Windows 10: Setting Up Mail in WIndows 10 for a verizon account

Discus and support Setting Up Mail in WIndows 10 for a verizon account in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; How can I set up my verizon account in the mail app? I have tried all the suggestions for the incoming and outgoing servers and nothing seems to work.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ReenaRoshgadol, Aug 12, 2019.

1. Setting Up Mail in WIndows 10 for a verizon account

How can I set up my verizon account in the mail app? I have tried all the suggestions for the incoming and outgoing servers and nothing seems to work. Nowadays the way to access verizon mail is through AOL and I'm wondering if that has anything to do with it

:)

ReenaRoshgadol, Aug 12, 2019
  2. Hitman Win User

E mail problem

Hello
    This is a weird thing going on with my wife's e mail a little hard to explain.
    We are with time.Warner/spectrum
    I have asked at there sites and searched on lone put no real info.
    Windows 10 e mail app is Windows live mail

Ok here we go
    I set it all up ports and security and ports it is all working
    DownLoads the required folders sends and recieves mail all is good.
    It will be working for days even weeks and then all of a sudden the whole account is gone.
    All folders emails saved and deleted all gone.
    This have happened a few times now at least 4 or 5 times 2 times in the last month.

Is there a virus or malware or something that is doing this. ?
    Every time it has happened I do change the password.
    She has another account with verizon that still works and have np with.

Any suggestions or advise please
    Thaks
    Ruben

Hitman, Aug 12, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Mail: Advanced mail settings

Sorry Sir but this does not address the problem because of Step 6

6. Try entering the port numbers for the Incoming and Outgoing email server, check the authentication and other

settings on the menu.

1. If you try setting up a Verizon account using "Advanced setup" you never get the option of choosing the port. It MUST be 995 for incoming and 465 for outgoing.

2. If you try setting up the Verizon account through "POP3, IMAP, etc" option. you can choose the port but not the other options that are required by Verizon such as Clear Text Authentication.

Excuse my late response but i don't have any more time to dedicate to this problem and will continue to use Windows Live Mail. If and when Microsoft no longer allows the use of Live Mail in windows 10 I will rethink my decision to use Windows products.

May I suggest a re-design of the Win 10 Mail app using experienced developers.

Thank you for your time.

GregoryMarkovitz, Aug 12, 2019
  4. techbuzz Win User

Setting Up Mail in WIndows 10 for a verizon account

Windows Mail

Is it possible to set up more than one email account when using Windows Mail? I hate Thunderbird because I could never get more than one email account set up and be able to send mail from both accounts. The outgoing servers kept on getting mixed up.

Thanks in advance.

techbuzz, Aug 12, 2019
Thema:

Setting Up Mail in WIndows 10 for a verizon account

1. Setting Up Mail in WIndows 10 for a verizon account - Similar Threads - Setting Mail verizon

2. Setting up Mail on Windows 10 for TalkTalk.net account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Setting up Mail on Windows 10 for TalkTalk.net account: Could someone show me the correct steps to set up a talktalk.net e-mail on the generic windows 10 mail app have tried a number of settings and configurations without success. have successfully set it up before in Windows 7 and now on Ipad & iphone with no trouble. Can someone...
  3. setting up accounts in windows 10 mail app

setting up accounts in windows 10 mail app: I just upgraded my Windows 7 computer to Windows 10, and I'm trying to set up the mail app to access other email accounts. One of them is Verizon.net email, which is supplied through AOL. When I try to add the account, I'm presented with a list of account types, none of which...
  4. Windows Mail setup for Verizon now AOL account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Mail setup for Verizon now AOL account: I just got a new PC with Windows 10, and for some reason cannot get the Windows Mail app to sync with my Verizon / AOL email account. Verizon email was bought by AOL some time back; email address and server settings are still Verizon though. I'm using all the same...
  5. Windows Mail Setting Up Accounts

Windows Mail Setting Up Accounts: So I bought a new laptop and thought I'd set up Windows Mail. I went to mail, clicked add account and added a couple accounts successfully. Problem is it just keeps taking me back to the "Add account" screen and the "go to inbox" is greyed out. I uninstalled Mail the...
  6. setting up verizon e-mail in new windows 10

setting up verizon e-mail in new windows 10: I've just gotten a new computer with windows 10. how do I set up my e amil account. I do have outlook https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/setting-up-verizon-e-mail-in-new-windows-10/364ec0a9-740f-4657-8e88-8ff3d8340581
  7. Verizon Email on Windows 10 Mail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Verizon Email on Windows 10 Mail: I have tried all to add my Verizon email to Mail and I continually get an error message. Anyone have a solution to adding Verizon email to Windows 10 Mail? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/verizon-email-on-windows-10-mail/f68d1d9f-a201-41c3-b579-a5edf796a59b
  8. Outlook and Verizon Mail on AOL

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook and Verizon Mail on AOL: Sometime back Verizon gave their e-mail operations to AOL. All has been working well until earlier this week when suddenly the IMAP folders would not sync. Checking online, all that could be found was to reset the IMAP settings in Outlook. After doing this multiple times,...
  9. Trying to use my @verizon email account on the windows 10 mail app.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Trying to use my @verizon email account on the windows 10 mail app.: I have been trying to put my two @verizon emails that Ive had for a very long time onto my mail app. I have the account put in Its just that I cannot receive or send any emails. I keep getting an error to "We could not access this account you might need to update your...
  10. Yahoo Verizon mail

in Browsers and Email
    Yahoo Verizon mail: I have just upgraded to Win. 10, my Yahoo mail needed and app to work properly, I downloaded the app, but Yahoo still the same, how to apply app? The Verizon e-mail will not even open, HELP 63448

Users found this page by searching for:

1. set up verizon email on windows 10 mail

2. set up verizon email in windows 10 mail imap

3. verizon set up account on windows 10