Windows 10: setting up family safety on same device

Discus and support setting up family safety on same device in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi, we purchased a Dell computer for Christmas and it is used as the family computer. I am using it now. I want to set up accounts for my kids to use... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by ECP823, Apr 15, 2022.

1. ECP823 Win User

setting up family safety on same device

Hi, we purchased a Dell computer for Christmas and it is used as the family computer. I am using it now. I want to set up accounts for my kids to use this computer instead of using my sign in. I also want to be able to limit their screen time on this device. I have set up an Outlook account for them, but I cannot figure out how to connect this device to family safety. I have watched the videos but it keeps saying we need to connect a device. How do I connect this device I am currently using to family safety but as a child's account? Thank you. Please see below.

:)

ECP823, Apr 15, 2022

2. Family Safety - add device to child profile

Since this is the case and you have ensured the settings are correctly setup in family Safety, we suggest that you sign in using your main account and remove you child's account from Family Safety list. (Refer to the image below for reference.)

setting up family safety on same device 7618e897-2574-4517-80ca-0ef18325dda6.png

After completing the steps, attempt to use the email address of your child to login to the computer and see if the same error message still shows up. If the error no longer shows up, we suggest that you attempt to add the account back then to Family safety.

Regards.

Jordan Dom, Apr 15, 2022
  3. Setting up Family safety settings in Windows

Hello Ajay,

I realize that you are trying to setup the Microsoft Family Safety settings.

• Which version of operating system are you using to setup the Family Safety?
    If you are using the Windows 10 then I suggest you to refer the below information and check if it helps.

It’s easy to share your Windows 10 PC with family members. Add family members using "Add a family member" from your PC's Settings, and they’ll be able to use that PC as well. And you're always in control. You can allow or block them from using
    a PC at any time.

Add kids to your family to help them stay safer online. Adults in the family can view reports of kids’ online activity, limit how long and when they use their devices, and help make sure they don't see inappropriate websites, apps, or games.

I suggest you to create a family safety account in Windows 10
    and check if it helps.

Refer: Set up family features in Windows 10

Hope this information helps. Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Apr 15, 2022
  4. setting up family safety on same device

How to turn off Family safety settings

Hello Michael,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are trying to remove the family safety settings. We will help you.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps you regarding the
    family safety settings.

Turn off family settings in Windows 10

• To turn off family settings for a child in your family, sign in at account.microsoft.com/family. Then choose one of these
      options:
      • Remove them from family settings by choosing Remove, then selecting their account, then selecting
        Remove again. They’ll still be able to sign in to their PCs, but this will remove any family limits that you set.
      • Or select them from the main family page, which will bring you to their Recent activity. If
        Activity reporting is turned On, turn it
        Off.
        Then repeat for the other settings pages (Web browsing, Apps, games & media, Screen time, Purchase & spending), making sure that those switches are turned
        Off.

Hope it helps. Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Apr 15, 2022
Thema:

setting up family safety on same device

1. setting up family safety on same device - Similar Threads - setting family safety

2. Family Safety device not visible

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family Safety device not visible: HI all!I recently setup a Family Safety account and added my sons account to the family group.On his Windows PC I converted my local account to use Microsoft account which manages the family, logged in to that account and his child account was visible.I allowed the account...
  3. Family Safety device not visible

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Family Safety device not visible: HI all!I recently setup a Family Safety account and added my sons account to the family group.On his Windows PC I converted my local account to use Microsoft account which manages the family, logged in to that account and his child account was visible.I allowed the account...
  4. Connect Device to Family Safety

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Connect Device to Family Safety: A child account is connected to the Microsoft Account. And yet, it can't be connected to the Family Safety Account at all. So, the Parental Control settings can't be implemented....
  5. setting up family safety on same device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    setting up family safety on same device: Hi, we purchased a Dell computer for Christmas and it is used as the family computer. I am using it now. I want to set up accounts for my kids to use this computer instead of using my sign in. I also want to be able to limit their screen time on this device. I have set up an...
  6. setting up family safety on same device

setting up family safety on same device: Hi, we purchased a Dell computer for Christmas and it is used as the family computer. I am using it now. I want to set up accounts for my kids to use this computer instead of using my sign in. I also want to be able to limit their screen time on this device. I have set up an...
  7. Connect Device in Family Safety

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Connect Device in Family Safety: I have created all user profiles, logged in with the respective Microsoft and local accounts for each child's account. But when I log into my family safety app it does not register that the devices are connected to the individual profiles so I cannot program any of the...
  8. Duplicate devices in "Family Safety"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Duplicate devices in "Family Safety": Installed a new SSD on my sons PC. First I updated the old SSD with win 10, to win 11, then I did a reset of that win 11 update, in hope to be able to make an image to clone to the new SSD. That failed so I had to do a new fresh install of win 11 to the new SSD Win 11 ISO...
  9. Duplicate devices in "Family Safety"

Duplicate devices in "Family Safety": Installed a new SSD on my sons PC. First I updated the old SSD with win 10, to win 11, then I did a reset of that win 11 update, in hope to be able to make an image to clone to the new SSD. That failed so I had to do a new fresh install of win 11 to the new SSD Win 11 ISO...
  10. Family safety setting

in Windows 10 Customization
    Family safety setting: I started to use edge few days ago,i found out some website got blocked and ask me to send a request to family member to use the website,But the problem is i don't even have a family group,so i can't send request to anyone,please someone help me,it drive me crazy....