Windows 10: Setting up hotspot on my laptop

Discus and support Setting up hotspot on my laptop in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; today I tried to set up my Windows 11 laptop as a mobile hotspot for my phone, but it can't be set up properly because it said that my laptop doesn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MintMelon2, Jan 24, 2023.

1. Setting up hotspot on my laptop

today I tried to set up my Windows 11 laptop as a mobile hotspot for my phone, but it can't be set up properly because it said that my laptop doesn't have an Ethernet connection. I already connected my laptop with an ethernet cable to a WAN Miniport PPPOE using broadband dial-up connection and have internet access. The problem is, that connection is not considered ethernet, the logo on the Network Connection setting is also different, it has a small device instead of an ethernet cable for the logo. How do I change that connection to an ethernet connection? Or do I need some kind of adapter t

:)

MintMelon2, Jan 24, 2023

2. laptop wifi is not connecting to mobile hotspot

Hi,

I am not able to connect my laptop with mobile hotspot.

kindly suggest the steps to solve the issue.

RAHULSHARMA6989, Jan 24, 2023
  3. mobile hotspot settings on my laptop

Hi,

It looks like the Mobile Hotspot feature of your Windows 10 PC has been enabled. To turn this feature off, follow the steps below:

• Right-click the Windows key and click Settings.
    • Select Network & Internet.
    • Click Mobile Hotspot, then toggle it OFF.

Feel free to update us should you need further assistance.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jan 24, 2023
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Setting up hotspot on my laptop

Mobile hotspot in windows 10 laptop

Hi,

You may change the password of your mobile hotspot so that the person you don't allowed to use it can't connect to it. To assist you better, we'd like to know if you've tried changing the password. Which build and version of Windows 10 are you using?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow these steps below on how you can change the password of the Mobile hotspot.:

• Open Settings then select Network & Internet.
    • Choose Mobile hotspot.
    • Under Mobile hotspot section, you can see the current name of the Wi-Fi hotspot and password. To change mobile hotspot name or password or both, click the
      Edit button.
    • Enter a new password for the network. Click Save button. Note that the password must be of at least 8 characters.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Jan 24, 2023
Thema:

Setting up hotspot on my laptop

1. Setting up hotspot on my laptop - Similar Threads - Setting hotspot laptop

2. Can't set up mobile hotspot.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't set up mobile hotspot.: LAN Internet connection perfectly running but mobile hotspot cant switch on.... when try to switch on 'share connection with other devices tab' show cant set up mobile hotspot. pliz advise....
  3. Setting up hotspot on my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setting up hotspot on my laptop: today I tried to set up my Windows 11 laptop as a mobile hotspot for my phone, but it can't be set up properly because it said that my laptop doesn't have an Ethernet connection. I already connected my laptop with an ethernet cable to a WAN Miniport PPPOE using broadband...
  4. Inabilty to set up mobile hotspot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Inabilty to set up mobile hotspot: please my system keeps showing we can't set up mobile hotspot anytime i use ethernet cable, how do i resolve this issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/inabilty-to-set-up-mobile-hotspot/ebf77a8f-4b79-413c-9704-303d27921edc
  5. Problem with setting up hotspot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with setting up hotspot: Previously before posting this I could set up my mobile hotspot on my Windows 10 laptop just fine and it would work - meaning I could simultaneously use the internet on my laptop as well as my connected devices phone, tablet etc on the hotspot. I could even share a VPN...
  6. Problem with setting up hotspot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with setting up hotspot: Previously before posting this I could set up my mobile hotspot on my Windows 10 laptop just fine and it would work - meaning I could simultaneously use the internet on my laptop as well as my connected devices phone, tablet etc on the hotspot. I could even share a VPN...
  7. Problem with setting up hotspot

8. setting up a mobile hotspot on windows 10 laptop

setting up a mobile hotspot on windows 10 laptop: I start a mobile hotspot on windows 10 laptop I am able to connect mobile phone to hotspot but mobile shows "Connected, no internet" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/setting-up-a-mobile-hotspot-on-windows-10-laptop/c75bff55-cc9a-40eb-b766-1b18c25e77c8
  9. Can't Set Up Mobile Hotspot

Can't Set Up Mobile Hotspot: I have Windows 10. And I have a good network connection with good internet. But my laptop does not set up mobile hotspot. It says "We can't set up mobile hotspot." . I am facing this problem from January, 2019. Please HELP me....
  10. setting up mobile hotspot

setting up mobile hotspot: im using a dell i7 and i have just updatd to windows 10. im having trouble with setting up my hotspot. it keeps saying it cannot set up. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/setting-up-mobile-hotspot/299565e9-193c-415f-880f-36050613b6a6