Windows 10: Setting up replacement Surface Studio 2

Discus and support Setting up replacement Surface Studio 2 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My new Surface Studio 2 was damaged during an electrical storm. What was weird was that the touchscreen, usb ports and Bluetooth all stopped... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by PaulStewart9, Jun 11, 2020.

1. Setting up replacement Surface Studio 2

My new Surface Studio 2 was damaged during an electrical storm. What was weird was that the touchscreen, usb ports and Bluetooth all stopped functioning. But the display worked and Windows would start. I just had no way of inputting anything.

MS agreed to replace the Surface, so I pulled the ssd, cloned it and put it back. I received the replacement and tried to use the clone of the old ssd on the new Surface's ssd. The result didn't work: what I was left with was a Windows login screen, but no method of login worked and the networking was disabled had a network cable plugged in, but Windows didn't recognize it.

Is there any way I can restore the clone of my old Surface to my new Surface?

Thanks.

:)

PaulStewart9, Jun 11, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Updates for Surface Studio and Surface Pro with LTE Advanced - June 28 Surface

Source: Updates for Surface Studio and Surface Pro with LTE Advanced (28 June 2018) Surface

See also:

Brink, Jun 11, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Updates for Surface Studio and Surface Pro with LTE Advanced - June 28

Source: Updates for Surface Studio and Surface Pro with LTE Advanced (28 June 2018) Surface

See also:

Brink, Jun 11, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Setting up replacement Surface Studio 2

Update for Surface Studio - May 4, 2018 Surface

Source: Update for Surface Studio (04 May 2018) Surface

Brink, Jun 11, 2020
Thema:

Setting up replacement Surface Studio 2

1. Setting up replacement Surface Studio 2 - Similar Threads - Setting replacement Surface

2. Can't upgrade Surface Studio 2 to W11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't upgrade Surface Studio 2 to W11: PC HealthCheck says I can, Installation Assistant says no based on processor. According to requirements Surface Studio 2 with i7-7820HQ should meet the requirements. Why is Installation Assistant saying no?...
  3. Can't upgrade Surface Studio 2 to W11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't upgrade Surface Studio 2 to W11: PC HealthCheck says I can, Installation Assistant says no based on processor. According to requirements Surface Studio 2 with i7-7820HQ should meet the requirements. Why is Installation Assistant saying no?...
  4. Installing Windows 11 on a Surface Studio 2.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installing Windows 11 on a Surface Studio 2.: I downloaded the release ISO to install on my Microsoft Surface Studio2.Although the PC Health Check app promised that "This PC meets Windows 11 requirements" the Windows 11 setup stalled stating that " The processor isn't supported for this version of Windows"This isn't a...
  5. Installing Windows 11 on a Surface Studio 2.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installing Windows 11 on a Surface Studio 2.: I downloaded the release ISO to install on my Microsoft Surface Studio2.Although the PC Health Check app promised that "This PC meets Windows 11 requirements" the Windows 11 setup stalled stating that " The processor isn't supported for this version of Windows"This isn't a...
  6. STOP code: win32k_power_watchdog_timeout on Surface Studio 2

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    STOP code: win32k_power_watchdog_timeout on Surface Studio 2: The blue screen appeared with the error win32k_power_watchdog_timeout, the restart reached 100% but did not restart, so I used forced restart by holding the power button down. Will this be a repetitive error? How can I solve it? Here is the file with the information from...
  7. Dns_probe issues with a surface studio 2

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dns_probe issues with a surface studio 2: Ive had this computer for about a year now and its been giving me trouble with internet connection for a few months now. I get a lot of dnsprobe_finished_nxdomain which i midigate by running the netsh winsock reset in the command prompt at least once a day. Ive also changed...
  8. Problems projecting wirelessly between Surface Pro 7 and Surface Studio 2

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problems projecting wirelessly between Surface Pro 7 and Surface Studio 2: If I reboot both devices and go to the Pro, press Win+P, then choose wireless display, I will see the Surface Studio 2 and can project and control from the Studio no problem. If the session disconnects or I close it down and I then try to do the same thing again it typically...
  9. Microsoft Surface Studio 2: Everything you need to know

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Surface Studio 2: Everything you need to know: Microsoft at its Surface Event at New York City yesterday announced the second generation Surface Studio 2. The Surface Studio 2 is on similar lines to the company’s first generation Surface Studio but comes with upgraded hardware. The Surface Studio 2 comes with a new...
  10. Meet Surface Pro 6, Surface Laptop 2, Surface Studio 2 and Headphones

in Windows 10 News
    Meet Surface Pro 6, Surface Laptop 2, Surface Studio 2 and Headphones: New Surface devices, along with new innovations in Windows and Office 365, offer more performance and productivity across your whole life. Today we are proud to share four new Surface products with the world. Products built for people. We put our hearts and souls into...