Windows 10: Setting up Auto Power-on

Discus and support Setting up Auto Power-on in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am going away for a month and I want to access one of my PCs over internet using teamviewer. Instead of setting up Wake-on-LAN, which I have no way... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by badrobot, Dec 8, 2014.

1. badrobot Win User

Setting up Auto Power-on

I am going away for a month and I want to access one of my PCs over internet using teamviewer. Instead of setting up Wake-on-LAN, which I have no way of checking if it will work when I am away already, I just want to set my PC up to boot up automatically on a specified time. It's an Acer Aspire One mid PC which serves as an HTPC. Tried configuring bios by enabling "Wake on RTC alarm" and I setup the start up time but I can't make it to work. Anything I missed?

:)

badrobot, Dec 8, 2014

2. Widget offline mode disappeared in Belle N8

You can click on WiFi in the scroll down notification menu and then bring up settings and enable "Power Saving" that seems to wok for me to auto disconnect WiFi.

jlscott777, Dec 8, 2014
  3. N97 RSS update issues since upgrading to v21

I have found a workaround:

The problem with RSS feeds disabling their auto-update setting only happens when you switch off the phone using the power button. If you power down by dropping out the battery the auto-update settings stay enabled.

matthewleech---01, Dec 8, 2014
  4. badrobot Win User

Setting up Auto Power-on

No ideas? Anyone? I guess I just have to access my NAS via world wide web.

badrobot, Dec 8, 2014
  5. labeeman Win User
    And hope the ISP doesn't change IP address on you. Does your neighbor have a wifi connection that he could let you use that way you could test it out and see if it works.

labeeman, Dec 8, 2014
  6. badrobot Win User
    I have a premium DDNS account. So I don't have to worry about changing WAN IP. I can make WOL work within my network. But I haven't made it work outside my network. Probably because of bridge router setup on that HTPC. Auto start-up could have been the best option if I could make it work as well. The WOL setup is a lot more complicated. I've already tried accessing that PC from outside by leaving it on. And it works great. I just need something to turn it on while I am away. I can't leave it on for a month. *Smile

badrobot, Dec 8, 2014
  7. labeeman Win User
    This statement would lead me to believe that it is trying to wake a sleeping computer not power it on.

labeeman, Dec 8, 2014
  8. badrobot Win User

Setting up Auto Power-on

That makes sense. It may have been "Power on....". My mistake. I am in the office right now. Just trying to get some ideas that I can try when I get home.

badrobot, Dec 8, 2014
  9. badrobot Win User
    I will try to post screen grabs later.

badrobot, Dec 8, 2014
  10. labeeman Win User
    I have never tried to do this before so do not know if it is possible. The RTC is the chip that can do this if it is wired so, as the bios is not running in a power off state but in a sleep state the bios is running.

labeeman, Dec 8, 2014
  11. badrobot Win User
    Deep sleep mode is disabled if that matters.

badrobot, Dec 8, 2014
  12. I've used the wake on real time clock option in the past. My desktop PC would turn on every morning at 8 AM. My coffee brewer was set for 7:50 AM, *Wink The PC was shut down and not in sleep or hibernate mode. As long as the power supply has power it should work. It's the AUX +5V supply that is used. It just simulates pressing the case power button. Is the CMOS/BIOS clock set to the correct time. On mine there is a day setting and a time setting. I had mine set for everyday at 8 AM.

alphanumeric, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Setting up Auto Power-on

1. Setting up Auto Power-on - Similar Threads - Setting Auto Power

2. Settings before powering up my pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Settings before powering up my pc: Hi, When i turned on my pc I accidently pressed 0 right next to arrow keyboards. When I did that, I think some kind of settings appeared. But Pc didn't turn on completely. I went on "save and exit" and It led me to desktop and everything was fine. Soo since i found this, what...
  3. Settings before powering up my pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Settings before powering up my pc: Hi, When i turned on my pc I accidently pressed 0 right next to arrow keyboards. When I did that, I think some kind of settings appeared. But Pc didn't turn on completely. I went on "save and exit" and It led me to desktop and everything was fine. Soo since i found this, what...
  4. Settings before powering up my pc

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Recent updates messed power settings up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Recent updates messed power settings up: After one of the recent updates, my laptop's power settings, specifically turning screen off when plugged in, seem to reset on regular basis. I change it to "never" and after next reboot it changes back to 15 minutes. Strangely enough, sleep setting does not reset. It was...
  6. how do I set up auto complete

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do I set up auto complete: How do I set up Autocomplete? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-set-up-auto-complete/5a90da69-7c3d-4682-b41c-e16cd2c4e469
  7. Auto Power-On?

Auto Power-On?: Is there a setting for my all-in-one Lenovo to fire up on its own at a set time every day or on set days? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/auto-power-on/05d6fd3b-9d97-48ee-a418-c816b306b3f6
  8. Power settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Power settings: Hi So back when i had Windows 7 instead of Windows 10, if i left home and my PC was still turned on, then after about 30 minutes the Green Led from the PC tower started blinking and the PC kinda went into some form of power saving. I know it wasn't hibernate or sleep because...
  9. Auto power on, continuously beeping

Auto power on, continuously beeping: One of our computers, Windows 10, auto powered on by itself and didn't load Windows. The computer continuously beeped until I powered it down with the power button. I've attached a pic of the Event Viewer and a text document of the error. What is this telling me? [ATTACH]...
  10. Power Setting

in Windows 10 Support
    Power Setting: Has Microsoft removed the option of changing power plan. In previous windows, you could change from say Balanced to High performance by clicking the battery button. Now, I can go into the settings but I'm not sure if its actually changing the plan. Why would they remove this?...