Windows 10: setting up ethernet connection on Vista

Discus and support setting up ethernet connection on Vista in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I have installed Windows 10 and Window Vista on my Laptop, a Dell Latitude E5410. Windows 10 installed the ethernet connection automatically, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Shinnen, Feb 26, 2021.

1. Shinnen Win User

setting up ethernet connection on Vista

Hi,
    I have installed Windows 10 and Window Vista on my Laptop, a Dell Latitude E5410. Windows 10 installed the ethernet connection automatically, but Windows Vista did not; saying that the hardware is not installed; and indeed the Device Manager shows that the ethernet controller, the Network controller, and 4 other devices have not been installed.
    I'm wondering it there's a way of pointing Windows Vista to the Windows 10 installation for the driver I need.
    Any help is...

Read more

Shinnen, Feb 26, 2021
  2. EdTittel Win User

Setting a metered connection for Ethernet?

Please permit me to respectfully disagree, battlezone. Not only is it possible to do this, TenForums offers a tutorial that explains exactly how, step-by-step: Set Ethernet Connection as Metered or Unmetered in Windows 10. Do please check it out, won't you?
    Thanks,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Feb 26, 2021
  3. Cell and Ethernet connection

Hi Darren,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Since when are you facing this issue?
    2. Have you recently made any changes on the device prior to this issue?
    3. What is the make and model number of the computer?

You may try the below suggested steps to fix the issue.

1. Click on Start, Type in Control Panel and look for Network & Sharing Center.
    2. Click on ‘Change adapter settings’ on the left pane.
    3. You will be able to see the list of networks available.
    4. Click on Advanced menu and select ‘Advanced Settings’.
    5. You will be able to see the different types of connections under advanced settings Window.
    6. Select Ethernet and use the arrows at the right side in the current Window in order to reorder the connections.
    7. Click on OK and check the status of the issue.

Hope it helps.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Feb 26, 2021
  4. rez001 Win User

IP configuration not valid - interference from ethernet adapter?

Solution 1: No Internet Access In Windows 8.1or Windows 10

Step 1:

Go to Device Manager → Network adapters.
    Step 2:

Expand it (Network adapters).

Step 3:

Select your network adapter

Step 4:

Right click on your wireless network adapter or Ethernet adapter and then tap “Update Driver Software”.
    (in this case your network adopter is Ethernet adopter so tap your Ethernet adapter)
    Step 5:

Now on a new window you will need to click on “Browse my computer for driver software”.

setting up ethernet connection on Vista [​IMG]

Step 6:

Then select “Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer”.

Step 7:

Now choose the “Manufacturer’s drivers” from the list of two and then click next.

Step 8:

After the completion of the process just restart your PC and check if the problem is solved or not. If not, goto solution 2.

Solution 2: No Internet Access In Windows 8.1,windows10

Step 1:

Open command prompt.
    Step 2:

Just go on hitting the enter after typing the each command.
    netsh int tcp set heuristics disabled
    netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disable
    netsh int tcp set global rss=enabled
    Step 3:

Now to check if the settings are disabled type:
    netsh int tcp show global
    then hit enter.
    Step 4:

Now the thing left is just rebooting your system and just check if the problem is solved or not and just give feedback.*chuckle*Thumbs

rez001, Feb 26, 2021
Thema:

1. setting up ethernet connection on Vista - Similar Threads - setting ethernet connection

2. Window vista up date

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window vista up date: So I got this window visa laptop and wondering if there is a way to update it wiper connecting it to the internet https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-vista-up-date/f9eaf349-4fdd-4621-9f97-7fc7bd1af4e6
  3. Unable to change a dial up connection to Ethernet connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to change a dial up connection to Ethernet connection: How to change a dial up connection to a Ethernet connection. I am not using any router, but the cable provided by the ISP directly to my laptop port. I already have dial up and Ethernet connection both installed and tried in several ways to do it by googling but every time I...
  4. ethernet connection not showing up in windows explorer

ethernet connection not showing up in windows explorer: I have five pc on my home network. Four of them show up under network in file explorer, but I cannot get the fifth to show up no matter what I do. I need to be able to move files to and from this pc via the network. Anyone have any suggestions?...
  5. Security or firewall settings might be blocking the connection (Ethernet connection)

Security or firewall settings might be blocking the connection (Ethernet connection): Hi. I have looked every where for a solution to this problem and I haven't been able to find an answer that has worked. I don't have this issue when I use my laptop via WiFi, but my desktop computer doesn't have WiFi and the problem is with the Ethernet connection only. I...
  6. Dial Up and Ethernet connection simultaneously

Dial Up and Ethernet connection simultaneously: Hello All, I have a PC with Windows 10 installed. The PC is connected to the LAN and has access to the internet. I have connected as well the ISDN Terminal Adapter to this PC, which I am using for the Dial UP connections. I know this is old technology but I need Dial UP for...
  7. Setting up a network between an Ethernet connected computer and a wireless connected computer

Setting up a network between an Ethernet connected computer and a wireless connected computer: I am working in Windows 10 Professional (both computers) version 1803. I recently had to replace my router. My principal computer is the desktop which is connected via Ethernet. When I connected it, Windows set up a network which it called Network 2. When my wireless...
  8. Set up Vista on Hyper-V under Windows 10, cannot connect to internet

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Set up Vista on Hyper-V under Windows 10, cannot connect to internet: Dell XPS 8500 host running Windows 10 Pro x64 build 14393, Vista Ultimate SP1 x64 Gen 1 guest. I installed Vista in a Gen 1 VM but it cannot find a network adapter. I have tried both of my connectors (Ethernet external and WiFi external) but no effect. I have deleted the...
  9. Setting ethernet as a metered connection no longer working

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Setting ethernet as a metered connection no longer working: I recently upgraded from v1511 to 1607. It went well. Disappointed to find that many of my personal settings and preferences were reset to defaults. Still working through that nuisance. On 1511 I had set my ethernet connection to be metered as instructed here:...
  10. Setting a metered connection for Ethernet?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Setting a metered connection for Ethernet?: I would like to set a metered connection for Ethernet so that I don't have to sufffer the inopportune auto-updates and can instead update Windows when it's convenient for me. Alas, in Network & Internet > Ethernet, "Set metered connection" is greyed out. How do I enable this...