Windows 10: Setting Up Microsoft Defender Full Scan in Task Scheduler

Discus and support Setting Up Microsoft Defender Full Scan in Task Scheduler in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have successfully setup a scheduled task to run a full Microsoft Defender scan Monday/Wednesday/Friday mornings. This points at the following path... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Golfinfool54, Oct 13, 2020.

1. Setting Up Microsoft Defender Full Scan in Task Scheduler

I have successfully setup a scheduled task to run a full Microsoft Defender scan Monday/Wednesday/Friday mornings. This points at the following path to run the MpCmdRun.exe program: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Platform\4.18.2009.7-0. There are two folders in the Platform directory that were created about a month part due to updates to Microsoft Defender, each has a copy of the MpCmdRun.exe program. How often will these new folders be created and how can I keep my scheduled scan task pointed at the most current version of MpCmdRun.exe? Is there an environment variable that is updated when the folder changes I can't find one or some other way to determine that an update to Microsoft Defender has changed the folder for MpCmdRun.exe?

Appreciate your help with this.

:)

Golfinfool54, Oct 13, 2020

2. defender scans

Hi Ian,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

This issue might occur if you have set any task scheduler for Windows Defender.

I suggest you to delete the task for Windows defender and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Search and open Schedule tasks.

• In the left-hand menu, open the Task Scheduler Library, then select
      Microsoft >Windows >Windows Defender.

• Double-click Windows Defender Scheduled Scan.

• Select the Triggers panel, then select Delete.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Oct 13, 2020
  3. mwidunn Win User
    How do I get Windows Defender Scheduled Scan back in Task Scheduler?

How do I get Windows Defender Scheduled Scan back in Task Scheduler?

I go: Schedule tasks > Task Scheduler Library > Microsoft > Windows > Windows Defender.

I had been messing around with the scheduler trying to make it work properly. Unfortunately, in the process I believe that I deleted the whole task (when I thought I was just deleting its properties and triggers).

Is there any way to get Windows Defender Scheduled Scan back in the list of tasks?

Thanks!

mwidunn, Oct 13, 2020
  4. Setting Up Microsoft Defender Full Scan in Task Scheduler

Windows Defender Scheduled Scan

anhnguyen19G&H, Oct 13, 2020
Thema:

Setting Up Microsoft Defender Full Scan in Task Scheduler

1. Setting Up Microsoft Defender Full Scan in Task Scheduler - Similar Threads - Setting Microsoft Defender

2. Why Windows Defender Scheduled Scan Located in Task Scheduler/Microsoft/Windows revert to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why Windows Defender Scheduled Scan Located in Task Scheduler/Microsoft/Windows revert to...: On Win 2019 and Win 2022, after setup the Task Scheduler: "Windows Defender Scheduled Scan" as convenient for me, after run to be sure it works,, after waiting for completion, after finish successful, even reboot computer to be sure the settings remain there ..... AFTER 2-3...
  3. Why Windows Defender Scheduled Scan Located in Task Scheduler/Microsoft/Windows revert to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why Windows Defender Scheduled Scan Located in Task Scheduler/Microsoft/Windows revert to...: On Win 2019 and Win 2022, after setup the Task Scheduler: "Windows Defender Scheduled Scan" as convenient for me, after run to be sure it works,, after waiting for completion, after finish successful, even reboot computer to be sure the settings remain there ..... AFTER 2-3...
  4. SETTING UP WINDOWS DEFENDER SCAN IN TASK SCHEDULER

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SETTING UP WINDOWS DEFENDER SCAN IN TASK SCHEDULER: I am attempting to set up a scheduled daily scan in Windows Defender using Task Scheduler. I am following steps outlined as follows:Task Scheduler Library > Microsoft > Windows > Windows Defender. At this point, there is no option or listing of "windows defender scheduled...
  5. SETTING UP WINDOWS DEFENDER SCAN IN TASK SCHEDULER

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SETTING UP WINDOWS DEFENDER SCAN IN TASK SCHEDULER: I am attempting to set up a scheduled daily scan in Windows Defender using Task Scheduler. I am following steps outlined as follows:Task Scheduler Library > Microsoft > Windows > Windows Defender. At this point, there is no option or listing of "windows defender scheduled...
  6. SETTING UP WINDOWS DEFENDER SCAN IN TASK SCHEDULER

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Defender scheduled scan set up.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Defender scheduled scan set up.: Moderators kindly move this post to relevant if required. I may have screwed up,advice welcomed . Task Scheduler > Libraries> Windows > Windows Defender . Objective to insert new task > Scan daily full scan @7.30am.Start date 03/03/2020 Double clicked Windows defender...
  8. Defender scheduled scan set up.

in Windows 10 Support
    Defender scheduled scan set up.: Moderators kindly move this post to relevant if required. I may have screwed up,advice welcomed . Task Scheduler > Libraries> Windows > Windows Defender . Objective to insert new task > Scan daily full scan @7.30am.Start date 03/03/2020 Double clicked Windows defender...
  9. Schedule Defender Scans

Schedule Defender Scans: No issue running at demand quick scans via Settings >Windows security>virus and threats >select quick scan . OK. Went to Task scheduler > windows defender to sequence a daily scheduled scan as per Brinks Tutorial and found this . [img] Proceeded to insert new scheduled...
  10. scheduling Windows Defender full scan: problems and questions

scheduling Windows Defender full scan: problems and questions: I have a new Windows 10 Pro 64 bit laptop that I am configuring. I am coming from a Windows 7 desktop. Much has changed. For its malware defense, I am using Windows Defender and Malwarebytes Premium. Scheduling Malwarebytes to scan at a certain time of day is trivial, but...