Windows 10: setting up multiple work stations with 1 admin but various independent users

Discus and support setting up multiple work stations with 1 admin but various independent users in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; What is the best way to set up multiple work stations with a single admin email but also allow users to have their own loginsWe want 1 single admin... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by StarwoodPM, Jul 26, 2021.

1. setting up multiple work stations with 1 admin but various independent users

What is the best way to set up multiple work stations with a single admin email but also allow users to have their own loginsWe want 1 single admin account to be able to access and clean up and reset computer for new users as neededthe trouble is now we have multiple computers with the same admin account which affects other computers with downloads, changes, etc how do we keep the computers individual but still have single admin accessthanks

:)

StarwoodPM, Jul 26, 2021
  2. JH1034 Win User

Setting up a work PC for multiple users

The biggest pain when setting up a Windows 10 Pro PC for work was all of the "per user" settings that I had to log in as each user to set various things.

Wish there was the option when signed is as the admin to clone all settings to the users with one click.

Wish there was an easy way to remove the games and such from all users, again in one step, not having to go in as each user to delete games.

JH1034, Jul 26, 2021
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jul 26, 2021
  4. zxed Win User

setting up multiple work stations with 1 admin but various independent users

ActiveSync 4.5, multiple user profiles, no Admin Rights (AD)

Trying to get ActiveSync 4.5 working for users in our department. We do have polices in place restricting users from installing software, they do not have admin rights.

We had an admin user logon to a machine, perform active sync, tested the sync, it worked.

A non-admin user logs onto the same machine, ActiveSync pops up, tries to run/install, fails.

I am waiting to get detailed messages/errors from our IT admin..

Is there a group policy that could be restricting use of ActiveSync? Is it possible to push ActiveSync install to all our comptuers (250+), we have multiple users use any given machine so their profile needs to be able to work with this.

We cannot make all users admin, just to have them install activesync on a machine...

Windows XP, running SP2 and SP3 in some cases.

Thema:

setting up multiple work stations with 1 admin but various independent users

1. setting up multiple work stations with 1 admin but various independent users - Similar Threads - setting multiple stations

2. Add multiple users to admin popup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Add multiple users to admin popup: In the admin popup, how to make multiple users who are administrators come in the user list in windows 10For example:My current situation is the second image but i want the first image which inculdes my user and other administrators too!Hopefully you can help!...
  3. Add multiple users to admin popup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Add multiple users to admin popup: In the admin popup, how to make multiple users who are administrators come in the user list in windows 10For example:My current situation is the second image but i want the first image which inculdes my user and other administrators too!Hopefully you can help!...
  4. Add multiple users to admin popup

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Independent Virtua Desktops on Multiple Monitors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Independent Virtua Desktops on Multiple Monitors: Is it possible to have independent virtual desktops on different monitors of a multi-monitor system. For example on monitor 1 show virtual desktop 1 and on monitor 2 show virtual desktop 2? Currently if I switch to virtual desktop 1 on monitor 2 it also switches monitor 1 to...
  6. Multiple displays not working with a docking station

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Multiple displays not working with a docking station: I can always connect one monitor at a time, but once I connect a second, both displays go black #3 and #2, #1 and #4 are the laptop screens. What does it mean that #2 is grayed out?...
  7. Mac user setting up home work station for the wife and need some help with computer not...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mac user setting up home work station for the wife and need some help with computer not...: Setup: Dell laptop plugged into a dock that is powering two external monitors. Issue: Set the laptop to stay awake when its plugged in, lid closed because it is just being used to drive two external monitors. When I select sleep from the start menu the monitors turn off but...
  8. multiple users set up

in Windows 10 Customization
    multiple users set up: I was given this laptop 2 weeks after my aunt bought it because she could not understand the software. She managed to get her name and e-mail registered in it though somehow. I have changed it to my name and thought I had gotten the e-mail changed too. Well, every time I...
  9. Multiple Docking Stations

in Windows 10 Customization
    Multiple Docking Stations: I have surface pro, like it, I have docking station, if I travel to another office and use another different docking station, will it disturb my 1st docking station settings ( 2 monitors, one portrait, one landscape) etc......
  10. How to set up shared drive for multiple users

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to set up shared drive for multiple users: Hi all, Recently got myself a new computer (laptop), and just wondering what's the best way to set this up? I have a (256Gb) SSD which is for Windows/programs, and 1TB HDD for docs, pics, music and game installs. My computer is shared between my wife and I, and we...