Windows 10: Setting up new computer with Windows 10 - my user name is truncated

Discus and support Setting up new computer with Windows 10 - my user name is truncated in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; This problem has been asked on this forum several times, and none of the suggested responses have worked. Ludicrous that this bug is 3 years old with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Theresa Z, Dec 31, 2018.

1. Theresa Z Win User

Setting up new computer with Windows 10 - my user name is truncated

This problem has been asked on this forum several times, and none of the suggested responses have worked. Ludicrous that this bug is 3 years old with no clean solution. My computer provided 'there' as my user name, which is a truncated version of my first name. Can't change it. Have spent hours setting up my computer so I don't want to sweep it clean just to get the user name right. It never asked me what I wanted it to be!!!!

:)

Theresa Z, Dec 31, 2018
  2. Theresa Z Win User

This problem has been asked on this forum several times, and none of the suggested responses have worked. Ludicrous that this bug is 3 years old with no clean solution. My computer provided 'there' as my user name, which is a truncated version of my first
    name. Can't change it. Have spent hours setting up my computer so I don't want to sweep it clean just to get the user name right. It never asked me what I wanted it to be!!!!

Theresa Z, Jan 10, 2020
  3. 'Mike P Win User

I always set the new accounts up as local non microsoft accounts just so I can have a login name I want so its simple to path the users/name without thinking. Can always change it to a microsoft account after its initial setup.

Control Panels / User accounts you can change the name that appears but the path name will remain the truncated microsoft email name.

'Mike P, Jan 10, 2020
  4. WarningU2 Win User

User folder name truncated

I am in the process of setting up my wife's new laptop with windows 10 and I was surprised when I saw the user folder name was truncated from denise to denis. She hates being called denis. Please fix this bug

WarningU2, Jan 10, 2020
Thema:

1. Setting up new computer with Windows 10 - my user name is truncated - Similar Threads - Setting computer user

2. Setting up a used computer for a new user

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Setting up a used computer for a new user: My father gave me his computer primarily for my son's use.He has it backed up to his OneDrive but doesn't want me to delete anything at this point, just in case.I need to make myself an administrator and create a user for my son that I can put time limits on.How do I do this?...
  3. Setting up a used computer for a new user

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setting up a used computer for a new user: My father gave me his computer primarily for my son's use.He has it backed up to his OneDrive but doesn't want me to delete anything at this point, just in case.I need to make myself an administrator and create a user for my son that I can put time limits on.How do I do this?...
  4. Setting up a used computer for a new user

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. setting up a user on a new computer for work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    setting up a user on a new computer for work: I am setting up a new computer for our small charity. We have MS 365... I wanted to set it up with one of the users we have through MS 365.... but Windows will not allow a work user to be the first user... so I set up with my personal account. I then went to add a work...
  6. Truncated user name Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Truncated user name Windows 11: I know this issue has been addressed previously and nothing seems to not work right or is too difficult to understand.Because I entered my outlook email address when I installed Win 11 it truncated my name which makes it ogpis. 1. I created a local account Steven T with admin...
  7. Truncated user name Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Truncated user name Windows 11: I know this issue has been addressed previously and nothing seems to not work right or is too difficult to understand.Because I entered my outlook email address when I installed Win 11 it truncated my name which makes it ogpis. 1. I created a local account Steven T with admin...
  8. User Name Truncated

in Windows 10 Customization
    User Name Truncated: I just bought a new computer with Windows 10 loaded. I signed in with my email address *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. My folder is now called \user\itsmy and, truncated, it's really odd and annoying to see it truncated down to 5 characters. I am seeing some...
  9. User name got truncated

in Windows 10 Customization
    User name got truncated: When I was setting up my new Win 10 computer I was asked to enter my user name. Supposed to be campingshadow. But when I was entering it I got as far as campi and accidentally hit the enter key. Now my user name is set as campi. HOW do I fix this? When I go in and try to...
  10. Admin user directory truncated name!!

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Admin user directory truncated name!!: I've got my Win10 user account info displayed, it's an admin account and there is my outlook email account attached. When I drill down to my user directory in file explorer under users the directory name is my first name truncated. So for example if the admin account was...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 C:\Users\ name is truncted