Windows 10: Setting up fingerprint sign-in

Discus and support Setting up fingerprint sign-in in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; When trying to set up fingerprint sign-in under system settings (using a Lenovo Yoga X1), I try to press 'Set up' under 'Fingerprint' but the box is... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Abhilash Mathews, Sep 29, 2018.

1. Setting up fingerprint sign-in

When trying to set up fingerprint sign-in under system settings (using a Lenovo Yoga X1), I try to press 'Set up' under 'Fingerprint' but the box is not clickable. At the top of the 'Sign-in options' window, it states "*Some settings are hidden or managed by your organization." Is there any way for me to get past this and add fingerprint authorization for my account on this laptop?

:)

Abhilash Mathews, Sep 29, 2018

2. fingerprint sign in isnt working or letting me set up

Hello Samantha,

Driver incompatibility is one of the possible reasons why fingerprint sign-in isn't working on your computer. For us to further isolate and assist you better with this, kindly follow the steps below:

Step 1: Roll back drivers / use default drivers

• Open Device Manager by right-clicking the Start button and choosing Device Manager from the list.
    • Locate your fingerprint driver and double click it to open its properties.
    • Click the Roll Back Driver button.
    This will install the previously installed driver instead of the one you’re currently using.

To go back to the default drivers do the following:

• Open Device Manager.
    • Find your fingerprint scanner driver.
    • Right-click it and choose Uninstall device.
    • Check Delete the driver software for this device and click
      Uninstall

Step 2: Update your drivers

It's often better to use the latest driver optimized for Windows 10, so make sure that you visit your fingerprint scanner manufacturer and check for latest Windows 10 drivers.

We also suggest visiting the article below to know more details about it.

Update drivers in Windows 10

Feel free to update us with the results.

Michelle Vil, Sep 29, 2018
  3. Wullail Win User
    Enable Fingerprint Sign In Without PIN Sign In (Windows Hello)

I don't think you can , the PIN is a backup in-case the fingerprint fails.

Wullail, Sep 29, 2018
  4. luerg Win User

Setting up fingerprint sign-in

fingerprint sign in

A few days ago I set up windows hello on my device and it was working. I was signing in with a fingerprint and all that. But it's not giving me an option to sign in with a fingerprint anymore so I went to account settings and signing in options and it
    said that windows hello is not compatible with my device. I find that very interesting since literally yesterday I was able to sign in with a fingerprint (meaning that my device was compatible but it suddenly isn't anymore).

luerg, Sep 29, 2018
Thema:

Setting up fingerprint sign-in

1. Setting up fingerprint sign-in - Similar Threads - Setting fingerprint sign

2. Fingerprinter doesn't set up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fingerprinter doesn't set up: I cannot set the fingerprint recognition for login.this is aa new laptop. I reupdated the Goodix driver from the manufacturer MSI web site.When I click on the "Get started" button, and then touch the fingerprint sensor, an error occurs:Sorry, something went wrong.Close...
  3. Fingerprinter doesn't set up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fingerprinter doesn't set up: I cannot set the fingerprint recognition for login.this is aa new laptop. I reupdated the Goodix driver from the manufacturer MSI web site.When I click on the "Get started" button, and then touch the fingerprint sensor, an error occurs:Sorry, something went wrong.Close...
  4. windows will not let me set up fingerprint sign-in?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows will not let me set up fingerprint sign-in?: Periodically Windows 11 refuses to let me use fingerprint sign-in. Why? how do I restore? I seem to have two Mircosoft accounts. A personal one and one associated with a university to which I no longer attend but can't seem to remove from my PC. I think this is related to the...
  5. windows will not let me set up fingerprint sign-in?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows will not let me set up fingerprint sign-in?: Periodically Windows 11 refuses to let me use fingerprint sign-in. Why? how do I restore? I seem to have two Mircosoft accounts. A personal one and one associated with a university to which I no longer attend but can't seem to remove from my PC. I think this is related to the...
  6. Fingerprint set up problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fingerprint set up problem: Win 10 Pro Dell Vostro 3478 8th Gen Core i5 14" model have finger option but cant setup. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fingerprint-set-up-problem/9a3d7eac-f47e-4f10-9e3e-0e87f247750e
  7. fingerprint set up

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    fingerprint set up: I want to set up my fingerprint PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fingerprint-set-up/8ddd26b0-a0c3-4ddb-9602-3a2329dd7e63
  8. Fingerprint set up

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Fingerprint set up: Cannot find fingerprint set up in sign in option https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fingerprint-set-up/9493b37d-a99a-4449-824d-f97538b4579c
  9. fingerprint set up

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    fingerprint set up: in my laptop asus x507ma fingerprint sign in option not displaying how it set up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fingerprint-set-up/01953d27-1c1f-4bf0-872b-744426d91dab"
  10. Cannot set up Fingerprint using Sign-in options

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot set up Fingerprint using Sign-in options: Hi, I use to log into my windows 10 using finger print reader. However just recently i foolishly decided to add another finger print. When I did it, it asked my for my PIN, but I had forgotten it so I deleted it and then when I press "Add" under PIN my computer does...