Windows 10: Setting up Child accounts on a Laptop

Discus and support Setting up Child accounts on a Laptop in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; How can I share Apps and software on my children's login on our family laptop?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by CharlesFoster5, Dec 20, 2019.

1. Setting up Child accounts on a Laptop

How can I share Apps and software on my children's login on our family laptop?

:)

CharlesFoster5, Dec 20, 2019
  2. Jan123 Win User

Child Account Get Greyed Out

Thanks for the suggestion, but I did the following instead.

I have another laptop, 2 weeks old, with Windows 10 Home on it.

On that one, I tried the same steps with the child account, and got the exact same results.

Jan123, Dec 20, 2019
  3. Child account

I did set up a Child account, I did fallow all the steps window ask, the account say that the child is in the family, when I tried to log, give me the message "The Profile Service service Failed The Sign-in. User Profile cannot be loaded".

Answering your questions:

• Did you make any changes to the child account prior to the issue? No, I did not make any changes.
    • Since when you are facing this issue? Right from the start. I never got to login.
    • Are you able to login with other child accounts on the computer? No
    I suggest you to restart the computer once and check if you are able to login to the computer. I did, the same problem, I do not have any problem with my account or my wife.

Thank you for your help.

David.

David EDongo Sr, Dec 20, 2019
  4. Setting up Child accounts on a Laptop

Not Tracking Web Browsing Activity on Child Account

Hello,

I had already read that article and tried all those steps mentioned before posting on this forum. Nothing worked. I am still not able to see the web activity on my child's account.

I have already verified that the Family Safety Service is connected to my PC and that my child has the PC listed as a device on their account. My child's account is listed as "child" on my PC account settings. When I sign into the child's account, I have
    verified that Family Safe Monitoring is running because the icon is in the task bar.

This response was not helpful, because as I stated in my original post, I had already read several articles on troubleshooting this issue and nothing worked.

Can you offer me other suggestions that are not mentioned in that Wiki Article?

CoriannFlores, Dec 20, 2019
Thema:

Setting up Child accounts on a Laptop

1. Setting up Child accounts on a Laptop - Similar Threads - Setting Child accounts

2. Setting up Family Saftey account on child's computer

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Setting up Family Saftey account on child's computer: My child is the administrator of their computer and Microsoft 365 account. I want to set up the Family Safety- so I can restrict content and set up time allowance each time.Does it matter that they are the administrator of their computer and 365 account. Should I set up the...
  3. Setting up Family Saftey account on child's computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setting up Family Saftey account on child's computer: My child is the administrator of their computer and Microsoft 365 account. I want to set up the Family Safety- so I can restrict content and set up time allowance each time.Does it matter that they are the administrator of their computer and 365 account. Should I set up the...
  4. Setting up Family Saftey account on child's computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Mom's account is set to child

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mom's account is set to child: Hey y'all. My mom's windows account is set to child. Her ex husband is set as the adult of the organization and set her to child because he apparently is a big one. How can she go about changing her account back? submitted by /u/TrebleBass0528 [link] [comments]...
  6. Set Time in Child Account

Set Time in Child Account: Hi all, I've set my son's account up so that he needs me to grant him screen time on the specific device every time he wants to go online - i.e. the Time Limit of his Screen Time settings is set to 'Blocked'. Most of the time this works fine for us but there are...
  7. How to set up a child account

How to set up a child account: I'm having trouble setting up a child account on a Windows 10 machine. I'm prompted to add a child, but the system won't accept the account because the email account isn't a Microsoft account, and I don't plan to give him a Microsoft account. So if I select instead the...
  8. Setting up a laptop for a child

Setting up a laptop for a child: Hi there, I have purchased a laptop for my son's birthday and am setting it up before giving it to him. I have got to the stage where I need to log in with Microsoft. Is it best to log in with my account details and then later create an account for him and add him to my...
  9. Can I set up an child account without an Microsoft account?

Can I set up an child account without an Microsoft account?: Hi, I do not have a Microsoft account but I'd like to set up an Windows account for my child (6 years old). I would like to basically restrict everything, and just let her play a couple of games. It is very important that she is not allowed to delete, change or...
  10. Setting up 'Childs' accounts without using emails?

Setting up 'Childs' accounts without using emails?: I am setting up a laptop with Windows 10 Pro for use by my 4 & 6-year-old niece and nephew. I will have a local admin account - it will not be associated with any kind of 'Microsoft' account/email. I want each of them to have their own logins. I have read GREAT things...