Windows 10: Setting up PC for 13 year old boy. Chrome and online security

Discus and support Setting up PC for 13 year old boy. Chrome and online security in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; OK, so built my nephew a gaming PC, and he's going to be pretty much unsurpervised on it, so I want to stop him going to adult websites. I'm going to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Miggsie, Feb 12, 2021.

1. Setting up PC for 13 year old boy. Chrome and online security

OK, so built my nephew a gaming PC, and he's going to be pretty much unsurpervised on it, so I want to stop him going to adult websites. I'm going to have admin control, using team viewer to remote desktop in, so I can test things as I go. Put in blockerX extension in, it seems to do what it's suppose to with one exception, it seems that anyone can turn it off, which renders it useless. I'm assuming this is the case for every extension,

This can't be right, it's not something I've ever needed to concern myself with, so what blatantly obvious thing am I missing?

submitted by /u/Miggsie
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Miggsie, Feb 12, 2021

2. IM 13 YEARS OLD AND NOT ABLE TO USE CORTANA! WHAT DO I DO?

im 13 years old tried everythin to get cortana nothing happens any suggestions?

HamdhanImran, Feb 12, 2021
  3. Unlink an old android phone from my pc

I go thru the suggested steps: Start - Settings - Phone - Unlink this PC.

When I first open the "your phone" screen the old phone is listed. Not sure if the phone listed is suppose to be selectable or not, but my is not. When I select "Unlink this PC" the phone listed is removed. When I select "Add Phone" the old phone still
    shows. I have removed the old phone from my Microsoft Account. I have rebooted after unlink this pc but I still cannot remove my old phone.

LostSailorPO1, Feb 12, 2021
  4. JohnC363 Win User

Setting up PC for 13 year old boy. Chrome and online security

Web Blocking for an 8 Year Old

Your suggestions have not solved my problem yet. But, I first have a more basic problem.

I went to the suggested site and then set up an account for my 8 year old son and signed him up for an email account as a family member. I received an email welcoming him to the family and he shows up in my family list. I turned on the age appropriate
    restrictions and listed cnn.com to block. when I go to his account, there are no restrictions at all. I can get to cnn.com and I can go to sites about **** for teens. What am I doing wrong? Is thee a setting I am missing?

JohnC363, Feb 12, 2021
Thema:

Setting up PC for 13 year old boy. Chrome and online security

1. Setting up PC for 13 year old boy. Chrome and online security - Similar Threads - Setting old boy

2. 13 year old still considered a child in canada?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    13 year old still considered a child in canada?: Why is a 13 year old still required to have parental controls? I'm in Canada, so shouldn't a 13 year old be able to manage his own account? The birthdate listed in the account is correct....
  3. 13 year old still considered a child in canada?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    13 year old still considered a child in canada?: Why is a 13 year old still required to have parental controls? I'm in Canada, so shouldn't a 13 year old be able to manage his own account? The birthdate listed in the account is correct....
  4. 13 year old still considered a child in canada?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. 13 Year Old Unclaimed Zune Pass

in Windows 10 Gaming
    13 Year Old Unclaimed Zune Pass: Hello everyone. I just recently did some spring cleaning and found my unclaimed Zune Pass with the scratch protector still over the code. I know zune is beyond dead but could I trade this to Microsoft in exchange for credit even though it's like 13 years old and most likely...
  6. 13 Year Old Unclaimed Zune Pass

13 Year Old Unclaimed Zune Pass: Hello everyone. I just recently did some spring cleaning and found my unclaimed Zune Pass with the scratch protector still over the code. I know zune is beyond dead but could I trade this to Microsoft in exchange for credit even though it's like 13 years old and most likely...
  7. Removing 13 year old Child from Family Group

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removing 13 year old Child from Family Group: Location: London UKIf I remove my child as a family member at the age of 13 will she lose data? Can I then log her back in with her own account now she is 13 ? If not what happens if upgrading to Windows 11 ?Thanks...
  8. Removing 13 year old Child from Family Group

Removing 13 year old Child from Family Group: Location: London UKIf I remove my child as a family member at the age of 13 will she lose data? Can I then log her back in with her own account now she is 13 ? If not what happens if upgrading to Windows 11 ?Thanks...
  9. Problem with using Zoom on 13 years old Windows 10 pc

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problem with using Zoom on 13 years old Windows 10 pc: Hi, I have a pc with Intel core 2 duo p8700 and ati mobility radeon 3400. It's a around 13 years old pc. I have problem with using zoom meeting app. It's freezing all the time and I have no control. Is there any solution for this?...
  10. Problem with using Zoom on 13 years old Windows 10 pc

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problem with using Zoom on 13 years old Windows 10 pc: Hi, I have a pc with Intel core 2 duo p8700 and ati mobility radeon 3400. It's a around 13 years old pc. I have problem with using zoom meeting app. It's freezing all the time and I have no control. Is there any solution for this?* Moved from Xbox / Games & apps...