Windows 10: Setting Up Network on new HP Laptop

Discus and support Setting Up Network on new HP Laptop in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I try to network between two computers, I get a message saying I don't have permission to access the other computer where I am also the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by L. J Conner, Jun 30, 2020.

1. Setting Up Network on new HP Laptop

When I try to network between two computers, I get a message saying I don't have permission to access the other computer where I am also the Administrator. What do I need to do?

:)

L. J Conner, Jun 30, 2020

2. Cortana hangs on setting up a new HP 15t Laptop

I just received my HP 15t Laptop today and was following the Cortana setup screens. I got the latest updates, connected to my WiFi and created a PIN. When it came time to set up One Drive, Cortana hangs up. It will not proceed to the next step. I
    have powered down and restarted the set up process, but regardless if I choose One Drive, or store to my local drive - Cortana hangs.

I can do NOTHING until this is resolved. I can't escape or ctrl-alt-delete out of Cortana, so my new laptop is completely non functional.

Suggestions?

GB

GaryBorders, Jun 30, 2020
  3. Laptop won't show list of available networks

We suggest checking the list of available Wi-Fi networks on your laptop.

Please follow these steps:

• Click the Windows logo.
    • Go to Settings (gear icon).
    • Select Network and Internet.
    • Then Wi-Fi.
    • Make sure the Wi-Fi radio button is On.
    • Select Show available networks, then you'll be able to see the list of available Wi-Fi networks.

Update us with the outcome so we provide further assistance.

Robert Caw, Jun 30, 2020
  4. Jon Cage Win User

Setting Up Network on new HP Laptop

Is it possible to set up a new manual wifi connection from the command line?

I'm trying to work out a solution to set up ad-hock wifi connections in Windows 8.1 based on the suggestions in a post on Micsrosoft's answers site. Is there any way to do the first few steps:

• go to "Network and Sharing Center"
    • click "Set up a new connection or network"
    • double click "Manually connect to a wireless network"
    • enter the SSID of the ad-hoc network (as shown by "netsh wlan show networks") into the "Network name" field
    • configure security settings accordingly
    • uncheck "Start this connection automatically" (important)

...without using the windows dialogs?

Jon Cage, Jun 30, 2020
Thema:

Setting Up Network on new HP Laptop

1. Setting Up Network on new HP Laptop - Similar Threads - Setting Network Laptop

2. New laptop set up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New laptop set up: Hi I have just bought a laptop for my son, I am using my Microsoft account for 365 etc as am allowed 5 devices.The problem is all my information ie, one drive etc..So he can see bank details etc very private stuff. I don't want him seeing all this and want a empty laptop for...
  3. setting up new laptop

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    setting up new laptop: hi. I have a windows 10 laptop that uses my Microsoft account and email. When my wife bought her laptop we set it up with my Microsoft account and added her email to it. Now we are buying her a new laptop with windows 11 and when we set it up, can she set it up with her own...
  4. setting up new laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    setting up new laptop: hi. I have a windows 10 laptop that uses my Microsoft account and email. When my wife bought her laptop we set it up with my Microsoft account and added her email to it. Now we are buying her a new laptop with windows 11 and when we set it up, can she set it up with her own...
  5. setting up new laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. New HP Laptop set up = Taskbar. Help Please!

in Windows 10 Support
    New HP Laptop set up = Taskbar. Help Please!: Hello Have just got and set up a new Windows laptop and copied everyyhing from my old Acer and all ok except for tyhe taskbar at bottom of screen, On my old laptop I had a language icon in the taskbar which showed EN and when I wanted to type in Greek I toggled it to EL There...
  7. Set Up New Laptop

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Set Up New Laptop: When setting up new laptop, windows account is not recognised, when windows account entered into create account 'you cannot log in with work account' message is received? Other colleagues at same company do not have this issue....
  8. Set up - new (HP) laptop

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Set up - new (HP) laptop: I have started to set up my new laptop but am now stuck on the 'verify your identity' page. I have not used my Microsoft account fo ages and had forgotten my password. I asked for a security code to be sent to my phone. It did not arrive. The screen now shows the message:...
  9. setting up new laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    setting up new laptop: i am trying to set up a new laptop and do not know how to get my pop.windstream settings to get onto my outlook existing account that is on my desktop...
  10. new laptop set up

in Windows 10 Customization
    new laptop set up: this is a brand new laptop . I don't want this laptop to be affected by the insider program my other laptops are . do I need to give this laptop a new windows account?...