Windows 10: Setting up Bitlocker to trigger if not connected to network

Discus and support Setting up Bitlocker to trigger if not connected to network in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello everyone,I'm a fairly new System Admin at my organization and fairly new to the role all together, and I have been given a task of deploying... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Bash M, May 18, 2022.

1. Bash M Win User

Setting up Bitlocker to trigger if not connected to network

Hello everyone,I'm a fairly new System Admin at my organization and fairly new to the role all together, and I have been given a task of deploying Bitlocker to all of our computers. They all run Windows 10 Pro 19043 so I don't think that should be a problem. I have been working on creating a group policy to apply Bitlocker to all of our computers and I was able to set them up to send their recovery codes and passwords to our AD DS when Bitlocker turns on. I know Bitlocker triggers when there's a hardware or a firmware change to the computer, but I also like to set it up that it triggers if the

:)

Bash M, May 18, 2022

2. How to set up wireless network connection?

Hello everyone...

I want to connect wireless network connection to my laptop. But I don't know why I am unable to do it.. I am getting some error. I think some configuration setting kind of error. Can you please provide me some steps so that I can get my work done.
    Thankx!!

ashleysimpson052, May 18, 2022
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    Set Broadband Internet Connection Network Configuration

Hi,

Upon analyzing the details you have provided, kindly run the
    Network and Internet Troubleshooter
    and check if there's any changes. To run the
    troubleshooter,
    follow these steps:

• On the search bar, type
      Troubleshooting.

• Choose
      Network and Internet.

• Run the following
      Troubleshooter:

• Internet Connections.

• Network Adapter.

• Incoming Connections.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you try to
    renew
    your
    IP address. To do this, follow these steps:

• Open
      Command Prompt
      as
      Administrator.

• Type the following command:

• Ipconfig/release
        and hit
        Enter.

• Ipconfig/renew
        and hit
        Enter.

• Exit.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, May 18, 2022
  4. Setting up Bitlocker to trigger if not connected to network

network connectivity

I highly suggest that you try these steps instead:

• Press theWindows
      key + X button on your keyboard.

• Go to
      Control Panel.

• Select
      Network and Sharing Center.

• Click on
      Internet options.

• Choose
      Connections
      tab.

• Click on
      LAN Settings.

• Uncheck
      Use a Proxy server for your LAN.

• Click
      Apply, then
      OK.

CourageDog, May 18, 2022
Thema:

Setting up Bitlocker to trigger if not connected to network

1. Setting up Bitlocker to trigger if not connected to network - Similar Threads - Setting Bitlocker trigger

2. Bitlocker Recovery triggered by Windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker Recovery triggered by Windows update: My HP Envy laptop did a windows update last night and today it is asking for the Bitlocker Recovery key.I have checked the recovery key stored on my microsoft account and it is not the right one. I don't understand how this can be as this is the only laptop/PC that I have...
  3. Bitlocker Recovery triggered by Windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bitlocker Recovery triggered by Windows update: My HP Envy laptop did a windows update last night and today it is asking for the Bitlocker Recovery key.I have checked the recovery key stored on my microsoft account and it is not the right one. I don't understand how this can be as this is the only laptop/PC that I have...
  4. Setting up Bitlocker to trigger if not connected to network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setting up Bitlocker to trigger if not connected to network: Hello everyone,I'm a fairly new System Admin at my organization and fairly new to the role all together, and I have been given a task of deploying Bitlocker to all of our computers. They all run Windows 10 Pro 19043 so I don't think that should be a problem. I have been...
  5. Setting up Bitlocker to trigger if not connected to network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Setting up Bitlocker to trigger if not connected to network: Hello everyone,I'm a fairly new System Admin at my organization and fairly new to the role all together, and I have been given a task of deploying Bitlocker to all of our computers. They all run Windows 10 Pro 19043 so I don't think that should be a problem. I have been...
  6. set up a network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    set up a network: Hi, Can somebody clarify my 2 doubts. 1. is it possible to configure 2 access points on my windows10 laptop? 2, while trying to set up a network through Network and Sharing Centre-->set up a new network-->choose wireless router or access point you want to configure...
  7. Network connection setting

Network connection setting: I got a new router today. When connecting to the network on my laptop, for some reason the laptop was treating the connection as a ethernet connection rather than as wifi. When I was looking into this, I used a troubleshooter to try to fix it and foolishly changed a setting...
  8. Network set up

Network set up: I am trying to connect a local network with two computers that run with two different OS. I am trying to access the one that runs on W10 with the one that runs on W7. I tried lifting the firewall to connect but it still doesn't connect to the network. Could anyone provide a...
  9. network set up

network set up: Hi, I have 2 desktop and 1 laptop on the same network using windows 10 on my home network. I have what i will call pc 1 that has a printer wired to it that is not wireless at all. I would like to have my other pc's be able to print from it but i am not sure how to set it up...
  10. Setting up a network

Setting up a network: Hi, I have 4 computers that I would like to be able to network, 3 are Windows 10 and the fourth is a Ubuntu box we use for backup. There is no problem networking to the Ubuntu box from any of the computers. The other 3 computers, listed in order of importance are mine (1),...