Windows 10: Setting up mail problems

Discus and support Setting up mail problems in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How do I transfer my non mainstream email server and received emails from another computer?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JohnOdgers, Aug 6, 2020.

1. Setting up mail problems

How do I transfer my non mainstream email server and received emails from another computer?

:)

JohnOdgers, Aug 6, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Setting up mail problems :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Aug 6, 2020
  3. e mail won't set up

Hi Betty,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

1) What is the exact error it displays while configuring the account?

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• First click on Mail app from the Start Screen or search it from Start Search for opening mail app. Once the mail app is open.

• Click on Settings.

• Now click on Accounts from the settings box so came.

• After clicking on Accounts you’ll see currently configured accounts and option to
        Add new accounts. Choose Add an account.

• Now choose any one option from it. Like for example we are choosing Google for configuring Gmail. You can see more options like Yahoo, Exchange, AOL and other account for configuring.

• It’s time to enter the credentials for the Gmail account you want to configure. So enter your username and password for the same.

• Accept the terms and conditions from the account in the system.

• Choose Yes on next step where Windows will save your Sign-in info so that you don’t have to enter the credentials again and again.

• It’s all done now.
    Hope this helps. Please reply to us with the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Aug 6, 2020
  4. philc43 Win User

Setting up mail problems

Cannot open mail app settings

OK, my next suggestion was going to be uninstalling Mail and Calendar and reinstalling from the Windows Store. You can have a go at this by following these steps.

1. Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell.
    2. Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    3. Enter the below command to remove the Mail and calendar app.

get-appxpackage *microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps* | remove-appxpackage

After performing the above steps, install the Mail and calendar app from the Windows Store.

Hope this helps, you will, of course, have to add you accounts back again.

philc43, Aug 6, 2020
Thema:

Setting up mail problems

1. Setting up mail problems - Similar Threads - Setting mail problems

2. Setting up mail in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Setting up mail in Windows 11: I am trying to set up a bell aliant sympatico email in the the mail appI have followed all the directions. It set up. I receive emails BUT my emails all sit in my outbox. They are not sending....
  3. iCloud mail set up on win10 mail

iCloud mail set up on win10 mail: HI , I have a new laptop with win 10 home . I am trying to set up my iCloud mail and BT mail accounts but it just can't find the accounts in the set up box ? I know I am putting in the correct unto date details , with the iCloud account I have set up and tried a App password...
  4. Setting up e-mail

Setting up e-mail: Having trouble setting up e-mail on new computer. I have mail accounts, a RR and a gmail. I set them but no mail gets through. Do I have to buy Microsoft 365 in order for Outlook to work?...
  5. Problem setting up my e mail

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Problem setting up my e mail: Bought s new dell laptop in setting up my microsoft e mail it calls for a micro e mail @ outlook.com acct. I have an microsoft hotmail .com acct from old pc i would like to link both accts and have only one e mail acct i a'm a senior in my 80s and not sure how to do this i...
  6. Setting up an e-mail

Setting up an e-mail: I'm trying to get e-mail's from another account onto my computer, when I enter the info username and password, which I know are correct I have an error code: 0x80004005. The e-mail is working fine in outlook on a different PC, but I'm trying to get it to work with the mail...
  7. Windows Mail Setting Up Accounts

Windows Mail Setting Up Accounts: So I bought a new laptop and thought I'd set up Windows Mail. I went to mail, clicked add account and added a couple accounts successfully. Problem is it just keeps taking me back to the "Add account" screen and the "go to inbox" is greyed out. I uninstalled Mail the...
  8. Problem setting up windows mail in windows 10 1803.

Problem setting up windows mail in windows 10 1803.: Hello I have the following problem setting up windows mail app, have updated the mail app but this did not fix the problem, when I open the mail app to set it up the following message appears on the screen something went wrong trying to create account. Any help would be...
  9. Mail set up

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mail set up: I need help with Mail set up on windows 10. The system keep asking me to fix my account by entering password. After I have inserted the password, it does not help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mail-set-up/6f2b3214-a4ed-435a-8aa6-3f700a1c6236
  10. Setting up mail.

in Browsers and Email
    Setting up mail.: Having just downloaded Win 10, (I think its great) I find I cannot activate my email. I got my Gmail account working OK. I've tried all the set up procedures without success. I must have missed something. Can anyone advise? 49454