Windows 10: setting up microphone for speech recognition

Discus and support setting up microphone for speech recognition in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; i want to configure my mike for speech recognition but the box is grey and unresponsive any suggestions... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by frankharris4, Feb 23, 2020.

1. setting up microphone for speech recognition

i want to configure my mike for speech recognition but the box is grey and unresponsive any suggestions

:)

frankharris4, Feb 23, 2020

2. Microphone/speech recognition

First Winkey +l puts me into logout.

Finally was able to set Logitech Microphone as default device. Can see speech on speech recognition bar but speech is not responding to input such as "Start Listening"...

MadMax225985, Feb 23, 2020
  3. Windows Speech Recognition

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would require more information to help you better.

Are facing any issue with speech recognition?

I would suggest you to follow the steps to see Advance speech options.

• Press Windows+X key on the keyboard
    • Click on control panel
    • Select speech recognition
    • On the left hand pane you will see Advance speech option
    I would also suggest you to refer to the below link:

How to use Speech Recognition

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/using-speech-recognition

(Step applies to Windows 10 as well)

Hope this information helps and let us know if you have any further queries related to Windows we will be glad to help you.

Mohammed Yaseer, Feb 23, 2020
  4. WSRMarkoe Win User

setting up microphone for speech recognition

speech recognition

Start by going to Control Panel - Speech Recognition. First, run Set up microphone. Next do the tutorial. After this your dictation should be good if you are enunciating words clearly (no slurring words together). Windows Speech Recognition, for best results,
    requires a good microphone that rejects background noise. We recommend a USB headset microphone with the microphone element positioned at the corner of your mouth, not in front.

If you still get poor results:

• Make sure to always start WSR, Windows Speech Recognition, before using in an application.
    • Try to not only enunciate clearly, but speak in phrases. This is because WSR uses the context of the words before and after each word. Think of this sentence, "They're going to park their car over there."
    Marty Markoe, MyMSSpeech.com

WSRMarkoe, Feb 23, 2020
Thema:

setting up microphone for speech recognition

1. setting up microphone for speech recognition - Similar Threads - setting microphone speech

2. Speech recognition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Speech recognition: My built-in microphone isn't working. Worse, my microphone built into my headset isn't working either. I can hear fine from the speakers both built into the computer and from the headset, but can't speak at all. What's wrong?...
  3. Speech recognition

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Speech recognition: Am using Windows 10. There is also Speech recognition. If i want to use it can i use an Virtual mic?Because i have a view movies with no subtitles.And for these movies are no subtitles to get.I have to put Dutch words on text so i can translate it to English....
  4. Speech recognition settings grayed out

in Windows 10 Customization
    Speech recognition settings grayed out: i've download English USA and United Kingdom speech pack but i still have speech recognition settings grayed out [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/speech-recognition-settings-grayed-out/74edda19-1fae-458c-bfbe-5da40348f86e
  5. I cant set up a mic for speech recognition

I cant set up a mic for speech recognition: I recently bought a game named phasmophobia and it support speech recognition but when i tried to set it up the button was just grey like in the picture down here: [ATTACH] i have the last update on windows 10 and im owning a 2 years old lenvo legion t530-28icb how do i fix...
  6. No microphone input to Windows Speech Recognition?

No microphone input to Windows Speech Recognition?: I’m using Voice Attack and because of that I need to use the Windows Speech Recognition machine. I’ve used it for several years with only one problem along the way – the same as I’m experience now – no microphone gets through to the speech recognition app. Last time that...
  7. HOW TO SET UP SPEECH RECOGNITION?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HOW TO SET UP SPEECH RECOGNITION?: I AM HAVING TROUBLE SETTING UP SPEECH RECOGNITION. I AM USING THE JACK IN THE FRONT OF THE HARDRIVE AND I CAN HEAR THROUGH MY HEADPHONES, BUT IT IS NOT PICKING UP WHEN I TRY TO RECORD MY VOICE....
  8. Speech Recognition and privacy settings

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Speech Recognition and privacy settings: I was trying to install an app for dictation and the following message displayed: "The speech recognition - privacy settings has not been accepted", with the link to "open privacy settings". When I clicked it, it shows that the online speech recognition is turned off. I...
  9. SPEECH RECOGNITION

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SPEECH RECOGNITION: I HAVE WINDOWS 10. THE SPEECH RECOGNITION DOES NOT LOAD AT STARTUUPCAN I CORRECT THIS? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/speech-recognition/43c4fd94-71ab-4012-9ab3-0da1e255ed0a
  10. Set Up Speech Recognition in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Set Up Speech Recognition in Windows 10: How to: Set Up Speech Recognition in Windows 10 How to Set Up Speech Recognition in Windows 10 Windows Speech Recognition lets you control your PC with your voice alone, without needing a keyboard or mouse. Using only your voice, you can open menus, click buttons and...