Windows 10: Setting up security Key in Windows 10.

Discus and support Setting up security Key in Windows 10. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Something went wrong We encountered an issue setting up your security key. The security key you used is not supported. Make sure you have a... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ok#paul, Aug 10, 2019.

1. ok#paul Win User

Setting up security Key in Windows 10.

Something went wrong
    We encountered an issue setting up your security key.
    The security key you used is not supported. Make sure you have a Microsoft-compatible security key and try again.

Bought a brand new Sandisk ULTRA USB3 32gb. Encountered an issue.

So which keys are so-called "Microsoft-compatible?"

Should I throw away my Sandisk Ultra?

:)

ok#paul, Aug 10, 2019

2. windows 10 key

Thanks but I don't want to do any decrypting. I want to download a Win 10 ISO from Microsoft and install it using my Win 8 key. No other steps required. Is that possible?

Easy Rhino, Aug 10, 2019
  3. P4-630 Win User
    DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 10 NOW - Upgrade and ISO direct from microsoft

Click to expand... Yeah I went to that site, why do I need to buy a key?
    I won't buy a key, stupid.

I'll revert back to windows 7 then.

When I still was on windows 7, about a year ago I added 4GB extra ram which is a total of 8GB now,
    is that causing the problem?

P4-630, Aug 10, 2019
  4. Setting up security Key in Windows 10.

Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Aug 10, 2019
Thema:

Setting up security Key in Windows 10.

1. Setting up security Key in Windows 10. - Similar Threads - Setting security Key

2. enter set up key on pc

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    enter set up key on pc: where do I enter setup key for xbox 360 on my pc in pcsetup https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/enter-set-up-key-on-pc/65340142-a53f-4f9e-9ea6-13e7013ab152
  3. Security settings

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Security settings: Please help! I'm trying to change my settings on my internet on my laptop but im buggered if I know how. Can someone please give me a simple way of doing this please as I cant go onto anything that is above 13!!!!!!!!...
  4. Windows 10 User Set Up: Your Security Questions (MANDATORY) ARE NOT APPRECIATED!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 User Set Up: Your Security Questions (MANDATORY) ARE NOT APPRECIATED!: Having been in the military, the best question left capable of being asked is one that has no anticipated answer. You having your demographic shopping list of user information is not appreciated and I DEMAND that you rethink your "security" if you believe having all of the...
  5. Windows 10 Set Up Security

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Set Up Security: Hi All. I am reaching out to what the best approach for remote assistance would suit, I am struggling to manage data in a compliant manner to suit all parties in addition to Windows, iOS and Android Security, to say I having a nightmare would be an understatement, any...
  6. Security Key

Security Key: Yubico said I can add more than one security key but I was only able to add one. I added like 4 on my Google so I am not sure why I can't add more than one on Microsoft. Thanks....
  7. How to set up a security key for your Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 News
    How to set up a security key for your Microsoft Account: Microsoft introduced password-less sign-in functionality in the Microsoft Edge browser in the October 2018 Update for Windows 10. The new security feature unlocks options to sign in to Microsoft services without having to enter a password; the functionality is restricted to...
  8. security settings

security settings: A month or two ago I set some kind of security setting where it would prevent apps and installs from installing in areas of the system where they should not be allowed. Unfortunately a couple of my apps that have been updated, now have errors in them because presumably they...
  9. Need help with setting up network and security

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Need help with setting up network and security: I'm looking for help with getting my network setup so I can have various programs on different computers communicate properly, but also keep my data secure. Not exactly sure where to start as networking difficulties steam back to Win 10 installation on Desktop computer. On...
  10. Windows 10 Set-up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Set-up: The Windows 10 update download was finished - it started the install with the green screen and got up to 35 % of the install. Now a white rectangular window has opened (within the green screen) it says: "Windows could not configure one or more system components. To...