Windows 10: Setting up Outlook in O365

Discus and support Setting up Outlook in O365 in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Wi 10 in both cases. I have recently started installing O365 on customers computers. The two so far when setting up Outlook I get the dreaded... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by utsbrodie, Oct 20, 2020.

1. utsbrodie Win User

Setting up Outlook in O365

Wi 10 in both cases.

I have recently started installing O365 on customers computers. The two so far when setting up Outlook I get the dreaded "something went wrong in setting up your account" or words to that effect. I then resorted to manually setting up a IMAP account and all seems to be working OK. Is this normal? and what is the correct procedure to set up Outlook, apart from following the prompts?

Cheers,

:)

utsbrodie, Oct 20, 2020
  2. utsbrodie Win User

Wi 10 in both cases.

I have recently started installing O365 on customers computers. The two so far when setting up Outlook I get the dreaded "something went wrong in setting up your account" or words to that effect. I then resorted to manually setting up a IMAP account and all seems to be working OK. Is this normal? and what is the correct procedure to set up Outlook, apart from following the prompts?

Cheers,

utsbrodie, Oct 20, 2020
  3. Import Outlook .pst files into O365 Outlook

Hi all,

I have just updated my W8.1 to W10 and discovered that the Mail app in W10 cannot import outlook .pst files or contacts,

My old version of W8.1 is gone and I no longer have access to Outlook, all i have is the backup .pst files

If I go down the path of buying O365 with Outlook, will I be able import those files into O365 outlook?

DavidSnowman, Oct 20, 2020
  4. Setting up Outlook in O365

Outlook Out of date Settings

Hello Christine,

As the above description is not clear provide additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• Are you referring to Office Outlook (Mail client version)/ Mail app/ Windows Live Mail?
    • What is the complete error message/ error code of this issue?
    • What is the exact issues you are facing?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue?

If you are referring to Windows Mail app, let us try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to check if there are any updates for Mail app in Windows Store. If found try to update the app.

Step 2: I suggest you to run Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter,
    troubleshoots problems that may prevent Windows Store Apps from working correctly.

Refer: Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps

Step 3: I suggest you to check with the system Date, time and Time zone
    is set correct.

Follow the steps to set the date and time:

• Type Date and Time in the search bar.
    • Click Change date and time button.
    • Click Apply and Ok to save the date and time.
    Note: Click on the Time Zone tab to check the Time Zone.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with the required information for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 20, 2020
Thema:

1. Setting up Outlook in O365 - Similar Threads - Setting Outlook O365

2. Setting up outlook on a new device

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Setting up outlook on a new device: Hi All,I have brought a new laptop and am trying to set up my outlook. i have managed to import the emails but none of my folders which were previously created have been import. Plus the "+" symbol does not appear when panel "All folders" is shown Thanks in advance Rob...
  3. O365 Outlook - multiple email accounts

in Microsoft Office and 365
    O365 Outlook - multiple email accounts: I have O365 with 2 email accounts, emailA and emailB. Can I set emailB to deliver incoming message to the Inbox of emailA? i.e. I only need to monitor one Inbox to see incoming emails from both accounts. ( I would add a column to show which account they arrived through )....
  4. Import Outlook .pst files into O365 Outlook

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Import Outlook .pst files into O365 Outlook: Hi all, I have just updated my W8.1 to W10 and discovered that the Mail app in W10 cannot import outlook .pst files or contacts, My old version of W8.1 is gone and I no longer have access to Outlook, all i have is the backup .pst files If I go down the path of buying O365...
  5. Setting up Charter email in Outlook

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Setting up Charter email in Outlook: I cannot get my Charter email account set up in Outlook. Any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/setting-up-charter-email-in-outlook/430d443e-1ae0-4826-9ca1-3a8c4671906f"
  6. O365 home to O365 business

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    O365 home to O365 business: Hi, I have used the Office 365 Home free trial on my Windows 10. After I have tried the Office 365 for Business free trial and bought the licenses. Currently I can't switch my home to business account to activate the Windows. Can you help me?...
  7. Windows7 O365 Outlook credential keep popping up. Tried various fixes.

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Windows7 O365 Outlook credential keep popping up. Tried various fixes.: I've flushed the Microsoft windows credentials, reset his password in AD, ran pstscanfile. Checked his office account, no errors, and updated office. Hes working on uninstalling, reinstalling office. What other fixes can I try? Seems like just an issue with outlook. 133301
  8. Setting up Microsoft Outlook

in Browsers and Email
    Setting up Microsoft Outlook: I am trying to set up my gmail in Outlook using the imap system. When I get to the end it just keeps going round and round in circles asking for my username and password and I can't get past this.Does anyone know the answer please? 120420
  9. Outlook set up on new laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Outlook set up on new laptop: Hello We have an old laptop with outlook 2007 on it. Now have purchased a new lappy and downloaded Office 365 outlook...but when I try to set it up it keeps asking for server / password but never seems to connect...just hangs there Any ideas for me to try please...
  10. Outlook (Office 07) set-up

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook (Office 07) set-up: On this new laptop just installed Office 2007 and am attempting to set up email. Unable to get past the step which asks for a password provided by my ISP (see screenshot) Any idea of what this is about, or how to get around it? (gave up trying to get ISP to answer their...