Windows 10: Setting up Recovery options

Discus and support Setting up Recovery options in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi everyone. I was wondering what would be the best way to set up a clean install windows 10 machine to allow for methods of repairing it in the case... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Seb, Aug 3, 2015.

1. SEB
    Seb Win User

Setting up Recovery options

Hi everyone. I was wondering what would be the best way to set up a clean install windows 10 machine to allow for methods of repairing it in the case of being unable to login. I have had windows 7 computer not being able to boot in to windows due to specific programs and in the past I have been able to access system restore, repair and command prompt from f8. Having that option is a piece of mind. I know that windows 8 and 10 have this disabled and only allow you to access these features after you boot into windows. I tried accessing system restore from a recovery usb and the windows 10 installation disc that I created and both times when I selected system restore it said that a operating system version was not selected and I would have to reboot and select one. There is never an option to select this. I have Ubuntu installed but only in a virtualbox so I don't think that it would affect it. Thanks for any recommendations.

:)

2. Missing options in Recovery in Settings

Thank you, Phoebeby. Unfortunately, issues didn't begin until after the 30 days. And, I didn't even know about the 30 days so I missed out. And, there's more--Microsoft says my computer's drivers don't support 10. You have saved me from wasted time. Lesson
    learned.

captain68(2), Aug 3, 2015
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Missing options in Recovery in Settings

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Following are the steps to assist you in how to
    Roll Back
    to your previous OS.

• Click on the Start icon
    • Click on Settings, and then click on Update and Security.
    • On the left pane you will find Recovery option, you will find the option
      Go Back to Earlier Build and the click on Get Started.
    Your system will restore back to your previous OS.

Note:

• If you have upgraded from a Windows 7 OS to Windows 10, but your original OS in your computer is either a Windows 7 or 8. The system will roll back to the original OS
    • If you want to roll back your system to the previous OS,31 days after installing Windows 10 you will not be able to perform the roll back.
    • If you perform a Clean install while loading Windows 10, the option to roll back will not be possible.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you

Arun B J, Aug 3, 2015
Thema:

Setting up Recovery options

1. Setting up Recovery options - Similar Threads - Setting Recovery options

2. Recovery option in Settings app not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recovery option in Settings app not working.: https://photos.app.goo.gl/9eaFqcgyNr82xFhh9I have a screen recording. I just upgraded from windows 10 and I cannot get into recovery options if i wanna go back....
  3. Recovery option in Settings app not working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recovery option in Settings app not working.: https://photos.app.goo.gl/9eaFqcgyNr82xFhh9I have a screen recording. I just upgraded from windows 10 and I cannot get into recovery options if i wanna go back....
  4. No Wi-Fi option while setting up after window recovery.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Wi-Fi option while setting up after window recovery.: I have an acer aspire 5 and a while ago I got the blue screen and the critical process died and that no bootable device on my screen. Now I fixed it by adding a new ssd and doing windows recovery. But as soon as I get ready to set up my account I have no option for Wi-Fi and...
  5. No Wi-Fi option while setting up after window recovery.

No Wi-Fi option while setting up after window recovery.: I have an acer aspire 5 and a while ago I got the blue screen and the critical process died and that no bootable device on my screen. Now I fixed it by adding a new ssd and doing windows recovery. But as soon as I get ready to set up my account I have no option for Wi-Fi and...
  6. No option to set a password, recovery options locked forever and fingerprint sensor not...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    No option to set a password, recovery options locked forever and fingerprint sensor not...: As you can see from the picture, I do not have a password option, and Fingerprint is locked.Because of this...1. BEcause the Recovery Options Including Reset require passwords, I can't use those at all.2. Things that require my Windows password for some reason will also be...
  7. No option to set a password, recovery options locked forever and fingerprint sensor not...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No option to set a password, recovery options locked forever and fingerprint sensor not...: As you can see from the picture, I do not have a password option, and Fingerprint is locked.Because of this...1. BEcause the Recovery Options Including Reset require passwords, I can't use those at all.2. Things that require my Windows password for some reason will also be...
  8. No option to set a password, recovery options locked forever and fingerprint sensor not...

9. Setting up a "perfect" recovery partition

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Setting up a "perfect" recovery partition: Hi there, I just got a new HP Elitebook x360 1040 G5 and for once I want to do things differently and be prepared when Windows blows up. So I'd like to set up a recovery partition on the notebook's ssd that also contains a system image of the updated "mint" state (Win 10...
  10. Being asked to set up OneDrive for file recovery options in case of a ransomware attack

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Being asked to set up OneDrive for file recovery options in case of a ransomware attack: Just lately, every time I load up my computer, the Windows Defender icon in the notification area shows up with a black exclamation mark inside a yellow triangle When I click on the Windows Defender icon, it brings up the Windows Defender Security Centre. On the, 'Virus &...