Windows 10: setting up of the keyboard to use fn f1-f12

Discus and support setting up of the keyboard to use fn f1-f12 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; i can't a way to set up the keyboard to fn f1-f12... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by khzzkhttt, Jul 28, 2020.

1. khzzkhttt Win User

setting up of the keyboard to use fn f1-f12

i can't a way to set up the keyboard to fn f1-f12

:)

khzzkhttt, Jul 28, 2020

2. How To Disable Fn key for F1-F12?

Dear Microsoft,

I just brought the Designer Bluetooth Keyboard . And i using Window 10. Is there any way i can disable the FN key for F1-F12? Its very troublesome for me to keep on using the Fn key. Where i use to normal keyboard.

Jeffrey Ng

JeffreyNgChenHow, Jul 28, 2020
  3. T. Bishop Win User
    Using F1 - F12 Keys on Universal Folding Keyboard

OS: Windows 10 (all updates and patches run as of 5:00PM EDT 9/3/2015)

Device: Microsoft Universal Foldable Keyboard

I almost didn't buy the MUFK because it lacked F1 - F12 markings on any of the keys, and I could find no documentation regarding the functionality of the Fn key.

Based on trial and error, I am please to report MUFK
    DOES support F1 - F12 in Windows mode.

A couple of pointers. First, when pairing MUFK to a Windows device, make sure the Windows OS is selected (follow the diagram inside the box lid). It can be paired to a Windows device using one of the other OS settings, but you won't get F key functionality.

Second, the F keys map to the numeral keys, with three exceptions. 1 is F1 with Fn key pressed; same is true through F9. 0 is F10. - (hyphen) is F11, and = is F12.

I'm going to add a suggestion to the Feedback area that this be explained in some official Microsoft documentation or support page.

T. Bishop, Jul 28, 2020
  4. setting up of the keyboard to use fn f1-f12

Using F1 - F12 Keys on Universal Folding Keyboard

Thank you for the information. It was unbelievable to me that I had searched and asked MS. Two ?? In a Nordic keyset do you think the two keys to right of 0 F11 and F12, also do these keys work in Office Mobile apps with Windows 10

Michael Andrew Norge, Jul 28, 2020
Thema:

setting up of the keyboard to use fn f1-f12

1. setting up of the keyboard to use fn f1-f12 - Similar Threads - setting keyboard f12

2. F1 to F12 keys are not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    F1 to F12 keys are not working: I have a dell letitude E7450 laptop. I have a minor issue with the laptop that my any F key is not working properly. all keys are properly working no any hardware issue but the issue is that when I press any F4 key my mic turns off but when I press Alt+F4 power menu does not...
  3. laptop f1 - f12 keys not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    laptop f1 - f12 keys not working: my function keys on my laptop are not working properly. my f5 is for keyboard lighting, but works as refreshing a webpage or windows screen. I've tried updating drivers, restarting multiple times, nothing seems to work. can anyone suggest a solution to this problem please....
  4. Disable FN keys so they work as normal F1-F12 keys

Disable FN keys so they work as normal F1-F12 keys: Hello. I have the new Microsoft Bluetooth Desktop Keyboard and Mouse. I play games and need my F1-F12 keys. Currently I have to press FN then the F1-12 keys to get what I want. This can be a headache as playing a game is time sensetive. I trtied pressing FN key does not...
  5. Teclas función f1 a f12 no funcionan

Teclas función f1 a f12 no funcionan: Pues eso.. no estoy utilizando una laptop sino un desktop. Al principio cuando inicio sesión en la PC las teclas funcionan perfecto, actualiza con F5, puedo cerrar con ALT-F4 pero pasado unos cuantos segundos dejan de funcionar, justo suena el sonido de que se ha conectado...
  6. f1-f12 hotkeys

f1-f12 hotkeys: I have an HP Pavilion laptop with a Windows 10 operating system. I've been trying to disable the f1 through f12 hotkeys so I can use them to play Minecraft, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to do it. I've tried searching for gpedit in my search bar but nothing...
  7. F1-F12 funtion keys are not working.

F1-F12 funtion keys are not working.: Dell Inspirion LT, WIN 10 Home 64bit Ver 1909. Anyone had this issue? HELP please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/f1-f12-funtion-keys-are-not-working/544ce7be-fcdd-4a59-b24f-f8da6e06ca2b
  8. Need help disabling F1 thru F12 keys to regular f1 to f12 instead of volume up or...

Need help disabling F1 thru F12 keys to regular f1 to f12 instead of volume up or...: Please Help I have tried everything including gpedit.msc but i just want to use F1-F12 keys for gaming, but its only works when i press fn key I cannot maintain playing video game and press fn key everytime....
  9. FN + f1-f12 keycombination not working properly as media keys

FN + f1-f12 keycombination not working properly as media keys: I've had this problem since i updated to the last version of windows. what i expect the keys to do is when i press the combination FN + f7 the music in spotify plays or pauses but when i have any form of media on chrome open for example a youtube video, i plays/pauses that...
  10. Fn key and F1-F12 keys

Fn key and F1-F12 keys: 1. Previous versions of Win 10 and Office 365 allowed me to make keyboard shortcuts eg F2 = â, F2+Shift = ä, F2+Ctrl = é ... and F3 = ê, F2=Shift = ë etc. Currently the F1 - F12 keys are useless except for the functions showed by symbols (Sleep, Airplane mode on/off, etc)...