Windows 10: SETTING UP MY HP COMPUTER TO SEND AND RECEIVE A FAX

Discus and support SETTING UP MY HP COMPUTER TO SEND AND RECEIVE A FAX in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; UNAWARE OF MY NAME OF MY NETWORK ADDRESS... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by cc bailey, Feb 18, 2020.

1. cc bailey Win User

SETTING UP MY HP COMPUTER TO SEND AND RECEIVE A FAX

UNAWARE OF MY NAME OF MY NETWORK ADDRESS

:)

cc bailey, Feb 18, 2020
  2. Berton Win User

Outlook ceases to send and receive mail the next day

Does your Outlook Version 11 [part of Office 2003] ever send the messages? I've never favored having to click an icon to Send and Receive immediately, just another step in using the program, prefer to have it do the functions when clicking Send for the message.

And it's possible Win10 Version 1803 Build 17134.228 is part of the issue since support for Office 2003 has ended.

I'd try a test where Outlook is closed first before shutting down the computer, after all Outlook won't work when the computer is shut down.

Berton, Feb 18, 2020
  3. Unable to access HP Simple Pass to Sign-in to the computer on Windows 10

Hi Jerome,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing HP simple pass after upgrading to Windows 10. We will help you with this issue.

• Do let us know the make and model of your computer?
    • Have you installed HP simple pass software on your computer?

Try the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to download the latest HP Simple Pass software from the manufacturer's website install it and check if it helps.

Step 2: If you have already installed the software, I suggest you to re-install it and check if the issue persists.

Follow the steps to Access Recovery Manager:

• Press Start button from the keyboard, type Recover Manager.
    • Select Recovery Manager from the list when it becomes available. Allow the action to continue, if prompted. The
      HP Recovery Manager opens.
    • Click Software program re-installation, Next , select
      HP SimplePass for the listing and then follow the on-screen instructions to reinstall application

Hope it helps. Try the above and get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 18, 2020
  4. 56Kruiser Win User

Laptop updated to 1809. Can't get WOL to send out...

Not sure the topic is exactly accurate. Here's the story:

• Have been successful sending WOL to 2 other PCs in the house
    • Had problems with laptop and sent to HP. They upgraded it to 1809
    • Now when I send WOL packets the other PCs will not wake up

Given that it was working fine on those PCs before, and the noted changes are to the PC sending the packet, I'm assuming that my sending PC needs something configured.

My searches on WOL only find stuff about setting it up on the remote PC so it will wake up.

Any suggestions about why my sending PC is not sending?

56Kruiser, Feb 18, 2020
Thema:

1. SETTING UP MY HP COMPUTER TO SEND AND RECEIVE A FAX - Similar Threads - SETTING COMPUTER SEND

2. Windows fax and scan send results in "No answer" if receiving machine send fax tone without...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows fax and scan send results in "No answer" if receiving machine send fax tone without...: For quite a long time now, we cannot send faxes via Windows Fax and Scan to any machine/server that answers the call without ringing but immediately answers with a fax tone. Our end will never initiate the send and returns a "No Answer" response. I can always manually send...
  3. Windows fax and scan send results in "No answer" if receiving machine send fax tone without...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows fax and scan send results in "No answer" if receiving machine send fax tone without...: For quite a long time now, we cannot send faxes via Windows Fax and Scan to any machine/server that answers the call without ringing but immediately answers with a fax tone. Our end will never initiate the send and returns a "No Answer" response. I can always manually send...
  4. Windows fax and scan send results in "No answer" if receiving machine send fax tone without...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. receive a fax

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    receive a fax: cannot receive fax https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/receive-a-fax/eb196891-f121-40c7-8343-feda0d7dc190
  6. How do I set up my computer windows 10 to send and receive faxes with Brother MFC-7860DW?

How do I set up my computer windows 10 to send and receive faxes with Brother MFC-7860DW?: How do I set up my computer windows 10 to send and receive faxes with Brother MFC-7860DW? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-set-up-my-computer-windows-10-to-send-and/df779251-c8fc-4f79-9511-89cb1e5421c7
  7. Send and Receive Faxes on my laptop

Send and Receive Faxes on my laptop: I am trying to figure out if there is a way to send and receive faxes using Windows 10. Any help in this regard would be much appreciated....
  8. fax set up

fax set up: I'm trying to set up the fax on hp Officejet pro 8600. It's asking for fax number. where do I find it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/fax-set-up/846ba258-6cda-4c5e-9cbe-2ceb0078385d
  9. Setting Up MS Mail: Can Send, But Not Receive ?

in Browsers and Email
    Setting Up MS Mail: Can Send, But Not Receive ?: Hello, Not too sharp with this, so please bear with me. Trying to set up the Microsoft Mail on a pc running W10. Have never used this MS Mail before. Funny, but I can send msgs with it just fine. But it receives nothing. I tested it out by sending a msg to myself from it...
  10. Setting Up MS Mail: Can Send, But Not Receive ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Setting Up MS Mail: Can Send, But Not Receive ?: Hello, Not too sharp with this, so please bear with me. Trying to set up the Microsoft Mail on a pc running W10. Have never used this MS Mail before. Funny, but I can send msgs with it just fine. But it receives nothing. I tested it out by sending a msg to myself from it...