Windows 10: setting up my husbands new laptop

Discus and support setting up my husbands new laptop in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, My husband got a new used Dell inspiron laptop and it was set to factory settings. so while hes trying to set it up the "Sign in with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Kimi1264, Jun 8, 2020.

1. Kimi1264 Win User

setting up my husbands new laptop

Hello,

My husband got a new used Dell inspiron laptop and it was set to factory settings. so while hes trying to set it up the "Sign in with Microsoft , then you get to country and birthdate but it will not take his birthdate... it doesn't propagate the month day or year. can you help him set it up? he cant get past this screen. Thanks

Kimberly

:)

Kimi1264, Jun 8, 2020
  2. M.Susick Win User

Microsoft Account on new laptop for husband

I used my Microsoft Account sign in info on another newer laptop for my husband. I had a hard time trying to remember his old sign in info and password. Couldn't get anything to work so I used mine thinking I could change it later--haven't been able
    to.

If two laptops have same acct info will both still get updates they need or just the one you sign onto first?

How do I redo sign info on husbands laptop? If I delete info on new laptop, does it then delete my original MS Account info on my 4 yr older laptop? I can't find any way to change or start over on this new laptop /account. I noticed when I booted
    up my old laptop the next time, that for a while it had the same log in screen that I had just selected for his new laptop--but then it changed back to my original.

From what I have read, once MS Acct is "set up" you can't delete it--you can only add additional users? Thanks

M.Susick, Jun 8, 2020
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jun 8, 2020
  4. Goldie01 Win User

Trade laptops with Husband

I'm wanting to trade laptops with my husband......how do I go about this? Both laptops have data on them.

Goldie01, Jun 8, 2020
Thema:

1. setting up my husbands new laptop - Similar Threads - setting husbands laptop

2. New laptop set up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New laptop set up: Hi I have just bought a laptop for my son, I am using my Microsoft account for 365 etc as am allowed 5 devices.The problem is all my information ie, one drive etc..So he can see bank details etc very private stuff. I don't want him seeing all this and want a empty laptop for...
  3. New laptop set up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New laptop set up: Hi I have just bought a laptop for my son, I am using my Microsoft account for 365 etc as am allowed 5 devices.The problem is all my information ie, one drive etc..So he can see bank details etc very private stuff. I don't want him seeing all this and want a empty laptop for...
  4. Setting up a new laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setting up a new laptop: Hello,I'm setting up a new laptop for the first time and don't want to bring any of my other linked computer apps or documents to it. When I log into my Microsoft account or OneDrive account it automatically connects the two. Is there a way to set it up independently under...
  5. setting up new laptop

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    setting up new laptop: hi. I have a windows 10 laptop that uses my Microsoft account and email. When my wife bought her laptop we set it up with my Microsoft account and added her email to it. Now we are buying her a new laptop with windows 11 and when we set it up, can she set it up with her own...
  6. setting up new laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    setting up new laptop: hi. I have a windows 10 laptop that uses my Microsoft account and email. When my wife bought her laptop we set it up with my Microsoft account and added her email to it. Now we are buying her a new laptop with windows 11 and when we set it up, can she set it up with her own...
  7. setting up new laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Set Up New Laptop

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Set Up New Laptop: When setting up new laptop, windows account is not recognised, when windows account entered into create account 'you cannot log in with work account' message is received? Other colleagues at same company do not have this issue....
  9. setting up new laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    setting up new laptop: i am trying to set up a new laptop and do not know how to get my pop.windstream settings to get onto my outlook existing account that is on my desktop...
  10. new laptop set up

in Windows 10 Customization
    new laptop set up: this is a brand new laptop . I don't want this laptop to be affected by the insider program my other laptops are . do I need to give this laptop a new windows account?...