Windows 10: Setting up Family Saftey account on child's computer

Discus and support Setting up Family Saftey account on child's computer in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My child is the administrator of their computer and Microsoft 365 account. I want to set up the Family Safety- so I can restrict content and set up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by camt22, Sep 11, 2022.

1. camt22 Win User

Setting up Family Saftey account on child's computer

My child is the administrator of their computer and Microsoft 365 account. I want to set up the Family Safety- so I can restrict content and set up time allowance each time.Does it matter that they are the administrator of their computer and 365 account. Should I set up the 365 on my hotmail account and then link them as a child?Unsure how best to approach so they can't just delete me as the administrator. Thank you for any help you can provide

:)

camt22, Sep 11, 2022

2. Family saftey account, not able to view the child account active reports

Hi Rich,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are unable to check the recent activity on the Family safety setting of your child account. We will help you.

• Were you able to check previously the recent activities?
    This issue might cause if some account files may have corrupted.

Add kids to your family to help them stay safer online. Adults in the family can view reports of kids’ online activity, limit how long and when they use their devices, and help make sure they don't see inappropriate websites, apps, or games.

I suggest you to create a family safety account from the scratch and check
    if it helps.

Refer: Set up family features in Windows 10

Hope this information helps. Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Sep 11, 2022
  3. How to delete an adult account in the Family Settings.

Hi,

To resolve your issue, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• As an adult in the family account, sign in with your Microsoft account.
    • Under Your family, click
      Remove
    • Click the child account you want to remove, and click Remove.
    • You will get an email confirmation once the child has been removed from the family.
    Note: If you removed a Child account, it will be tagged as an "Orphaned account" and you will need to attach another "Parent account".

Regards.

Melowin Mar, Sep 11, 2022
  4. Setting up Family Saftey account on child's computer

Child account

I did set up a Child account, I did fallow all the steps window ask, the account say that the child is in the family, when I tried to log, give me the message "The Profile Service service Failed The Sign-in. User Profile cannot be loaded".

Answering your questions:

• Did you make any changes to the child account prior to the issue? No, I did not make any changes.
    • Since when you are facing this issue? Right from the start. I never got to login.
    • Are you able to login with other child accounts on the computer? No
    I suggest you to restart the computer once and check if you are able to login to the computer. I did, the same problem, I do not have any problem with my account or my wife.

Thank you for your help.

David.

David EDongo Sr, Sep 11, 2022
Thema:

Setting up Family Saftey account on child's computer

1. Setting up Family Saftey account on child's computer - Similar Threads - Setting Family Saftey

2. Family saftey not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Family saftey not working: I need to remove family safety because it is not allowing me to access important websites for my tests. it says ask for permission to access but when it goes to the parent's side to let them access it, it doesn't work. I need to remove the family safety for this reason....
  3. family saftey plan

family saftey plan: I never signed up for the family safety plan and I don’t see where my son is in my family plan but yet he can’t use google chrome on his computer because he needs permission how do you fix this issue...
  4. Setting up Family Saftey account on child's computer

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Setting up Family Saftey account on child's computer: My child is the administrator of their computer and Microsoft 365 account. I want to set up the Family Safety- so I can restrict content and set up time allowance each time.Does it matter that they are the administrator of their computer and 365 account. Should I set up the...
  5. Setting up Family Saftey account on child's computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setting up Family Saftey account on child's computer: My child is the administrator of their computer and Microsoft 365 account. I want to set up the Family Safety- so I can restrict content and set up time allowance each time.Does it matter that they are the administrator of their computer and 365 account. Should I set up the...
  6. family saftey

family saftey: my child is able to leave the family group by adjusting his age above 18 in his microsoft account, so as to get leave family group option. what should i do to prevent this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/family-saftey/5e76e33f-7a7d-4681-8e93-ad881bba9456
  7. family saftey

in Windows 10 Gaming
    family saftey: my child is able to leave the family group by adjusting his age above 18 in his microsoft account, so as to get leave family group option. what should i do to prevent this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/family-saftey/5e76e33f-7a7d-4681-8e93-ad881bba9456
  8. family saftey

9. Child can access apps that I've blocked in Family Saftey

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Child can access apps that I've blocked in Family Saftey: I've blocked the "Family Safety" app on my teenager's phone to prevent him from opening the app and turning off the "activity reporting" feature.This worked at the time. Then he went out of state and came back and I tested it when he got back. The only app I have blocked, he...
  10. family saftey

family saftey: so my kid has only had her windows laptop two day and this family saftey has blocked every web site every game that she is unable to use her laptop i called there help line and there answer was here a search list for you to look up the problem that you have been looking up...