Windows 10: Setting up Microsoft Outlook

Discus and support Setting up Microsoft Outlook in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I am trying to set up my gmail in Outlook using the imap system. When I get to the end it just keeps going round and round in circles asking for my... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Bluenose1940, Oct 25, 2018.

1. Setting up Microsoft Outlook

I am trying to set up my gmail in Outlook using the imap system. When I get to the end it just keeps going round and round in circles asking for my username and password and I can't get past this.Does anyone know the answer please?

:)

Bluenose1940, Oct 25, 2018
  2. Munki Win User

GUIDE:How to transfer contacts from Microsoft Outlook to Gmail

I'm sitting here in the office, its the end of the year in the school system, and several employees transferring to alternative counties. With this it brings loads of transferring contacts to take with them from their company phone. Well, this one in particular sparked a guide idea. So here it is, How to transfer Outlook contacts to your Gmail account.

Step 1: Sign in to your outlook account.
    step 2 In the top left hand corner click File > Import/Export > Export to file > Browse to desired place to save your file > export. Be sure you export the file as .csv (comma separated values)
    Step 3 Log into your Gmail account
    Step 4 Select 'Contacts' In the subsection you will see a 'Import' button on the right-hand side. Click it.
    Step 5 Browse to the location where you saved it > Open it > Click Import.

I would have provided pictures, but I use neither Outlook or Gmail. Hope someone somewhere gets some use from this. *Toast :toast:

=Munki=

Munki, Oct 25, 2018
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    newtekie1, Oct 25, 2018
  4. Jayzilla Win User

Setting up Microsoft Outlook

Jayzilla, Oct 25, 2018
Thema:

Setting up Microsoft Outlook

1. Setting up Microsoft Outlook - Similar Threads - Setting Microsoft Outlook

2. Setting up outlook on a new device

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Setting up outlook on a new device: Hi All,I have brought a new laptop and am trying to set up my outlook. i have managed to import the emails but none of my folders which were previously created have been import. Plus the "+" symbol does not appear when panel "All folders" is shown Thanks in advance Rob...
  3. Class Not Registered when setting up Outlook

in Windows 10 Customization
    Class Not Registered when setting up Outlook: Hi Just purchased Surface Pro 7 and installed Office 365. Got Class Not Registered error with outlook when trying to set up email account. Tried numerous methods from Microsoft Community but still not resolved. Please advise how issue can be resolved....
  4. Setting up Outlook in O365

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Setting up Outlook in O365: Wi 10 in both cases. I have recently started installing O365 on customers computers. The two so far when setting up Outlook I get the dreaded "something went wrong in setting up your account" or words to that effect. I then resorted to manually setting up a IMAP account and...
  5. April 2020 updates for Microsoft Office. Outlook set-up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    April 2020 updates for Microsoft Office. Outlook set-up: With the April 2020 update my old Outlook and all its emails have disappeared. Now when I click Outlook I am asked for a password. I don't know which or what password it is looking for. I tried the password that I used previously to access my emails but it is not accepted. I...
  6. Setting up Charter email in Outlook

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Setting up Charter email in Outlook: I cannot get my Charter email account set up in Outlook. Any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/setting-up-charter-email-in-outlook/430d443e-1ae0-4826-9ca1-3a8c4671906f"
  7. Setting up Outlook on new computer - defaults to Add Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Setting up Outlook on new computer - defaults to Add Microsoft account: Hi, My collegue has a new computer and I am trying to set up her Outlook email account on Windows 10. When I click on the Add account and Select Outlook.com I get Add your Microsoft account We use Office 365 at work - do I need to set her up an Microsoft account to...
  8. Outlook set up on new laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Outlook set up on new laptop: Hello We have an old laptop with outlook 2007 on it. Now have purchased a new lappy and downloaded Office 365 outlook...but when I try to set it up it keeps asking for server / password but never seems to connect...just hangs there Any ideas for me to try please...
  9. Outlook (Office 07) set-up

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook (Office 07) set-up: On this new laptop just installed Office 2007 and am attempting to set up email. Unable to get past the step which asks for a password provided by my ISP (see screenshot) Any idea of what this is about, or how to get around it? (gave up trying to get ISP to answer their...
  10. Microsoft Outlook IMAP settings

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Outlook IMAP settings: Hi I am using Microsoft Outlook 2007 as my mail client with IMAP. My setup is working correctly but I have a question regarding the display of the IMAP folder hierarchy in the left hand column under All Mail Items. Somehow, possibly due to a previous error in deleting a...