Windows 10: Setting up rules in win10- making VPN open with certain programs

Discus and support Setting up rules in win10- making VPN open with certain programs in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I want windows to open my VPN every time certain programs open. I have set up shortcut conditions through creating batch files as per "fig 1 -... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by legoman195, Aug 7, 2019.

1. Setting up rules in win10- making VPN open with certain programs

I want windows to open my VPN every time certain programs open.

I have set up shortcut conditions through creating batch files

as per "fig 1 - BitComet open with VPN"

This works great but only when I trigger the shortcut.

My problem is that in a lot of situations - use of torrents/newsgroups these programs are triggered via Chrome.

Is there a way to latch on to the command to open these programs in any way to force my VPN to come on?

I don't want to run my VPN all the time but I would like there to be an automated way that it opens for certain programs.

Thanks in advance.

:)

legoman195, Aug 7, 2019
  2. Knoxx29 Win User

Vpn ( trusted Vpn)

Hi everyone.
    I am not an expert about Vpn and that's why I would like to know if someone could list me a few trusted Vpns, I would really appreciate any suggestion/ advice.

Thanks.

Knoxx29, Aug 7, 2019
  3. Ian Ser Win User
    Make changes to "Open With" setting

Hello,

The programs/apps you see when you click the "Open with" are the ones that are able to open them. You can make these programs/apps be the default opener of a file without having to right-click and click "Open with" by following these steps:

• Press Windows key on your keyboard or click Start menu.
    • On the search bar, type and click Default Programs.
    • On the window that would appear, you can find what apps are used as default by certain files. Click the app that you would like to change and choose the program/app you would like to use.
    • If you want to set files that are opened by an app, you can set them by clicking
      Set defaults by app.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Ian Ser, Aug 7, 2019
  4. P4-630 Win User

Setting up rules in win10- making VPN open with certain programs

Vpn ( trusted Vpn)

Tired of Germany blocking many youtube videos? *Big Grin Setting up rules in win10- making VPN open with certain programs :D

P4-630, Aug 7, 2019
Thema:

Setting up rules in win10- making VPN open with certain programs

1. Setting up rules in win10- making VPN open with certain programs - Similar Threads - Setting rules win10

2. Certain programs started not opening

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Certain programs started not opening: As of a month or two, I would boot up a program only to execute It showed as open in the task manager, but there was no window. It would also allow me to boot up the same programs multiple times but without any window showing up still. Some of the programs that won't open...
  3. Certain programs started not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Certain programs started not opening: As of a month or two, I would boot up a program only to execute It showed as open in the task manager, but there was no window. It would also allow me to boot up the same programs multiple times but without any window showing up still. Some of the programs that won't open...
  4. Certain programs started not opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Certain windows programs not opening

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Certain windows programs not opening: No apps opening that ive downloaded online, and certain windows programs are not opening, i think it might be an issue with Java but ive tried to repair it and its still not fixed. Discord and my browsers work....
  6. Setting up a VPN

Setting up a VPN: I get an error message CANNOT REOLVE SERVER - what do I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/setting-up-a-vpn/80967ba6-f364-4716-ae5b-c56c81aeb873
  7. Windows not opening certain programs

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows not opening certain programs: My computer is having an issue where there are certain programs that when I try to launch them, the hourglass icon appears next to the cursor for a second, then goes away and acts like nothing happened. It is only happening on certain programs, such as the office programs...
  8. Setting up a VPN

Setting up a VPN: When setting up a VPN, which address do I use? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/setting-up-a-vpn/23683ad0-f682-4e6f-9236-c2a64123199e
  9. wanting to set up a vpn

wanting to set up a vpn: I have been thinking lately about wanting to set up a vpn on my home network, kinda for added security and kinda because everyone I know is using one, however I have at and t for internet and not sure if there are any that work on at and t. anyone have any suggestions on how...
  10. wanting to set up a vpn

in Windows 10 Support
    wanting to set up a vpn: I have been thinking lately about wanting to set up a vpn on my home network, kinda for added security and kinda because everyone I know is using one, however I have at and t for internet and not sure if there are any that work on at and t. anyone have any suggestions on how...