Windows 10: Setting up FTP site with Windows Server 2016 IIS

Discus and support Setting up FTP site with Windows Server 2016 IIS in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi everyone,I'm super new to Windows Server 2016 so please bare with me.I currently have my FTP site set up using this instruction... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by sporkmsp, Dec 6, 2021.

1. sporkmsp Win User

Setting up FTP site with Windows Server 2016 IIS

Hi everyone,I'm super new to Windows Server 2016 so please bare with me.I currently have my FTP site set up using this instruction below.https://neoserver.site/help/setting-ftp-server-windows-server-2016I've found that our physical firewall was blocking port 20 and 21 so went ahead and opened them up.However, when I try to open it from a client computer, it gives me an error message after I try logging in.I currently forward my port from firewall to ftp server as well.And I'm pretty sure I have the permission set correctly as wellAny suggestions?Thanks.

:)

sporkmsp, Dec 6, 2021

2. FTP Access IIS

Hi

I set up an FTP site using IIS to share files within my LAN. I have created a new user on the same PC as FTP site but when i try to access FTP folder from any device on the LAN using username and password of
    my new user it refuses to let me in showing the following: Could not log in to the FTP server with the username and password specified.

Steps that I have gone through when setting up FTP:

• Created ftp folder and set up FTP server
    • specified path to the folder
    • did not use SSL
    • specified IP
    • Created new windows user and added this user to FTP authorisation Rules
    • Excluded FTP from firewall
    • Allowed new user access to the folder itself
    Tried to access using both file directory and internet explorer

Did not enable port triggering in the router as was only planning to use FTP locally

I would highly appreciate your help

MarcRaetchii, Dec 6, 2021
  3. FTP Permission

Windows 10

Server 2016 using IIS FTP

The users have Read Write

I found a software that maps drive for FTP but it time limited for free and expensive but once the drive is mapped it works. Im thinking that is the solution

EvanMeyerberg, Dec 6, 2021
  4. Setting up FTP site with Windows Server 2016 IIS

Windows Server 2016 FTP Problem

I'm running a small server in windows server 2016, I have an FTP server and a website, everything was working for about two weeks when yesterday I installed a new ethrnet driver and now nothing is accesibble from my ftp client. It just says "This site
    cannot be reached" in chrome, same with my website, but everything worked a couple days ago perfectly. I don't know what happened and how to fix it. please help.

KeonNikpour, Dec 6, 2021
Thema:

Setting up FTP site with Windows Server 2016 IIS

1. Setting up FTP site with Windows Server 2016 IIS - Similar Threads - Setting FTP site

2. AD integration is not working in windows server 2016 IIS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AD integration is not working in windows server 2016 IIS: Hi, we have Asp.Net with MVC, C#, SQL database web app, which was hosted in IIS windows server 2016. It was working fine with forms authentication initially. Recently, we have implemented AD integration, but when the user login into app with AD credentails, Application End...
  3. AD integration is not working in windows server 2016 IIS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    AD integration is not working in windows server 2016 IIS: Hi, we have Asp.Net with MVC, C#, SQL database web app, which was hosted in IIS windows server 2016. It was working fine with forms authentication initially. Recently, we have implemented AD integration, but when the user login into app with AD credentails, Application End...
  4. unable to add IIS roles on Windows server 2016

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to add IIS roles on Windows server 2016: the request to add or remove features on the specified server failed.installation of one or more roles ,role services or features failed.the parameter is incorrect .error:0x80070057...
  5. unable to add IIS roles on Windows server 2016

unable to add IIS roles on Windows server 2016: the request to add or remove features on the specified server failed.installation of one or more roles ,role services or features failed.the parameter is incorrect .error:0x80070057...
  6. unable to add IIS roles on Windows server 2016

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Setting up FTP site with Windows Server 2016 IIS

Setting up FTP site with Windows Server 2016 IIS: Hi everyone,I'm super new to Windows Server 2016 so please bare with me.I currently have my FTP site set up using this instruction below.https://neoserver.site/help/setting-ftp-server-windows-server-2016I've found that our physical firewall was blocking port 20 and 21 so went...
  8. FTP Access IIS

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    FTP Access IIS: Hi I set up an FTP site using IIS to share files within my LAN. I have created a new user on the same PC as FTP site but when i try to access FTP folder from any device on the LAN using username and password of my new user it refuses to let me in showing the following: Could...
  9. How to port forward FTP Server creted by IIS in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to port forward FTP Server creted by IIS in Windows 10: Please help me I'm desperate...I can't seem to find the answer to this. I have set up an FTP Server using IIS on Win10. 1. Permissions, firewall works fine on lan, but outside I can't seem to access it. 2. I have port forwarded the server and also the passive data port...
  10. How to set up an FTP Server on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to set up an FTP Server on Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]An FTP or File Transfer Protocol Server is a public or private server which can host files that can be accessed locally as well as globally. It is seamless, flexible and fast which means that you can store any kind of [...] This post How to set up an FTP...