Windows 10: Setting up search - Windows 10

Discus and support Setting up search - Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am moving from Windows 7 to 10. How do I set up search so that the results for the entire PC appear in the search folder? My searches show a small... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DavidFolk, Nov 9, 2019.

1. DavidFolk Win User

Setting up search - Windows 10

I am moving from Windows 7 to 10. How do I set up search so that the results for the entire PC appear in the search folder? My searches show a small subset of the search results, typically a folder with the search term in the name. In Windows 7 my searches display the entire search on the first click.

Thanks!

D

:)

DavidFolk, Nov 9, 2019

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Nov 9, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 9, 2019
  4. Highdown Win User

Windows 10 Settings App Search Not working

Thank you for providing some suggestions.

I performed step 1, and at the end of the test, it reported "No changes or updates are necessary."

I then performed step 2 and received the same message at the end of the test.

After running the two tests above, I opened up Settings and typed "privacy", which should show some help categories (It does on my other Windows 10 computers). However, on the one computer there is no help information. It states "No result for privacy".
    It appears the Settings app help information list is empty or not found. Typing a single character, e.g., 'p', into the search box displays "No result for p".

Any further suggestions are welcome.

Is there a convenient way to have windows 10 try to repair itself without uninstalling my software and/or loosing all of my personal data.

Regards...

Highdown, Nov 9, 2019
Thema:

1. Setting up search - Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Setting search

2. Settings search has never worked

in Windows 10 Support
    Settings search has never worked: I have had my Tablet PC for about 5 years. In this time the Search function has never worked, it just does not find anything I enter. It could be of some use if it did. Regarding a related point, it is clear MS has not yet been able to carry out the planned replacement of...
  3. Start Menu, Search Bar, Settings, Edge and Others Not Working After Reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Start Menu, Search Bar, Settings, Edge and Others Not Working After Reset: Hello! After wiping my computer and reinstalling windows the start menu stopped working. every time I click on the start menu the cursor shows it loading for a second then nothing happens, same with the notification center. The search bar wont work either, but it shows no...
  4. Can't access "Searching Windows" tab in Search in Settings on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't access "Searching Windows" tab in Search in Settings on Windows 10: Hi, I can't access the "Searching Windows" tab in Search in Settings on Windows 10. I'm using Asus VivoBook laptop. Help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-access-searching-windows-tab-in-search-in/b3de4557-3713-4bea-a31a-d8dcc33b6cef
  5. Cannot type anything on the task bar and inside setting search bar!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot type anything on the task bar and inside setting search bar!: Hi, I've recently updated my laptop to the newest version of Windows 10, since then I started to notice that I cannot input any keys / characters from my keyboard on the task bar and inside setting search bar. May I know how to resolve this issue? I have no trouble typing...
  6. 2019-09 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1903 KB4515384 disables settings and search

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    2019-09 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1903 KB4515384 disables settings and search: My computor keeps updating the above and each time I have to uninstall through the catalog as I lose access to Settings and the search function. How do I either fix this or change it so that my computor does not automatically update as I uninstall and the system installs...
  7. Windows 10 1903. Microsoft edge, settings, search bar etc not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 1903. Microsoft edge, settings, search bar etc not working: Trying to find a solution starting about 2 weeks ago been having an issue with a computer, Microsoft edge wont load anything just seems frozen when you open it, doesn't even open a start page. Tried updating it to version 1903 and now edge wont works still but now when i...
  8. Cursor keeps blinking in the address bar search menu after opening explorer or settings for...

in Cortana
    Cursor keeps blinking in the address bar search menu after opening explorer or settings for...: This only happens after I boot up, goes away if I search something and go back or open explorer/settings again. Also goes away If I tab out to start & open services.msc and tab back to that window. Doesn't go away if I open or do any other thing. And apparently, I can't...
  9. Search setting in windows 10m calendar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Search setting in windows 10m calendar: I just started using the windows 10 calendar and need help with the search function. It auto created three calendars: two attached to my email addresses and one to the calendar. When I try to use the search function of the two email calendars it says that it can't search the...
  10. Search setting in windows 10m calendar

in Windows 10 Support
    Search setting in windows 10m calendar: I just started using the windows 10 calendar and need help with the search function. It auto created three calendars: two attached to my email addresses and one to the calendar. When I try to use the search function of the two email calendars it says that it can't search the...