Windows 10: Setting up security Key in Windows 10.

Discus and support Setting up security Key in Windows 10. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Something went wrong We encountered an issue setting up your security key. The security key you used is not supported. Make sure you have a... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ok#paul, Aug 10, 2019.

1. ok#paul Win User

Setting up security Key in Windows 10.

Something went wrong
    We encountered an issue setting up your security key.
    The security key you used is not supported. Make sure you have a Microsoft-compatible security key and try again.

Bought a brand new Sandisk ULTRA USB3 32gb. Encountered an issue.

So which keys are so-called "Microsoft-compatible?"

Should I throw away my Sandisk Ultra?

:)

ok#paul, Aug 10, 2019

2. windows 10 key

Thanks but I don't want to do any decrypting. I want to download a Win 10 ISO from Microsoft and install it using my Win 8 key. No other steps required. Is that possible?

Easy Rhino, Aug 10, 2019
  3. P4-630 Win User
    DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 10 NOW - Upgrade and ISO direct from microsoft

Click to expand... Yeah I went to that site, why do I need to buy a key?
    I won't buy a key, stupid.

I'll revert back to windows 7 then.

When I still was on windows 7, about a year ago I added 4GB extra ram which is a total of 8GB now,
    is that causing the problem?

P4-630, Aug 10, 2019
  4. Setting up security Key in Windows 10.

Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Aug 10, 2019
Thema:

Setting up security Key in Windows 10.

1. Setting up security Key in Windows 10. - Similar Threads - Setting security Key

2. Windows asking for USB security key I never set up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows asking for USB security key I never set up: Out of the blue, when I use some apps, Windows is asking me to sign in with my USB Security key. But I never set up a USB Security Key, and it will not let me sign in any other way.In Security -> Ways to sign In, I see several sign-in options there and most of them have a...
  3. Windows asking for USB security key I never set up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows asking for USB security key I never set up: Out of the blue, when I use some apps, Windows is asking me to sign in with my USB Security key. But I never set up a USB Security Key, and it will not let me sign in any other way.In Security -> Ways to sign In, I see several sign-in options there and most of them have a...
  4. Security settings and Personal Vault require a security key, except none is set up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Security settings and Personal Vault require a security key, except none is set up: Hello,I recently switched my phone which had the authenticator app, and now everything that required access through the authenticator verification is messed up as the settings haven't transferred properly. I was trying to access my account security settings earlier and I was...
  5. Security settings and Personal Vault require a security key, except none is set up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Security settings and Personal Vault require a security key, except none is set up: Hello,I recently switched my phone which had the authenticator app, and now everything that required access through the authenticator verification is messed up as the settings haven't transferred properly. I was trying to access my account security settings earlier and I was...
  6. Security settings and Personal Vault require a security key, except none is set up

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. How to set up secure FTP on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to set up secure FTP on Windows 10: I have set up FTP on a windows 10 PC and have no problem accessing the file from another network with my public IP address. As soon as I assign a self assigns SSL certificate I can't access the drive. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. Can anyone help?...
  8. Windows 10 Set Up Security

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Set Up Security: Hi All. I am reaching out to what the best approach for remote assistance would suit, I am struggling to manage data in a compliant manner to suit all parties in addition to Windows, iOS and Android Security, to say I having a nightmare would be an understatement, any...
  9. How to set up a security key for your Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 News
    How to set up a security key for your Microsoft Account: Microsoft introduced password-less sign-in functionality in the Microsoft Edge browser in the October 2018 Update for Windows 10. The new security feature unlocks options to sign in to Microsoft services without having to enter a password; the functionality is restricted to...
  10. Set Up Security Key to Log into Apps in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Set Up Security Key to Log into Apps in Windows 10: How to: Set Up Security Key to Log into Apps in Windows 10 How to Set Up Security Key to Log into Apps in Windows 10 A security key (ex: YubiKey) is a physical device that you can use instead of your user name and password to sign in. Since its used in addition to a...