Windows 10: Setting up Recovery options

Discus and support Setting up Recovery options in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi everyone. I was wondering what would be the best way to set up a clean install windows 10 machine to allow for methods of repairing it in the case... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Seb, Aug 3, 2015.

1. SEB
    Seb Win User

Setting up Recovery options

Hi everyone. I was wondering what would be the best way to set up a clean install windows 10 machine to allow for methods of repairing it in the case of being unable to login. I have had windows 7 computer not being able to boot in to windows due to specific programs and in the past I have been able to access system restore, repair and command prompt from f8. Having that option is a piece of mind. I know that windows 8 and 10 have this disabled and only allow you to access these features after you boot into windows. I tried accessing system restore from a recovery usb and the windows 10 installation disc that I created and both times when I selected system restore it said that a operating system version was not selected and I would have to reboot and select one. There is never an option to select this. I have Ubuntu installed but only in a virtualbox so I don't think that it would affect it. Thanks for any recommendations.

:)

2. Missing options in Recovery in Settings

Thank you, Phoebeby. Unfortunately, issues didn't begin until after the 30 days. And, I didn't even know about the 30 days so I missed out. And, there's more--Microsoft says my computer's drivers don't support 10. You have saved me from wasted time. Lesson
    learned.

captain68(2), Aug 3, 2015
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Missing options in Recovery in Settings

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Following are the steps to assist you in how to
    Roll Back
    to your previous OS.

• Click on the Start icon
    • Click on Settings, and then click on Update and Security.
    • On the left pane you will find Recovery option, you will find the option
      Go Back to Earlier Build and the click on Get Started.
    Your system will restore back to your previous OS.

Note:

• If you have upgraded from a Windows 7 OS to Windows 10, but your original OS in your computer is either a Windows 7 or 8. The system will roll back to the original OS
    • If you want to roll back your system to the previous OS,31 days after installing Windows 10 you will not be able to perform the roll back.
    • If you perform a Clean install while loading Windows 10, the option to roll back will not be possible.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you

Arun B J, Aug 3, 2015
Thema:

Setting up Recovery options

1. Setting up Recovery options - Similar Threads - Setting Recovery options

2. Lost access to recovery option

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Lost access to recovery option: The problem started when I found my Lenovo computer is locked by Bitlocker. I managed to unlock it but I lost access to computer recovery option. I cannot do anything outside CMD but I can navigate it. How can I restore Windows?...
  3. All recovery options fail

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    All recovery options fail: Hi, Windows 10 fail to start on my laptop. This happened after I replaced the internal DC jack/cable & forgot to connect the touchpad on assembly. I connected a usb mouse and windows started to act a bit weird. after a restart windows wont start. touchpad is now connected...
  4. Cannot set up Fingerprint using Sign-in options

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot set up Fingerprint using Sign-in options: Hi, I use to log into my windows 10 using finger print reader. However just recently i foolishly decided to add another finger print. When I did it, it asked my for my PIN, but I had forgotten it so I deleted it and then when I press "Add" under PIN my computer does...
  5. start up options

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    start up options: I want to bit lock drive c, But I get the information that the start up option is not well set https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/start-up-options/259843cc-c34e-4826-8bd3-a3776df847fe
  6. Being asked to set up OneDrive for file recovery options in case of a ransomware attack

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Being asked to set up OneDrive for file recovery options in case of a ransomware attack: Just lately, every time I load up my computer, the Windows Defender icon in the notification area shows up with a black exclamation mark inside a yellow triangle When I click on the Windows Defender icon, it brings up the Windows Defender Security Centre. On the, 'Virus &...
  7. recovery disk options

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    recovery disk options: Hello, neighbour has given us an HP Notebook to mend, which belongs to his young daughter. I am not a Windows 10 person. The error message - with various bug numbers - is Unable to boot, error code: 0xc0000001, you'll need to use the recovery tools on your installation...
  8. Recovery options question

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Recovery options question: When I go into recovery options, I don't have the option startup settings under advanced options. Why is mine missing? I just had to format and reinstall 10 cause I couldn't get into safe mode to see if I can fix my problem. I have a hard time getting into safe mode, I h ave...
  9. W10 recovery options.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    W10 recovery options.: Got a HP 15-bw024na laptop for my mother, and want to do a recovery installing Windows only without all the third party crap. I'll lose AMD settings and AMD software apps in the process. I'm assuming this couldn't possibly wreck the machine? 106876
  10. Recovery options gone ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Recovery options gone ?: What I'm expecting: [img] What I get: [img] Hello! I just discover that my recovery options have disappeared, leaving me with the only option to Turn Off my PC instead of the usual "Reset your PC or see advanced options". I enclove two snapshots: One with the...