Windows 10: Setting up PC with different family user

Discus and support Setting up PC with different family user in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My Wife has a PC that has been setup under my MS ID. This means that when she changes her homepage or favorites (or when I change mine) they change... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BG Commack, Sep 30, 2018.

1. Setting up PC with different family user

My Wife has a PC that has been setup under my MS ID. This means that when she changes her homepage or favorites (or when I change mine) they change the settings on both of our PCs. I selected do not sync devices, but want to change the PC ownership to my wife for her PC

:)

BG Commack, Sep 30, 2018

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Sep 30, 2018
  3. DaveSteep Win User
    setting up user accounts

Not able to set up a separate user account for my wife...following the steps as outlined in settings for setting up family - but get "we couldn't connect to Microsoft family right now, so your family on this device might not be up to date". I am logged
    in to my Microsoft account as it suggests. Any suggestions as to what I am doing wrong?

DaveSteep, Sep 30, 2018
  4. Setting up PC with different family user

Family settings

Hello,

To assist you with your concern, we suggest that you add the new account that you have created before you try to login to your computer. You may refer to the steps below:

• Go to Control Panel.
    • Click on User Accounts.
    • Click on Manage User Accounts.
    • Click on Add a new user in PC settings.
    • Select Add someone else to this PC.
    • Click on the Users Folder.
    • Select More Action.
    • Fill up the required fields.
    • Press the Create button.

Update us on the result.

Regards.

Stephanie Sal, Sep 30, 2018
Thema:

Setting up PC with different family user

1. Setting up PC with different family user - Similar Threads - Setting different family

2. Setting up a user profile for a family member.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Setting up a user profile for a family member.: I want to set up a separate login account for my spouse on a new Windows Home computer. I am the Administrator. My spouse is not very technical. At one time it was possible to set up a guest profile for a user that could even have different apps. I can't find anything in...
  3. Apps and Settings For Different User

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Apps and Settings For Different User: I would like to disable installing and uninstalling apps from child's user account . How can I do that . And also I want multiple files not accessible from child's user account how to do that. My friends are uninstalling Firefox from settings and its getting removed from...
  4. family set up

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    family set up: I am trying to set up my family's 3 computers. I just finished setting up my first computer and all my files from my home computer are now showing up on my daughter's new laptop. This is after I set up it up so that she signs in the computer as a local user. I'm confused...
  5. Family/ other user settings

Family/ other user settings: I've recently set up a few "Other User" accounts on my PC but when anyone uses them they arent able to use a start menu or go into any settings at all, is there a away to fix this?...
  6. Settings: Family& Other Users will not open

Settings: Family& Other Users will not open: I recently had to do a completely fresh install of Windows 10, and I am having an issue since that. Every time I try to open up the "Family & Other Users" option, the window flashes open and then immediately closes. I know there is a workaround which allows me to add other...
  7. Family users disappeared under settings

Family users disappeared under settings: Hello, I'm not an IT pro, so grateful for any answers in layman's terms! Today I signed into my computer running Windows 10 in order to adjust settings for my children's accounts. Usually, under the Accounts/Family & other users tab, under the "Your family" heading, there...
  8. Family & Other Users Not in Settings

Family & Other Users Not in Settings: Family & Other Users in not in Settings. Can someone please help me out?! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/family-other-users-not-in-settings/ae460c5a-cfc0-4f62-96b9-28524400a402
  9. Set up my Family

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Set up my Family: Afternoon I want to ask how to fix my Family Set up if my parents don't have Microsoft phone and computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/set-up-my-family/a5700763-b6a6-4901-8a21-0f45a42ae530
  10. Kids user accounts and family settings

Kids user accounts and family settings: Ive upgraded from Win 8 to Win 10. I had 2 adult local accounts and 2 kids local accounts. I also have the 1 Microsoft account. I don't want to use the Microsoft account signin on my laptop I want to use my local. Is there a way to assign the existing local kids...