Windows 10: Setting up multiple monitors on different graphics adapters

Discus and support Setting up multiple monitors on different graphics adapters in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My Windows 10 PC has an Intel HD 4600 graphics co-processor with dual DisplayPort outputs, but DisplayPort #2 is not working. I believe it is a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by David P. Vancouver, Aug 3, 2021.

1. Setting up multiple monitors on different graphics adapters

My Windows 10 PC has an Intel HD 4600 graphics co-processor with dual DisplayPort outputs, but DisplayPort #2 is not working. I believe it is a hardware problem. So I have added a NVIDIA GeForce 210 graphics card for the second display.Display Manager / Display Adapters shows both adapters, but both have a yellow warning symbol. In Device Properties, both have the warning "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. Code 43". How do I get the display adapters working?Once they are working, how do I assign the NVIDIA adapter to my second display?

:)

David P. Vancouver, Aug 3, 2021
  2. Mala_S Win User

virtual desktop as multiple monitor

Hello Dan,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Virtual desktops lets you create multiple, separate desktops that each can display different open windows and apps. Multiple desktops are great for quickly switching desktops. The idea of having multiple virtual desktops is being able to order programs
    according to a set of tasks.

PC can’t have different virtual desktop on each monitor. However, we can
    configure the taskbar for multiple displays to send windows from one monitor to another. We can customize Windows to have a taskbar shown on only one display, and a different taskbar on the other display. To do that, follow the below mentioned
    steps.

• Right click on the taskbar and select
      Taskbar Settings
    • Scroll down to Multiple displays section and choose
      Taskbar where window is open under Show taskbar buttons on option.

By choosing that particular option in Settings, you can set its independent taskbar in addition to your primary display. Only the open windows are shown on the taskbar in that particular display.

As a workaround, we can create a new profile to switch your main display to another. By doing that, you can switch between profiles which will be having different displays in it.
    To do that, follow the below mentioned steps.

• Right click anywhere on the desktop and select Graphics properties > Select
      Display > make changes to change your main displays > click on
      Save profile
      > assign a name to it.
    • You can create multiple profiles to make different monitors as main displays each time.
    • To apply the profile, right click anywhere on the
      desktop and select Graphics Options > Profiles > in there you can select the new account which you have created to switch the display.

Hope it helps.

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Aug 3, 2021
  3. Windows 10: Monitor has no signal

Hi,

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • How many graphics card are installed?
    • How is the second monitor connected to the computer, with VGA,DVI or HDMI?

You may check the Graphics card present in the computer by these steps:

• Press Win+X on the keyboard and select Device Manager
    • Expand Display Adapters and check how many graphic cards are shown.

If you have the option to choose multiple monitors provided by the graphic card manufacturer, try it and check

Ravinath P, Aug 3, 2021
  4. Setting up multiple monitors on different graphics adapters

multiple monitor problems with windows 10

Hi Michael,

Welcome to Microsoft community and thank you for posting your query.

To understand the issue better, I would like to know what is the model number of the HP USB graphics adapter?

Let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and check if this helps. Follow the below method.

Method 1.

I recommend you to uninstall/reinstall the graphic adapter driver and check. Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device manager.

• Click on Universal Serial Bus to expand, locate for graphic adapter. (Note: If you do not find graphic adapter on
      Universal Serial Bus, click on Display adapter and uninstall it.).

• Right click on the device and click on uninstall.

• Once you install the driver restart the computer. It will automatically install the generic network adapter.
    If this doesn’t help to fix the issue. I suggest you to update the graphic adapter driver. Skip step3 from the above steps and right click on the
    device and click on update.

Method 2.

If the above method did not help to fix the issue, I would suggest you to
    go to the graphic adapter manufacturer website and download the latest graphic adapter driver. If the graphic driver is not available for Windows 10, try installing the available driver in compatibility mode and check.

• Right-click on the setup file of the driver and select Properties.

• Select Compatibility tab.

• Check Run this program in Compatibility mode.

• Let the driver install and then check the functionality.
    Hope it helps. Keep posting us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Aug 3, 2021
Thema:

Setting up multiple monitors on different graphics adapters

1. Setting up multiple monitors on different graphics adapters - Similar Threads - Setting multiple monitors

2. How to set different wallpaper for different monitors?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to set different wallpaper for different monitors?: I've looked through every setting on my computer and every forum on a couple sites, none of them have answered my question.I'm trying to set a different wall paper for each of my three monitors. But every time I go into the personalization settings and right click on a...
  3. How to set different wallpaper for different monitors?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to set different wallpaper for different monitors?: I've looked through every setting on my computer and every forum on a couple sites, none of them have answered my question.I'm trying to set a different wall paper for each of my three monitors. But every time I go into the personalization settings and right click on a...
  4. Multiple Set ups

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple Set ups: I am trying to set up Muiltiple laptops for a client, with windows 11 intrusive way to set up a new pc instead of creating a local account, can I create the one account for the PC set up a local account as admin then delete the account I set the computer up with ?...
  5. Option to set different wallpaper on multiple monitors no longer available?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Option to set different wallpaper on multiple monitors no longer available?: As submitted from another thread, the option to select a wallpaper for different seems to no longer be available after I updated my windows build. The only option left is "Set as desktop background" rather than "Set to Monitor 1" or "Set to Monitor 2". Can someone...
  6. Different monitor backgrounds for dual monitor set up.

Different monitor backgrounds for dual monitor set up.: How do I set dual backgrounds on two different monitors? When I go to personalize and right click on the background picture option where it says "Choose your picture" to set to a specific monitor it gives me three options: Set for all monitors, Set for monitor 2, and Set for...
  7. Setting up multiple desktops for different drives

Setting up multiple desktops for different drives: I have recently gotten a second monitor, and would like to have my hard drive's files displayed on the second. Currently, i have 2 drives, a 1TB SSD and a 2TB HDD, my desktop is currently using my SSD's files, but I'd like my second monitor to have the files of my HDD without...
  8. Setting up multiple monitors

Setting up multiple monitors: Hello, can anyone help me to set up multiple monitors. I got the dual adapter and am able to see two screens, but I want them extended. When I hit the extend button from Windows key+P, nothing happens. When I detect monitors from settings it says its not finding one to...
  9. Different Slideshow Backgrounds on Multiple Monitors

Different Slideshow Backgrounds on Multiple Monitors: Hi, I'm using 2 monitors on the "Extend" mode, and I want to set for each screen a different background slideshow, each running independently instead of the same slideshow and each picture divided between the monitors. How can it be done? Thanks....
  10. Multi-monitor set up with different sizes and resolutions?

Multi-monitor set up with different sizes and resolutions?: Hi, Running W10 1709 64-bit, and a multi-monitor setup as pictured in screenshot from display manager: 2x27" 2560x1440 (Monitors "3" and "4") 1x22" 1680x1050 (Monitor "2") and built-in laptop display: 15.6" 1920x1080 (Monitor "1") My problem is that my monitor...