Windows 10: Setting up New User "Settings" problem

Discus and support Setting up New User "Settings" problem in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I am trying to set up an account for my wife on my laptop in Windows 10. I go to "Control Panel\User Accounts\User Accounts\Manage Accounts" I click... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by VillageIdiot, Aug 30, 2018.

1. Setting up New User "Settings" problem

I am trying to set up an account for my wife on my laptop in Windows 10.

I go to "Control Panel\User Accounts\User Accounts\Manage Accounts"

I click on "Add a new user in PC settings"

This opens a window "Settings"

Under "Home", I am supposed to "Find a setting"

That's the problem. I am clueless about what setting I'm supposed to find.

Any ideas?

Is there a way to use the "new user" without signing in with a Microsoft account. If so, how do I do that?

:)

VillageIdiot, Aug 30, 2018

2. Sound card amplification settings

Yeah unfortunately ASUS and Realtek are not stepping up and fixing this it seems. Wherever I see such problems mentioned on forums some users are suggesting just uninstalling the Realtek driver and using the Windows audio driver.

Frag Maniac, Aug 30, 2018
  3. angus Win User
    Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Aug 30, 2018
  4. Setting up New User "Settings" problem

User Account Settings

Hello,

To better help you with your concern, kindly provide us the following:

• Screenshot of the User Account Settings that you are trying to access.
    • Steps that you have done with the registry.
    Looking forward to your response.

Jamille Nar, Aug 30, 2018
Thema:

Setting up New User "Settings" problem

1. Setting up New User "Settings" problem - Similar Threads - Setting User Settings

2. Setting up a used computer for a new user

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Setting up a used computer for a new user: My father gave me his computer primarily for my son's use.He has it backed up to his OneDrive but doesn't want me to delete anything at this point, just in case.I need to make myself an administrator and create a user for my son that I can put time limits on.How do I do this?...
  3. Setting up a used computer for a new user

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setting up a used computer for a new user: My father gave me his computer primarily for my son's use.He has it backed up to his OneDrive but doesn't want me to delete anything at this point, just in case.I need to make myself an administrator and create a user for my son that I can put time limits on.How do I do this?...
  4. Setting up a used computer for a new user

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. setting up a user on a new computer for work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    setting up a user on a new computer for work: I am setting up a new computer for our small charity. We have MS 365... I wanted to set it up with one of the users we have through MS 365.... but Windows will not allow a work user to be the first user... so I set up with my personal account. I then went to add a work...
  6. setting up a user on a new computer for work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    setting up a user on a new computer for work: I am setting up a new computer for our small charity. We have MS 365... I wanted to set it up with one of the users we have through MS 365.... but Windows will not allow a work user to be the first user... so I set up with my personal account. I then went to add a work...
  7. Set up guest user

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Set up guest user: How do I set up a guest user that has access to programs on my computer, but not my personal files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/set-up-guest-user/fe8c5af1-f430-4967-acd2-836d33d2ebeb
  8. Setting up User Accounts

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Setting up User Accounts: Hi, I'm a new refugee from Windows 7, with not much computer knowledge. On W7 I had one admin account and one user account, so that I could use the latter for daily use and just go admin for downloads and backups. I'd like to do the same with W10, but this new system with...
  9. Setting up Problem for new laptap

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Setting up Problem for new laptap: Hi i just bought the Chuwi Hero book 14.1 , and i am currently trying to set up the windows and Microsoft but when i continue to create a pin it just keep loading after i click create pin and saying just a moment. Ive been waiting for hours now and still the same. Hope you...
  10. Cannot set up new user

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot set up new user: I recently bought a Lenovo laptop that came preinstalled with Windows 10. Went through the set up process, using an admin login that was not a Microsoft account. Several folks need to use this computer and when I try to set up a new user, first I get a black box with nothing...