Windows 10: Setting up Onedrive on a laptop

Discus and support Setting up Onedrive on a laptop in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a desktop computer running Office 365 in Win 11. I am trying to set up a laptop also running Win 11 and authorized to run Office 365. I don't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JackYoung5, Sep 27, 2022.

1. Setting up Onedrive on a laptop

I have a desktop computer running Office 365 in Win 11. I am trying to set up a laptop also running Win 11 and authorized to run Office 365. I don't need to see everything on my desktop computer on my laptop. I want to be able to pick and choose which folders and icons show up on the laptop. Right now the two computers are synched and all the icons from the desktops two screens are packed onto the single screen of the laptop. Please tell me how to synch the two computers but only display some of the icons from the desktop on the laptop.

:)

JackYoung5, Sep 27, 2022

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Sep 27, 2022
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Sep 27, 2022
  4. Setting up Onedrive on a laptop

OneDrive folder icon changed to plain

Hi,

Thank you for replying.

I understand your concern and suggest you to Unlink OneDrive and run OneDrive setup
    again and check. Here is the steps:

• Right-click the white OneDrive cloud icon in the notification area, at the far right of the taskbar.

Setting up Onedrive on a laptop ce960e20-2ea4-4298-8ec8-8399b1b20e20.png

(You might need to click the Show hidden icons arrow next to the notification area to see the
      OneDrive icon.)

• Click Settings, and then click Unlink.

• Follow the steps in the Welcome to OneDrive wizard to set up OneDrive.
    Do notify us if the issue still persists and we'll be glad to help.

Navneet Anand, Sep 27, 2022
Thema:

Setting up Onedrive on a laptop

1. Setting up Onedrive on a laptop - Similar Threads - Setting Onedrive laptop

2. Laptop set up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop set up: I just bought a laptop and I am trying to set it up.I started the set up and everything went fine until I connected to wifi. I am now stuck at the "Checking connection to Microsoft. This may take some time" and then when it goes off it goes back to the “let’s connect you to a...
  3. Laptop set up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop set up: I just bought a laptop and I am trying to set it up.I started the set up and everything went fine until I connected to wifi. I am now stuck at the "Checking connection to Microsoft. This may take some time" and then when it goes off it goes back to the “let’s connect you to a...
  4. Setting up Onedrive on a laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setting up Onedrive on a laptop: I have a desktop computer running Office 365 in Win 11. I am trying to set up a laptop also running Win 11 and authorized to run Office 365. I don't need to see everything on my desktop computer on my laptop. I want to be able to pick and choose which folders and icons show...
  5. Setting up a laptop in a way that allows necessary control of the oneDrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Setting up a laptop in a way that allows necessary control of the oneDrive: First I'll explain what should not have happened when I recently set up a laptop, and then I'll explain what should have. When I set up my new laptop, Microsoft made some blunders that cost me dearly. Specifically, they: Decided without consulting me whether I even...
  6. Setting up laptop

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Setting up laptop: In error i used my Microsoft account details when setting up my husband’s new laptop - so it now thinks it’s mine - with my name as the administrator and account holder. How do I change that to his name as administrator - I don’t think he’s got a Microsoft account as his old...
  7. Setting up OneDrive

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Setting up OneDrive: Since the largest Microsoft Window's 10 update, OneDrive has stopped working. In order to set it up, I'm suppose to use my email address which I created using one of the many well known ones. I even tried using one email account that I have used for years and nothing...
  8. New laptop OneDrive settings

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New laptop OneDrive settings: Hi, I recently bought a new laptop and tried to move the data from my old laptop to the new one. I did that manually, i.e. without using OneDrive or any program for migrating data. I saved the old data on an external drive and tried to drag the data simply to the documents...
  9. "Set up OneDrive"

"Set up OneDrive": In the 'Windows Defender Security Center" program, "Security at a glance"....The 'Virus & threat protection' show an exclamation mark (!). Then below "Set up OneDrive" in a gray box. If I click in the gray box it just opens my folder in OneDrive. I have access to...
  10. Setting up OneDrive correctly on a PC...

Setting up OneDrive correctly on a PC...: For some time, I have been using OneDrive on my 'phone (successfully, but limited to only a few files and photos). I've now tried to set it up on my Laptop, with a view to linking and uploading all my files - Documents, Pictures etc. However, in the setup 'wizard', I'm...