Windows 10: Setting up my work desktop with my personal monitor for two screens side by side

Discus and support Setting up my work desktop with my personal monitor for two screens side by side in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm trying to connect my work desktop monitor to my personal desktop monitor with an HDMI cable so I can use two screens while working. Can you... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MichelePapaj, Mar 15, 2019.

1. Setting up my work desktop with my personal monitor for two screens side by side

I'm trying to connect my work desktop monitor to my personal desktop monitor with an HDMI cable so I can use two screens while working. Can you

please help me to set this up?

:)

MichelePapaj, Mar 15, 2019

2. Trouble with 2 monitors

Hi Tim,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to change the settings to Extended Monitor and check if it helps.

Please follow below steps:

• Right Click any ware of the Desktop, and launch Personalization.
    • Go to dual monitor settings under personalization, and change it Extended Monitor.
    Please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Mar 15, 2019
  3. Settings/Personalization

Hi,

We suggest that you follow the steps below to put your settings back to default and see if it helps.

• Right-click your mouse on your desktop.
    • Click on Personalize.
    • Select Colors.
    • Click on High contrast settings.
    • From the drop-down menu, select None.
    • Click Apply.
    • Reboot the PC for the changes to take effect.

Let us know the result.

Rafael Com, Mar 15, 2019
  4. Sasqui Win User

Setting up my work desktop with my personal monitor for two screens side by side

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Mar 15, 2019
Thema:

Setting up my work desktop with my personal monitor for two screens side by side

1. Setting up my work desktop with my personal monitor for two screens side by side - Similar Threads - Setting desktop personal

2. Two applications at startup on desktop side by side

in Windows 10 Customization
    Two applications at startup on desktop side by side: I have volunteers helping with operating a video system. I have two programs that I want to open at the startup of the windows desktop that are placed side by side after signing into windows. The two programs are not the same size and shape but I don't want them to overlap...
  3. Multiple monitors - portrait - side by side

Multiple monitors - portrait - side by side: When I set my two monitors into portrait mode and place them "side-by-side" which actually is "top-to-bottom", the desktop background picture looks fine, distributed across both monitors. But when I fire up something like Youtube, my browser only shows on one monitor, and...
  4. Side by Side screen

Side by Side screen: I am trying to have two screens open at the same time and can't seem to do it. Do all apps allow this feature? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/side-by-side-screen/9a4fc7a4-6fb2-4247-bba4-b55259499fdc
  5. Two Sided Printing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Two Sided Printing: Ever since purchasing a WIN10 computer my HP LaserJet Pro 400 no longer prints two sided. The option is available in the printing APP but does not print two sided after selection. any ideas on fix? Thanks...
  6. The left side of my screen is off of the monitor.

The left side of my screen is off of the monitor.: I cannot see the left side of my screen, it extends beyond my monitor. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-left-side-of-my-screen-is-off-of-the-monitor/ec983493-090d-4257-ae00-4da2ecb3d025
  7. two side printing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    two side printing: How do you get out of print both side command https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/two-side-printing/7f6682d9-cd59-43d1-bad3-3d5f7416706f
  8. Arranging two windows side by side

in Windows 10 Support
    Arranging two windows side by side: Windows 10 v1903 64bit.I`m having a problem trying to arrange two windows side by side,I need to do this to be able to drag and drop files from one to the other.I select the two windows I need but one just replaces the other. I never had this problem with previous versions of...
  9. Right side of desktop screen doesn't work

Right side of desktop screen doesn't work: So this one hard to explain but will try to. So anytime I turn my computer on it has it where on the right side of my desktop or the screen like a quarter, it has it where anything i try to select doesn't work so can't select like the close for a tab or so. Now I notice...
  10. Setting Up "Two Sides" Of PC For 2 Users ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Setting Up "Two Sides" Of PC For 2 Users ?: Hello I should have stuck with W7. Here's what I want to do. a. I want to eliminate the need for any and all Passwords. Particularly for sign ins. I clicked on the Start icon, did the R in it, and then entered: netplwiz I can't seem to do it from what come up;...