Windows 10: Setting up new laptop for first time

Discus and support Setting up new laptop for first time in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi.I have a new asus vivobook...with spanish keyboard as I live in Spain. I think I chose spain as the región I live during the setting up process, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by LorraineTurnbull1, Jun 15, 2021.

1. Setting up new laptop for first time

Hi.I have a new asus vivobook...with spanish keyboard as I live in Spain. I think I chose spain as the región I live during the setting up process, and english language. It connected to Wifi I think now at stage of singing in to Microsoft account. I can't use @ sign to add my email..so can't progress, or return to reset my región or language. I've tried Alt ,2 and Alt gr , 2....and many other variations!!!! Have I confused it. I would like to start again. Should I choose spain as región and english as language. Just returning to the beginning would be helpfulThanks

:)

LorraineTurnbull1, Jun 15, 2021

2. Times new roman bold font

To further isolate the concern, we suggest that you restore default settings and check if it helps. See steps below:

• Press the Windows key + X, and then click on Control
      Panel.
    • Change the View by to large/small
      icons, and then click on Fonts.
    • On the left pane, click on Font settings.
    • Under Font settings, click on Restore default font settings.

If restoring the default font settings does not bring back the Times New Roman Regular font, we suggest that if you have another computer with Windows 10, you can copy the Times New Roman Regular font into your PC's Font folder.

Patricia Yu, Jun 15, 2021
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jun 15, 2021
  4. Setting up new laptop for first time

Fluctuating Time Zone Setting

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

I would suggest you to check if the values for “set time automatically” and “set time zone automatically” under Date and Time settings are “ON”. If not, then suggest you to make the vale to “ON” and check for the status.

If the issue still persists, follow the steps provided below:

• Press Windows key + R, type services.msc and press Enter.
    • Locate Windows Time from the list and double click on the service.
    • In Genereal tab, set the Startup type to Automatic.
    • Click on Apply and OK.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jun 15, 2021
Thema:

Setting up new laptop for first time

1. Setting up new laptop for first time - Similar Threads - Setting laptop

2. Issues setting up new laptop windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues setting up new laptop windows 11: Im setting up my new lapbook S15 512GB i am stuck on ‘let microsoft and apps use your location’ i am unable to click on yes or no and accept is greyed out. Please advise as i am unable to continue set up...
  3. Issues setting up new laptop windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issues setting up new laptop windows 11: Im setting up my new lapbook S15 512GB i am stuck on ‘let microsoft and apps use your location’ i am unable to click on yes or no and accept is greyed out. Please advise as i am unable to continue set up...
  4. in my laptop there is no showing the search highlights but i enabled in the settings and i...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    in my laptop there is no showing the search highlights but i enabled in the settings and i...: can anyone help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/in-my-laptop-there-is-no-showing-the-search/6a886431-8cae-4343-b2fa-d9c79d5ccd21
  5. in my laptop there is no showing the search highlights but i enabled in the settings and i...

in my laptop there is no showing the search highlights but i enabled in the settings and i...: can anyone help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/in-my-laptop-there-is-no-showing-the-search/6a886431-8cae-4343-b2fa-d9c79d5ccd21
  6. Beginner how set back to previous windows os build when first unpack the laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Beginner how set back to previous windows os build when first unpack the laptop: Beginner how set back to previous windows os build and assorted state when first unpack the laptopI'll spend about £300 pounds on new laptop and starting updating think it upgraded the windows os build number and I'm trying to retrieve old windows os build number and...
  7. Beginner how set back to previous windows os build when first unpack the laptop

Beginner how set back to previous windows os build when first unpack the laptop: Beginner how set back to previous windows os build and assorted state when first unpack the laptopI'll spend about £300 pounds on new laptop and starting updating think it upgraded the windows os build number and I'm trying to retrieve old windows os build number and...
  8. Beginner how set back to previous ios build when first unpack the laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Beginner how set back to previous ios build when first unpack the laptop: Beginner how set back to previous os build and assorted state when first unpack the laptopI'll spend about £300 pounds on laptop and it doesn't simpifiy the mess im am in.The os build i had and lost is window 11 home and os build 10.0.22621.1555I always was using local...
  9. Beginner how set back to previous ios build when first unpack the laptop

Beginner how set back to previous ios build when first unpack the laptop: Beginner how set back to previous os build and assorted state when first unpack the laptopI'll spend about £300 pounds on laptop and it doesn't simpifiy the mess im am in.The os build i had and lost is window 11 home and os build 10.0.22621.1555I always was using local...
  10. Beginner how set back to previous ios build and assorted state when first unpack the laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Beginner how set back to previous ios build and assorted state when first unpack the laptop: Beginner how set back to previous ios build and assorted state when first unpack the laptopI'll spend about £300 pounds on laptop and it doesn't simpifiy the mess im am in.I always was using local account to not mendle the state of layout and screen wallpaper given to me when...