Windows 10: Setting up different monitor profiles between home and work

Discus and support Setting up different monitor profiles between home and work in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello. I'm trying to figure out a way to save a little time in the morning depending on where I am working. At home, I have an ultra wide monitor that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DenverDietz, May 18, 2021.

1. Setting up different monitor profiles between home and work

Hello. I'm trying to figure out a way to save a little time in the morning depending on where I am working. At home, I have an ultra wide monitor that I hook my work laptop to. Here, I would like to use my monitor as the primary and my laptop as the secondary screen. At work I have two 24" monitors where I would like to use just the monitors and disable the laptop screen I have some programs which for whatever reason will not function right running 3 displays. The laptop is managed so I can't install any software or alter the registry or anything. I was thinking I could use a batch file

:)

DenverDietz, May 18, 2021
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, May 18, 2021
  3. How to display different slideshow wallpapers (backgrounds) on each monitor

I followed those steps. When right-clicking on the image to select a monitor, I get:

• Set for all monitors
    • Set for monitor 4
    • Set for monitor 4
    • Set for monitor 4
    • Set for monitor 4

Setting up different monitor profiles between home and work 01d6e76f-69b5-4b69-af3d-0c264511199c?upload=true.jpg

jwildman16, May 18, 2021
  4. kormath Win User

Setting up different monitor profiles between home and work

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done Setting up different monitor profiles between home and work :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, May 18, 2021
Thema:

Setting up different monitor profiles between home and work

1. Setting up different monitor profiles between home and work - Similar Threads - Setting different monitor

2. Setting up multiple monitors on different graphics adapters

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Setting up multiple monitors on different graphics adapters: My Windows 10 PC has an Intel HD 4600 graphics co-processor with dual DisplayPort outputs, but DisplayPort #2 is not working. I believe it is a hardware problem. So I have added a NVIDIA GeForce 210 graphics card for the second display.Display Manager / Display Adapters shows...
  3. Is there a way to swap between different monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is there a way to swap between different monitors: I have currently got 2 monitors, and will shortly have 3. I have 1 set up as my normal monitor for general usage and gaming, and a second monitor separate on a racing simulator. Currently i have to unplug my display port cable from my pc from the monitor in use for windows...
  4. Different monitor backgrounds for dual monitor set up.

Different monitor backgrounds for dual monitor set up.: How do I set dual backgrounds on two different monitors? When I go to personalize and right click on the background picture option where it says "Choose your picture" to set to a specific monitor it gives me three options: Set for all monitors, Set for monitor 2, and Set for...
  5. Difference between settings & control panel?

in Windows 10 Support
    Difference between settings & control panel?: I'm new the the Windows 10 Forums, and actually very new to the Windows 10 operating system (coming from using Apple products). I find it a bit confusing that there seems to be sometimes two places for some settings, for instance I see two different areas for...
  6. Settings home screen looks different between computers.

Settings home screen looks different between computers.: My settings home screen looks different between my Surface Book and a Surface Go that I own. Both are on the same OS Build of Windows 10 Pro. The Book has no Account info or OneDrive and Widows Update icons at the top. The Surface Go does have that information. Aside from...
  7. Difference between deleting user profile by different ways

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Difference between deleting user profile by different ways: Profile of a user is corruped in a Domain PC. What is the difference if admin delete the user profile via advance system properties instead from registry editor. 142813
  8. difference between microsoft account and user profile

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    difference between microsoft account and user profile: Hello.I have windows 10 build 1703.I am confused about differences between microsoft account and user profile.When i am searching or i have a porblem , i don't know which term should I do for the search.So i have some questions: 1) are the same? 2) Can i permanently delete...
  9. difference between microsoft account and user profile

in Windows 10 Support
    difference between microsoft account and user profile: Hello.I have windows 10 build 1703.I am confused about differences between microsoft account and user profile.When i am searching or i have a porblem , i don't know which term should I do for the search.So i have some questions: 1) are the same? 2) Can i permanently delete...
  10. Beginner question: difference between Home and Home N

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Beginner question: difference between Home and Home N: Which version should I pick and why? Does N version cost more? I'm doing a completely fresh install and I'm going to buy the license after the installation. Also I don't think a need the Pro version. Home or Home N [img] 33242