Windows 10: Setting up Microsoft Office

Discus and support Setting up Microsoft Office in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hey Microsoft, I totally understand you love the idea of a single sign-on across all Microsoft products. But guess what? A lot of people change their... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by AllanLees, Dec 24, 2019.

1. AllanLees Win User

Setting up Microsoft Office

Hey Microsoft,

I totally understand you love the idea of a single sign-on across all Microsoft products. But guess what? A lot of people change their UNs and PWs frequently and don't remember what they used a few years ago. Making it impossible to use Microsoft Office because they can't recall their old credentials, and assuming they'll still have an old email address which you can use to send them a verification email, is very unwise. It means people get locked out of things they've paid for, and have huge hassles trying to access the products they've paid for. This is atrocious customer service, especially when the online forum "answers" are usually useless and the wait time on a chat or phone session can be far longer than most people can cope with.

So you need to devise a customer-friendly approach to setting up Office, rather than a tech engineer oriented approach. Because a lot of people still buy Intel/Windows for personal and home use and therefore a lot of people will be irritated and worse by your clunky corporate-oriented approach to things. Sure, the dream of single sign-on, many devices is lovely. But not in the real world.

:)

AllanLees, Dec 24, 2019
  2. //mAr Win User

Microsoft Office 2007 Beta 2 arrived

Today Microsoft released the puplic Beta 2 of Office 2007. It's available in English, French, German, Japanese, Spanish. After signing up on windows live, answer some questions, everyone can download the following products:
    • Microsoft® Office Professional Plus 2007
    • Microsoft® Office Visio® Professional 2007
    • Microsoft® Office Outlook® 2007 with Business Contact Manager
    • Microsoft® Office Project Server 2007
    • Microsoft® Office Project Professional 2007
    • Microsoft® Office Groove® 2007
    • Microsoft® Office Groove® Server 2007
    • Microsoft® Office Multi Language Pack 2007 – French/German/Japanese/Spanish
    • Microsoft® Office OneNote® 2007
    • Microsoft® Office SharePoint® Designer 2007
    • Microsoft® Office SharePoint® Server 2007 - Enterprise
    • Microsoft® Office SharePoint® Server 2007 - Enterprise(x64)
    • Microsoft® Office Forms Server 2007
    • Microsoft® Office Forms Server 2007 (x64)
    You can get it here

//mAr, Dec 24, 2019
  3. Windows 10 upgrade, where is my Microsoft Office?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below:

• Type “Programs and Features” in the search box and press Enter.
    • Check if Microsoft Office application is listed in the list of installed applications.
    • If it is listed, then navigate to This PC>Local disc (CSetting up Microsoft Office :)>Windows.old.
    • Check if the Office application is present there.
    • If still not found, then suggest you to install the application using the installation media.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Dec 24, 2019
  4. Kari Win User

Thema:

1. Setting up Microsoft Office - Similar Threads - Setting Microsoft Office

2. Visual Studio/Microsoft Office settings for all users

in Windows 10 Customization
    Visual Studio/Microsoft Office settings for all users: At my University I have labs that contain thin clients. I create the image that I want using an admin account. I'm able to set the background for all users using group policy editor, and I am able to place icons on the desktop of all users by using c:\Users\Public Desktop....
  3. April 2020 updates for Microsoft Office. Outlook set-up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    April 2020 updates for Microsoft Office. Outlook set-up: With the April 2020 update my old Outlook and all its emails have disappeared. Now when I click Outlook I am asked for a password. I don't know which or what password it is looking for. I tried the password that I used previously to access my emails but it is not accepted. I...
  4. I entered the wrong email when setting up Microsoft Office program

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I entered the wrong email when setting up Microsoft Office program: Hello, I mistakenly put it the wrong email when I was setting up Microsoft Office program onto my father's laptop. I used "@hotmail.com" instead of "@outlook.com" and I didn't realize my mistake until much later since I was still able to go along with the set up. I was...
  5. Setting up a laptop with Office 365 credentials

in Windows 10 Customization
    Setting up a laptop with Office 365 credentials: Hi there, I had 2 email addresses, one of which was created by me, and the other an Office365 account. The first one is no more as I changed the email address and removed the alias. Sometimes when I attempt to login to Microsoft services I have received the choice to...
  6. Setting up Microsoft on Lenovo

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Setting up Microsoft on Lenovo: I just got a new laptop, Lenovo IdeaPad S145 and was trying to go through set up and my screen just reduced to a teeny almost invisible screen. How do I get it back up to be able to read it....
  7. Setting up Microsoft Outlook

in Browsers and Email
    Setting up Microsoft Outlook: I am trying to set up my gmail in Outlook using the imap system. When I get to the end it just keeps going round and round in circles asking for my username and password and I can't get past this.Does anyone know the answer please? 120420
  8. Office 2016 Manual set up problems

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office 2016 Manual set up problems: Hi folks I've complained about this before but OUTLOOK 2016 still tries to auto create an account even when you select "manual". It still does this after latest update. Outlook 365 might be OK as presumably you go through some sort of "subscription set up" in the first...
  9. Outlook (Office 07) set-up

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook (Office 07) set-up: On this new laptop just installed Office 2007 and am attempting to set up email. Unable to get past the step which asks for a password provided by my ISP (see screenshot) Any idea of what this is about, or how to get around it? (gave up trying to get ISP to answer their...
  10. Microsoft Office 2016 not opening up.

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Microsoft Office 2016 not opening up.: I tried to restart my PC. Nothing happened. I tried also to press change but nothing shown. I tried to uninstall it but it says "Access is denied." What should I do? [img] 29701