Windows 10: Setting up Outlook on new computer - defaults to Add Microsoft account

Discus and support Setting up Outlook on new computer - defaults to Add Microsoft account in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, My collegue has a new computer and I am trying to set up her Outlook email account on Windows 10. When I click on the Add account and Select... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Alison Evans, Feb 15, 2019.

1. Setting up Outlook on new computer - defaults to Add Microsoft account

Hi,

My collegue has a new computer and I am trying to set up her Outlook email account on Windows 10.

When I click on the Add account and Select Outlook.com I get Add your Microsoft account

We use Office 365 at work - do I need to set her up an Microsoft account to enable an Outlook .

Thanks Alison

:)

Alison Evans, Feb 15, 2019
  2. alvez Win User

outlook account config

SO today my friend asked me if i could post this question on the forum:

He wants to configure a outlook account with 1 email, with that outlook account he wants to run the same account in 2 diferent computers he wants the both computer to be connected in network, for example:

• he receives a email and that email is sent to each computer;
    • he deletes a email from one computer and it also deletes on the other;
    • he moves a email to a folder it also moves on the other computer;
    If you guys can help me would be nice!
    Setting up Outlook on new computer - defaults to Add Microsoft account [​IMG]
    thanks!

alvez, Feb 15, 2019
  3. Outlook 365 - adding new account problem

Hi steveatootac. Welcome to the TenForums @steveatootac

Don't think I would call this a repair but more an edit.

Click on File, upper left, account settings, account setting. A window should open with your accounts listed. Double click on the account you want to edit, then more settings lower right. The is a tab Outgoing Servers

These are the steps in Outlook 2013 and I don't think much has change to Outlook 2016.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Feb 15, 2019
  4. newtekie1 Win User

Setting up Outlook on new computer - defaults to Add Microsoft account

outlook account config

His email provider should have the instructions for setting up outlook with an IMAP account.

newtekie1, Feb 15, 2019
Thema:

Setting up Outlook on new computer - defaults to Add Microsoft account

1. Setting up Outlook on new computer - defaults to Add Microsoft account - Similar Threads - Setting Outlook computer

2. Cannot set up new computer with Microsoft Business account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot set up new computer with Microsoft Business account: I just got a new laptop for a client that had Windows 11 Home edition on it. She has a small business so has a MS Business account. Since it was Home Edition, there was no option to set it up for a work account. So, I set it up with a local admin account using the *** Email...
  3. Cannot set up new computer with Microsoft Business account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot set up new computer with Microsoft Business account: I just got a new laptop for a client that had Windows 11 Home edition on it. She has a small business so has a MS Business account. Since it was Home Edition, there was no option to set it up for a work account. So, I set it up with a local admin account using the *** Email...
  4. Setting up new Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setting up new Microsoft Account: I can't believe I'm posting this question when there's no service. Oh well, I have a Microsoft and Xbox account tied to my personal email which my son uses. Not knowing what we were doing 10 years ago when he got an Xbox for Christmas we used my email setting it up. It...
  5. Setting up new Microsoft Account

Setting up new Microsoft Account: I can't believe I'm posting this question when there's no service. Oh well, I have a Microsoft and Xbox account tied to my personal email which my son uses. Not knowing what we were doing 10 years ago when he got an Xbox for Christmas we used my email setting it up. It...
  6. Trying to add a new Outlook account

Trying to add a new Outlook account: I am trying to add a new account but it is asking me for a verification code which it has sent to new account. However, I can’t enter a code because the email account doesn’t yet exist!! Hope this is clear. Hope someone can help. Many thanks...
  7. Change defaults for new accounts in Outlook

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Change defaults for new accounts in Outlook: First post although Ive referred to this forum often so hi all. In Outlook 2016, its annoying having to enable SMTP authentication and SSL/TLS and ports 993 and 465 every time. I really dont understand why Office 365 still uses insecure email settings as default as well as...
  8. Cannot Add New Account to Outlook 365

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Cannot Add New Account to Outlook 365: I had to delete and start fresh with my Outlook profile due to Dragon Medical Practice Edition corrupting my Outlook file. Long story... I was able to add my Outlook.com and one of my Exchange email accounts. However, I cannot add my health system's Exchange account. It...
  9. How to set up a new microsoft account on a used computer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to set up a new microsoft account on a used computer: I gave my laptop to my son and we're having issues with Microsoft. Can he set up his own account on that computer so it doesn't affect my laptop?...
  10. Setting up Microsoft Outlook

in Browsers and Email
    Setting up Microsoft Outlook: I am trying to set up my gmail in Outlook using the imap system. When I get to the end it just keeps going round and round in circles asking for my username and password and I can't get past this.Does anyone know the answer please? 120420

Users found this page by searching for:

1. adding outlook to new computer

2. add outlook on new computer