Windows 10: Setting up hyper threading

Discus and support Setting up hyper threading in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Is it possible to enable hyper threading on Intel processors only in games? And in idle time it was turned off... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Zero Bog, Apr 17, 2024.

1. Zero Bog Win User

Setting up hyper threading

Is it possible to enable hyper threading on Intel processors only in games? And in idle time it was turned off

:)

Zero Bog, Apr 17, 2024
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Can't Enable Hyper-V in Windows 10 Professional

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate your effort on this. As per my research the error code 0x800f0831 is generated when .Net Framework 3.5 is not enabled on the computer. I suggest you to try enabling .Net Framework 3.5 on the computer. Follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + R, to open
      Run
      dialog box.
    2. Type appwiz.cpl and click on
      OK
    3. Click on Turn Windows features on or off.
    4. Now, select the check box for .Net Framework 3.5 and click on
      OK.
    5. Restart the computer.

You can also check if Virtualization feature is enabled in BIOS or not, if it is not enabled, I suggest you to enable it.

You may also refer the troubleshooting steps performed by Jins Peter replied on August 13, 2019 in the thread

Hyper-V on Windows Pro wont install
    and see if that helps.

For additional information, you may also refer the article
    Step-By-Step: Enabling Hyper-V for use on Windows 10

Disclaimer: Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee
    that any problems resulting from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

If the issue persists, I would suggest you to post your query in
    TechNet forums
    , where we have support professionals who are well equipped with the knowledge on Hyper-V to assist you with the appropriate details.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Apr 17, 2024
  3. Marby Rey Win User
    Even after Uninstalling Hyper-V - msinfo32 shows "A hypervisor has been detected"

Hi,

To address your concern, we suggest that you disable the Hyper V services. Kindly follow the steps below:

• Type Services on the search bar.
    • Right click one Hyper V service, then select Properties.
    • On Startup type, choose Disabled.
      Setting up hyper threading d67aa4cb-46e7-4431-9d29-11005894536c.png
    • You have to disable all the Hyper V services one at a time by following the same steps.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you check out your post on TechNet (IT Pro’s) to make sure you get better answer.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Marby Rey, Apr 17, 2024
  4. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Apr 17, 2024
Thema:

1. Setting up hyper threading - Similar Threads - Setting hyper threading

2. Setting up hyper threading

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setting up hyper threading: Is it possible to enable hyper threading on Intel processors only in games? And in idle time it was turned off https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/setting-up-hyper-threading/6b8475df-830a-482d-b7a1-39c684551604
  3. How to set up Hyper-V USB Passthrough on Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    How to set up Hyper-V USB Passthrough on Windows 11: [IMG]USB Passthrough in Hyper-V allows you to copy and paste critical files to and from the Virtual Machine. By default, USB Passthrough is not enabled, and one needs to turn it on if they want to perform the mentioned activities. In this post, we will learn how you can set...
  4. Windows 10 Pro BSOD when Hyper-Threading enabled

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Pro BSOD when Hyper-Threading enabled: Whenever I try to enable hyperthreading on my CPU I get a BSOD in the next hour or so, before that all goes great. Very seldomly I might also get one of those WHEA-BSOD-thingies even when HT is not enabled. My processor is OC'd to 5ghz and XMP is active on the RAM. I hope...
  5. Adapter settings in Hyper-V

in Windows 10 Customization
    Adapter settings in Hyper-V: Hello in Hyper-V Manager Action Settings, I am trying to select those settings that I need to get my Windows XP virtual computer connected to the network. From what I have read online, I need to select the Legacy Network Adapter item and click the Add button to create a...
  6. Network adapter not working after setting up hyper-v lab

in Windows 10 Support
    Network adapter not working after setting up hyper-v lab: Hi, I saw an article on your website regarding issue with hyper-v and was hoping for help with my issue. Basically I have created a lab environment on my laptop with: 1) one 2019 server VM, AD DS installed and domain created and static ip for the DC 2) two win10pro VMS 3) One...
  7. Thread not showing up

in Windows 10 Support
    Thread not showing up: I tried to post a question a couple of times today, but it never shows up. Haven't had this trouble before. What's going on? 130999
  8. Help setting up Hyper-V to test Windows Server 2016

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Help setting up Hyper-V to test Windows Server 2016: Hi there @ I can't answer your specific questions on HYPER-V but I know all about "Breaking Netflix" - even the Dog starts barking madly. !!!! I don't think there's any major problem to having a server on a home LAN (I have 2 Linux servers on a LAN plus a whole slew of...
  9. Set up Vista on Hyper-V under Windows 10, cannot connect to internet

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Set up Vista on Hyper-V under Windows 10, cannot connect to internet: Dell XPS 8500 host running Windows 10 Pro x64 build 14393, Vista Ultimate SP1 x64 Gen 1 guest. I installed Vista in a Gen 1 VM but it cannot find a network adapter. I have tried both of my connectors (Ethernet external and WiFi external) but no effect. I have deleted the...
  10. how do you set up a domain/ client in hyper V?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how do you set up a domain/ client in hyper V?: I have hyper v installed with 2 vitual machines os'es running and I'm trying to set up a client/server so i can pratice ad, group policy and so forth. However I can't even ping the server from the client and here is the ip for each system. client 192.168.1.101...