Windows 10: Setting up laptop

Discus and support Setting up laptop in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; In error i used my Microsoft account details when setting up my husband’s new laptop - so it now thinks it’s mine - with my name as the administrator... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Margaret 1, Jul 15, 2020.

1. Setting up laptop

In error i used my Microsoft account details when setting up my husband’s new laptop - so it now thinks it’s mine - with my name as the administrator and account holder. How do I change that to his name as administrator - I don’t think he’s got a Microsoft account as his old laptop was Windows 7. Thanks

:)

Margaret 1, Jul 15, 2020
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jul 15, 2020
  3. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Jul 15, 2020
  4. Sasqui Win User

Setting up laptop

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Jul 15, 2020
Thema:

Setting up laptop

1. Setting up laptop - Similar Threads - Setting laptop

2. My laptop freeze randomly when I set Maximum Processor State at 100%

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My laptop freeze randomly when I set Maximum Processor State at 100%: Hi guys, as the title, my laptop freeze randomly and stop working I must force shutdown and reset the laptop whenever I set Maximum Processcor State at 100%If I set it down to 99%, my laptop works well but the performance is downed significantly.For example: - When I set it...
  3. My laptop freeze randomly when I set Maximum Processor State at 100%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop freeze randomly when I set Maximum Processor State at 100%: Hi guys, as the title, my laptop freeze randomly and stop working I must force shutdown and reset the laptop whenever I set Maximum Processcor State at 100%If I set it down to 99%, my laptop works well but the performance is downed significantly.For example: - When I set it...
  4. My laptop freeze randomly when I set Maximum Processor State at 100%

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My laptop settings is logged into someone elses account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop settings is logged into someone elses account: I am logged into a friend's account for some reason on the settings app and i can't log out in order to log back into my own account. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-settings-is-logged-into-someone-elses/c7a40d2c-63d1-4a6d-910f-a72392fb21c9
  6. My laptop settings is logged into someone elses account

My laptop settings is logged into someone elses account: I am logged into a friend's account for some reason on the settings app and i can't log out in order to log back into my own account. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-settings-is-logged-into-someone-elses/c7a40d2c-63d1-4a6d-910f-a72392fb21c9
  7. Hi! Why does my laptop keeps on sleeping? I already updated all the settings but to no avail.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi! Why does my laptop keeps on sleeping? I already updated all the settings but to no avail.: Hi! Why does my laptop keeps on sleeping? I already updated all the settings but to no avail. I already followed all the steps that I saw here from other users who experienced the same and it's frustrating....
  8. Hi! Why does my laptop keeps on sleeping? I already updated all the settings but to no avail.

Hi! Why does my laptop keeps on sleeping? I already updated all the settings but to no avail.: Hi! Why does my laptop keeps on sleeping? I already updated all the settings but to no avail. I already followed all the steps that I saw here from other users who experienced the same and it's frustrating....
  9. laptop screen saver comes on after one minute. how do I change the screen saver settings?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    laptop screen saver comes on after one minute. how do I change the screen saver settings?: After 1 minute of inactivity, my HP laptop screen goes dark. If I am taking notes, or reading an article without moving the mouse, it just goes dark. Very frustrating when trying to take notes from online texts and it shuts down. I've reset the screen and sleep times, created...
  10. laptop screen saver comes on after one minute. how do I change the screen saver settings?

laptop screen saver comes on after one minute. how do I change the screen saver settings?: After 1 minute of inactivity, my HP laptop screen goes dark. If I am taking notes, or reading an article without moving the mouse, it just goes dark. Very frustrating when trying to take notes from online texts and it shuts down. I've reset the screen and sleep times, created...