Windows 10: Setting up dual monitors on brand new computer

Discus and support Setting up dual monitors on brand new computer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I recently upgraded my desktop computer and am having trouble setting up dual monitors. Both of the monitors are Dell models but one is new (uses... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by nodnarblac, Nov 18, 2019.

1. Setting up dual monitors on brand new computer

I recently upgraded my desktop computer and am having trouble setting up dual monitors.

Both of the monitors are Dell models but one is new (uses HDMI) and the other is a few years old (uses VGA). I am using a display port adapter that both monitors are plugged into but only the HDMI monitor is being recognized.

CPU: Intel Core i5-9500T

Display driver: Intel UHD Graphics 360

Any thoughts would be appreciated, thanks.

:)

nodnarblac, Nov 18, 2019

2. Dual monitor set up issue with window 10

Hi Liem,

Based on the description that you provided, there are settings that we need to configure to resolve this concern. However, we need to do some troubleshooting steps to isolate the cause of this issue. Before we proceed, may we know the following:

• What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Are you getting any error messages when trying to set up dual monitor on the computer? If so, can you send us a screenshot?
      Note: Please do not include any personal information.

Desiree Yau, Nov 18, 2019
  3. set up dual monitors

unable to set up dual monitors in Windows 10. Using GEForce 7050GT 512MB PCIE in Windows 7 duals worked Fine .After upgrade doesn't work. Any suggestions

JohnMeyer2, Nov 18, 2019
  4. Setting up dual monitors on brand new computer

Trouble with 2 monitors

Hi Tim,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to change the settings to Extended Monitor and check if it helps.

Please follow below steps:

• Right Click any ware of the Desktop, and launch Personalization.
    • Go to dual monitor settings under personalization, and change it Extended Monitor.
    Please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Nov 18, 2019
Thema:

Setting up dual monitors on brand new computer

1. Setting up dual monitors on brand new computer - Similar Threads - Setting dual monitors

2. Dual Monitors Set up

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Dual Monitors Set up: Hi All, HI hope someone could help me with this and explain to me what to do in the easy way. I have HP computer with windows 10 Version 1909( 18363.1440) . I used 2 monitors one Dell ( plugged via HDMI) and one Samsung (connected via VDI) and this set up worked for me just...
  3. dual monitor set up troubles

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    dual monitor set up troubles: im setting up a dual monitor that connects to my gaming laptop which only has 1 HDMI port. i bought an adaptor for the second HDMI port, and when i connect either display separately they work properly. however when i plug both of them in at the same time itll work for just a...
  4. Different monitor backgrounds for dual monitor set up.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Different monitor backgrounds for dual monitor set up.: How do I set dual backgrounds on two different monitors? When I go to personalize and right click on the background picture option where it says "Choose your picture" to set to a specific monitor it gives me three options: Set for all monitors, Set for monitor 2, and Set for...
  5. Dual Monitor Display Setting Messed Up

Dual Monitor Display Setting Messed Up: I just got a new monitor to go with my laptop and I plugged it in. However, when I go to the display settings it says that the new monitor is smaller than my laptop's desktop screen. Is there a way to change the settings so that the larger monitor is displayed as so in the...
  6. dual monitor set up need help

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    dual monitor set up need help: How to drag and drop between laptop and another monitor https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dual-monitor-set-up-need-help/310b8514-da68-4821-81a5-249d27843d62
  7. dual monitor settings

dual monitor settings: ok...my larger monitor which is also my tv is to my left the smaller one to the right...thus the large one is set at 1 and the smaller at 2...without changing that...is it possible to set things up to play my games on the 2nd smaller monitor..I prefer my mouse changing...
  8. Dual monitor set up

Dual monitor set up: I have my second monitor connected to my lap top. it's dell latitude e6400 and I was running it in windows 7 and everything was fine but I had to upgrade to win 10 cause of my work and now suddenly win 10 can't detect my second monitor. it's connected via VGA cable. I've...
  9. Dual monitor set up

Dual monitor set up: I have two monitors set up and I was messing with the display and then I ended up pressing the make this my main display button. It changed some settings but I figured it was fine. Then when I tried to use fullscreen on any app on one display and went to the other to do...
  10. Brand new computer Brand New Updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Brand new computer Brand New Updates: computer was bought friday by my wife it worked AWESOME!!! did some form of update sunday night while we were sleeping computer has not worked right since it randomly crashes with a new reason each time and this happened after a microsoft update and even the store the...