Windows 10: Setting up new computers with exiting office 365 business users

Discus and support Setting up new computers with exiting office 365 business users in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I bought new laptops for our small org. We have office 365 log ins. Why won't microsoft recognise those accounts to let me set up the laptops? I then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by kirstyVEN, Mar 20, 2020.

1. kirstyVEN Win User

Setting up new computers with exiting office 365 business users

I bought new laptops for our small org. We have office 365 log ins. Why won't microsoft recognise those accounts to let me set up the laptops? I then set it up with a phone number but it still won't let me add those org office 365 accounts as users. Help please and why is microsft making this so hard?

:)

kirstyVEN, Mar 20, 2020

2. Recommended User Setup on a new Windows 10 Pro PC for Office 365 Business user with no other email address.

What is the recommended way to set up a user on a new Windows 10 Pro PC when that user has only one email address and that address is an Office 365 Business Premium address?

1. Set up a Microsoft Account with an email address that the user will only use for login purposes and then add a Work Account with the Office 365 email.

2. Set up a Local Account on the PC for the user to login and then add a Work Account with the Office 365 email.

3. Set up a Microsoft Account with the Office 365 email address and then add a Work Account with the same Office 365 email.

What are the Pros and Cons of the above options and is there any way to set the PC up with the Work Account as the only account on the PC?

Ralph Jacob, Mar 20, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Access now included in Office 365 Business and Business Premium

Source: Microsoft Access now included in Office 365 Business and Business Premium with new enhancements - Office Blogs

Brink, Mar 20, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Introducing Office 365 business apps

Source: Grow your small business with business apps from Office 365 Office Blogs

See also: Announcing General Availability of Microsoft 365 Business apps Office - Windows 10 Forums

Brink, Mar 20, 2020
Thema:

1. Setting up new computers with exiting office 365 business users - Similar Threads - Setting computers exiting

2. Office 365 For Business Standard

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office 365 For Business Standard: Hello, I have been a follower of this forum for years and this is my first post. I am attempting to install Office 365 Business Standard (AKA Microsoft 365 Business standard) on a Windows 10 Computer for a Not for Profit. We bought the license and followed the instructions to...
  3. Sharepoint & Onedrive still setting up in Office 365 Business

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sharepoint & Onedrive still setting up in Office 365 Business: Hello there, We already posted a ticket, though it was not that usefull, so I'm asking this question here directly. We're a small company, trying to set-up O365 business for all. So far everything went smoothly, though Onedrive and Sharepoint is still not set-up, even after...
  4. Office 365 business essentials

Office 365 business essentials: Hello, I have purchased the business essentials. So i can control my own mail domain stuff. But the big question for me is why is there not office included in the package. Is it something i can add to it? 140001
  5. Recommended User Setup on a new Windows 10 Pro PC for Office 365 Business user with no...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recommended User Setup on a new Windows 10 Pro PC for Office 365 Business user with no...: What is the recommended way to set up a user on a new Windows 10 Pro PC when that user has only one email address and that address is an Office 365 Business Premium address? 1. Set up a Microsoft Account with an email address that the user will only use for login purposes...
  6. Great difficulty in setting up 365 business on a new laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Great difficulty in setting up 365 business on a new laptop: Hi I am getting all sorts of error messages including `The latest feature update to Windows is ready to install! It's been waiting for you to kick it off. These improvements help Windows run smoothly and securely. Select this option to kick it off:- How do I kick it off?...
  7. Ninja Guide to Office 365 for Business

Ninja Guide to Office 365 for Business: This was called to my attention on Yammer and I thought I'd share with other O365 for Business. http://www.365ninja.com/wp-content/u...Mat6w7gKWxc%3D 45229
  8. Configure users with Office 365 Business and Personal on same system

Configure users with Office 365 Business and Personal on same system: I have a few cases where a company employee already has their own paid subscription to Office 365 Personal on their laptops but they need to have the copy of Office 365 Small Business Premium that is linked to their company email account in order to have access to all the...
  9. How to set up Office 365 Business Premium & Private Accts in Win 10?

How to set up Office 365 Business Premium & Private Accts in Win 10?: It's got to be obvious, but I can't seem to find how to set up separate log ins for personal and Office 365 Business Premium/work accounts in Windows 10 on my notebook - presuming that is it's a sensible way to set up access. Each account is set up so that it has it's own...
  10. Introducing Office 365 business apps

in Windows 10 News
    Introducing Office 365 business apps: Today, we announced that Microsoft Connections, Microsoft Listings, Microsoft Invoicing, and the Office 365 Business center are now generally available as part of Microsoft 365 Business and Office 365 Business Premium. The new apps are rolling out to customers in the U.S.,...