Windows 10: Setting up new PC and it says I need to activate windows

Discus and support Setting up new PC and it says I need to activate windows in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; It says I need a product key for Windows even though I installed it from another windows device I had. Do I need to buy windows? Help plz submitted by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/xX_m1L3s_Xx, Jan 26, 2020.

1. Setting up new PC and it says I need to activate windows

It says I need a product key for Windows even though I installed it from another windows device I had. Do I need to buy windows? Help plz

submitted by /u/xX_m1L3s_Xx
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/xX_m1L3s_Xx, Jan 26, 2020

2. Receiving a message saying go to settings to activate Windows.

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

The issue is being caused due to an significant hardware change in the computer.

For further assistance on the issue, suggest you to contact our support team.

Refer the section "Activating Windows 10 after a significant hardware change" and click on
    support for further assistance.
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/activation-in-windows-10

If the above steps doesn’t work for you than follow the below step of phone activation.

I suggest you to use the phone activation option and check if it help to resolve the issue. Follow the below provided information:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Run

• Type slui 4 in the box and hit Enter Key.

• Select your 'Country' from the list.

• Choose the 'Phone Activation' option.

• Stay on the phone and wait for a person to help you.

• And also you can explain your problem clearly to the support person.

Let us know if this helps.
    Keep us posted for further assistance, we are here to assist you.

Akheel Ahmed, Jan 26, 2020
  3. mshimala Win User
    Windows saying not activated after motherboard upgrade

Hi,

I recently upgraded some PC parts (new motherboard, RAM, processor, video card) and ever since then I have a watermark in the bottom right of my display reading "Activate Windows - Go to Settings to activate Windows."

I took advantage of the free upgrade to Windows 10 back when they were allowing Windows 8 users to upgrade to Windows 10. I don't remember receiving an activation key during this upgrade.

I've read online that installing a new motherboard can occasionally cause issues with OS activation. How can I reactivate my Windows without having to purchase Windows 10.

Some things to note:
    • This watermark was not there prior to installing the new motherboard
    • As some places (and a Microsoft Tech Support member) suggested, typing the query "wmic path softwarelicensingservice get OA3xOriginalProductKey" into CMD just returns with "OA3xOriginalProductKey". The Microsoft Support member seemed confused by this and said there was nothing further she could do.

Thanks!

mshimala, Jan 26, 2020
  4. Setting up new PC and it says I need to activate windows

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jan 26, 2020
Thema:

Setting up new PC and it says I need to activate windows

1. Setting up new PC and it says I need to activate windows - Similar Threads - Setting says need

2. Windows is activated, but it keeps saying that I need to activate it.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows is activated, but it keeps saying that I need to activate it.: Apparently, a message keeps popping up saying that I need to activate windows and there are two options; Cancel or Go to settings.Whenever I click "Go to settings" it shows that windows is already activated.I searched for a solution and that is to run the activation...
  3. Windows is activated, but it keeps saying that I need to activate it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows is activated, but it keeps saying that I need to activate it.: Apparently, a message keeps popping up saying that I need to activate windows and there are two options; Cancel or Go to settings.Whenever I click "Go to settings" it shows that windows is already activated.I searched for a solution and that is to run the activation...
  4. Windows is activated, but it keeps saying that I need to activate it.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Setting up a new PC!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Setting up a new PC!: Hi again, is changing stuff to a new PC very daunting? I have had my Lenovo laptop about 7 years now, I am thinking of buying a new one maybe Desktop this time. Am I right in saying because I have a Microsoft account it is pretty straightforward? I sync most things to...
  6. Setting up a new PC!

Setting up a new PC!: Hi again, is changing stuff to a new PC very daunting? I have had my Lenovo laptop about 7 years now, I am thinking of buying a new one maybe Desktop this time. Am I right in saying because I have a Microsoft account it is pretty straightforward? I sync most things to...
  7. I need help with setting up Windows on a new laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help with setting up Windows on a new laptop: I recently bought two 2022 Newest HP Stream 14" HD Intel Celeron laptop computers as gifts for two friends. Neither one of them are tech savvy. I live in New Mexico and my friends live in California, so I can’t offer any in-person help. I told them NOT to do anything with...
  8. I need help with setting up Windows on a new laptop

I need help with setting up Windows on a new laptop: I recently bought two 2022 Newest HP Stream 14" HD Intel Celeron laptop computers as gifts for two friends. Neither one of them are tech savvy. I live in New Mexico and my friends live in California, so I can’t offer any in-person help. I told them NOT to do anything with...
  9. New PC set up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New PC set up: While setting up a new PC the screen reduced itself to a small box in the center of the screen. How can I restore it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-pc-set-up/235b124e-3c36-4449-b0fd-98537f1a68c9
  10. setting up a new pc

in Windows 10 Customization
    setting up a new pc: Setting up a new pc when i entered my account and password it just stays on the account tab saying just a moment. what can i do to move on setting up my PC?...