Windows 10: Setting up Drop Down Menus with Color

Discus and support Setting up Drop Down Menus with Color in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; I have two Excel spreadsheets that I drew up to help people in the office track their days off and whether they use sick, annual, holiday or admin... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by PapaBear502, Feb 28, 2019.

1. Setting up Drop Down Menus with Color

I have two Excel spreadsheets that I drew up to help people in the office track their days off and whether they use sick, annual, holiday or admin leave, in addition to filling in the regular calendar. I created drop down menus to facilitate that.

In the first spreadsheet, called "Leave Projections 2019 - Tom," I was able to make the sick, annual, holiday and admin come through as different colors as well.

The second spreadsheet I've thrown together, however, has been kicking my butt. It's called "Leave Projections - 2019 - test," and it looks more like a traditional calendar, but every time I have tried doing the same thing as the other spreadsheet I can't get the same result. The sick, annual, holiday and admin won't come through as different colors. I've wasted countless hours to no avail.

I'm hoping someone here can look at the second spreadsheet and figure out why it won't let me do what I did with the first one, maybe work some magic to create drop down menus to create the same effect as the first one. I'm at my wits end and would appreciate any assistance you all can lend. Thank you.

:)

PapaBear502, Feb 28, 2019

2. How to change the color for the Cortana settings menu?

Hi Rohit,

As per your description, I understand that you would like to change the color of Cortana settings page.

I would like to inform you that it is not possible to change the color of Cortana settings page. However you may change the color of the Taskbar and the Start menu.

Step 1:
    Right-click on desktop and then click Personalize.

Step 2: In the left-pane, click
    Colors to see various settings on the right.

Step 3: On the right-side, turn on the option labelled
    Show color on Start, taskbar, and action center. Make sure that the first option labelled
    Automatically pick an accent color from my background is turned
    off

I also suggest you to post your valuable suggestions in Windows feedback app. So, that developers will try to implement it in future Windows 10 updates to enhance user experience.

Hope the information helps. Please do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Feb 28, 2019
  3. Argel Obm Win User
    Start Menu background color customize

Hi,

You can change the background color of the the Start menu on Settings. To do this, follow the steps below:

• Click the Windows logo (Start button).
    • Click the gear icon (Settings).
    • Choose Personalization.
    • Select Colors.
    • Under Show color on Start, taskbar, and action center, switch the slider to
      On.
    • After switching the slider to On, you can now pick what color you want or you can click the
      Automatically pick an accent color from my background checkbox to make Windows pick the color that complements the color of your desktop background.
    Kindly share with us the result after you perform the steps above.

Argel Obm, Feb 28, 2019
  4. Setting up Drop Down Menus with Color

Settings/Personalization

Hi,

We suggest that you follow the steps below to put your settings back to default and see if it helps.

• Right-click your mouse on your desktop.
    • Click on Personalize.
    • Select Colors.
    • Click on High contrast settings.
    • From the drop-down menu, select None.
    • Click Apply.
    • Reboot the PC for the changes to take effect.

Let us know the result.

Rafael Com, Feb 28, 2019
Thema:

Setting up Drop Down Menus with Color

1. Setting up Drop Down Menus with Color - Similar Threads - Setting Drop Down

2. Right click and drop down menus not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right click and drop down menus not working: Hi I need help.It all started with the fact that when i right click on a file not rename it, the whole file explorer will crash.Its now gotten worse, i can no longer click on anything from a drop down menu or right click menu. It pops up but nothing opens up when i click on a...
  3. Right click and drop down menus not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Right click and drop down menus not working: Hi I need help.It all started with the fact that when i right click on a file not rename it, the whole file explorer will crash.Its now gotten worse, i can no longer click on anything from a drop down menu or right click menu. It pops up but nothing opens up when i click on a...
  4. How to change the background color of drop down menus everywhere in the system?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to change the background color of drop down menus everywhere in the system?: So, about a year ago, i tried installing a skin on Win 10. I installed a bunch of files and software like rainmeter, tclock and etc. After i did that it messed up my colors on drop down menus. I somehow thought, if i uninstall everything, all will go back to normal. But that...
  5. Drop down menus

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Drop down menus: My dropdown menus have started opening up with a black background with red lettering. How can I change that back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drop-down-menus/dac605d0-faff-49f1-a627-7d3866cd754a
  6. Can’t type or access drop down menus

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can’t type or access drop down menus: Whenever I type, the text I typed was automatically deleted. I also couldn’t access any drop down menus including the search bar. I can’t shut the pc down because there is work that needs to be saved. On the application, I could just press ctrl + s but when i press ctrl it...
  7. Drop-down menus in display settings flickering

in Windows 10 Customization
    Drop-down menus in display settings flickering: The drop-down menus in the display settings are flickering, making it difficult to adjust resolutions or adjust external monitors sometimes. This is happening on 3 different Lenovo ThinkPad P52 laptops running Windows 10 Enterprise Ver. 1903. I have run all Windows and Lenovo...
  8. Drop down menus of screen settings flicker and not able to change options

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Drop down menus of screen settings flicker and not able to change options: Hi, I have a problem where the drop down menu of screen settings keep flickering. I go to settings-> Display , the orientation drop down menu keeps flickering. It doesn't let me change it from default "landscape". Then I go to "advanced display setting" and the...
  9. Drop Down Menus disappear

Drop Down Menus disappear: When I select an icon, the drop-down menu appears when I mouse over to select from the DDM, the DDM disappears. Examples: Outlook: I click on the send to the button, I mouse down on the list (DDM) and the list of names disappears. OneDrive: Click on the OneDrive syncing...
  10. Printer missing from drop-down menus

Printer missing from drop-down menus: I have an HP Compaq 6200 SFF running 64-bit Windows 10 Pro that won't print to either of two HP printers I have tried. I have tried an HP OfficeJet 3830 and an HP OfficeJet 4650 and get identical results with both. I can, though, print to a Canon MP470 (so maybe the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. menu drop down color in windows10