in that win 10 Users folder. I just downloaded the 'Take Ownership' script...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. users local disk c MSI

2. How to create local disk users